How do I dock?

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Franc Kaos

How do I dock?

Post by Franc Kaos » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 19:10

I fly right over the icon, can't appear to target it, press the dock button and nothing happens. Had a quick look in menu but can't see a docking request or anything.

I'm still in the tutorial and I might have shot up the station somewhat. Would that make a difference? I'm not getting any grief from anywhere.

Cheers.

Mavo Pi
x4

Post by Mavo Pi » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 19:17

Fly to the icon, select the icon and then choose dock in the circle menu.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 00:12

Thanks for the response but I can't select the icon - well, I can, but it involves me removing my headset, waiting for the game to go into 2D mode on the screen then double clicking the icon, not the ideal way.

My MS controller and HOTAS don't play well together.

We (HOTAS users) need mouse input within VR (not really sure how easy it is to implement), at least when screens are open (and when walking on the station), or more binding options, like the four options on the bottom of the zone / sector maps, they seem randomly assigned to various joystick buttons, still haven't found a way to select quick menu options and think I'm going to have to get creative with dialogue choices too.

This is with the Oculus version btw

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 01:41

Took me some time to figure that one out too:

In your VR headset you see a red dot marker wherever you look. Point that marker towards an icon.

When close enough for docking press that button on your Hotas while looking at the icon. It will show 2 arrows on either side of it when selected.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 06:42

Thank you :)

Seems I overwrote my interact button (the game needs a 'this button assigned to ... are you sure?' ms). :oops:

Assigned 1 thru' 6 to my hat keys, seems to work well in dialogue.

I'm getting there, soon will be out of tutorial :) Having fun anyway.

r4yban

Post by r4yban » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 01:09

@dertien tried this myself as I have the same problem, to no avail. No matter how close I get, pressing the "interaction menu" button (the one that's bound to F by default) while placing the red/white dot directly on the icon does nothing. I'm wondering, are there any other settings you can think of that could cause this difference in behavior?

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 01:18

You should not use the interaction button (F) but the dock button shortcut. Get close enough to the docking location icon and when two inward arrows show, press the dock button.

Keep the red or white dot on the location as well.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”