My thoughts on X-Rebirth Reboot VR

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dertien
x2

My thoughts on X-Rebirth Reboot VR

Post by dertien » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 20:24

As far as the little time I have played the game in 'sandbox' mode, I really like what Ego has done.

The immersion is there, and the gaming is fluid, at least on my rig. I'm using my Hotas and an Oculus Rift on Steam.

As far as space goes, everything is spot on. I do hope that the majority of existing mods will be able to function in both versions of X-Rebirth. No Police Sirens, No Highways, No Granmas... these are pretty much must have mods.

Two things could improve the game IMHO:

1) Platform movement, turning your character left or right to face a certain direction is pretty nauseating.

So,

How about making a control option that would do the following.

Since this is a sitting experience you move your head in the direction you wish to look. This is great in the cockpit, but on platforms this is a problem, unless you stand up and face the desired direction and then use the forward thumbstick ot walk.

Now for those who wish to remain seated when not in the cockpit, it would be great to just be able to turn your character using your head by turning left or right and once you center your head (focus with your eyes on the point you wish to walk to) the turn would stop. Also, the more you turn your face to the left or to the right, the faster the character in game would turn. One gets motion-sick pretty quickly using a thumbstick to turn left or right and looking forward, while the interior view of the station is shifting to the left or the right.

2) The computer screen that slides out of the slot to the right hand side when sitting in the pilot seat, is too far back.

This could be solved easily by fitting the seat and its VR viewpoint about 1 meter further to the rear of the skunk.

That is all.

Great job Ego for this wonderful VR experience.

PS : I also miss the original cockpit - could this be reinstated for us Geforce 1070 users?

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”