Will the warehouse mining bugs be fixed one day ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Browser_ice
x4

Will the warehouse mining bugs be fixed one day ?

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 20:03

As I restarted playing XR 2 weeks ago, I am painfully reminded of the warehouse mining bug by looking at my 14 mining ships (smalls + XL) that exibit one of the following 2 behaviors:

1) they have just been assigned to the warehouse manager and yet they are stuck in just looking around for what to mine

2) they are full and just keep indicating they are mining when in fact they are not doing any mining; they should be returning to the warehouse to transfer their cargo

I know we can bypass these by doing some manipulations but its just a drag having to do it often when the bugs could just be fixed.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 20:32

For mining to happen u need to set a buy price. I know that's a bit annoying, but if u set up a seperate warehouse for mining u can set the buy price to the lowest amount and sell price for an average price that would sell. By not giving the manager any money to begin with u can avoid that the warehouse buys the goods somewhere, but if u keep the buy price low that is unlikely anyway.

Once u did that ur ships will mine away. Just make sure u have enough ships to sell ur goods otherwise they'll be sitting around alot cuz warehouses don't have that much storage for just a few ressources, even if u redistribute the most storage to those wares. :)

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 21:18

I had figured that out for the first bug. If you have no buying price, they will not mine at all.

This first bug is a minor one and not a show stopper. They should start mining as soon as you selected the mineral/gaz in your storage selection even if you have not set a price.

The second bug is closer to a show stopper. I tried putting back those miners in my group and then reassigning them to the warehouse commander. At first it was indicating they were returning to the warehouse but then if they are already full, they simply do not return to base at all and keep ghost mining.

Giving the possibility to use a warehouse to mine ressources and then selling them is an important part of the game. It should be fixed. Otherwise what is the point of mining if you have to do it all manually ?
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 22:01

Hm, i'm not sure i've seen the second one before. The only reason i found that would cause such behaviour is a full warehouse. But as soon as new space is available ships keep unloading and mining. :o

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 00:43

My warehouse is brand new. What it has in stored products are from the first wave of mining. The second wave of mining is where I have the issue.

I also noticed that there are no products at all in the Buying window of the commercial details of my warehouse. However, I do see them in the selling window. There is a buying price and a selling price for each products (ice, ore and silicium). I maximized the vrak space to have the biggest storage possible for each of those 3 minerals.

Also, my station's missing having a commercial ship assigned is still not done. I only assigned smalling mining ships and 3 XL Albatros vrak with surface drones.

Found some old threads of when I was looking at these a while ago. I just never got back to them:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 02:03

Any old mods that mess with miner/trade logic? Gotta say i'm really clueless. Mine are making good money.

Mine doesn't show the buy price aswell, but that's cuz it's storage is full.
Also the trade ship part is fixed, my mission for a tradeship is gone.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 02:51

I'm not sure if it would be relevant, but what are the 3 primary skill levels of the station Manager and ship Captains?

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 15:50

Not sure if you meant which are the 3 highest skills or the first 3 ones. So I will answer both

ship name /Nav-Comb-Mor/3 highest skills
Miner-Small-Gaz /2- 1- 2/ Nav=2, Mor=2, Ing=2
Miner-Small-Vrak /0- 1- 1/ Mana=2, Sci=2, Comb=1
Miner-Large-Gaz /2- 0- 1/ Ing=3, Lead=2, Mor=1
Miner-Large-Vrak /4- 3- 0/ Lead=4, Nav=3, Sci=3
Miner-XL-All /0- 0- 0/ Mana=3, Comb=3, Sci=1
Miner-XL-Liquid /2- 2- 1/ Lead=2, Nav=2, Comb=1
Miner-XL-Vrak /1- 2- 0/ Mor=3, Lead=3, Sci=3

p.s.: my game is in french so Mana is the translation of Gestion (managing)

That is an interesting point you bring, but I do not recall saying any usages of skills in the mining scripts (I may have missed it).

I currently repeat the same scenario and check how they behave (aprox. 60m)
- load a saved game where all ships are not assigned to warehouse
- assigned them all to the warehouse
- let it run for a while
- extract the infos from the log

[added comments]
I did a search on any skill wording in the mining skills and did find some in the mining.ship.collect.html:
Z:\temp\aiscripts\mining.ship.collect.xml (6 hits)
Line 154: <set_value name="$skill" exact="(this.combinedskill - 50) * 3" />
Line 154: <set_value name="$skill" exact="(this.combinedskill - 50) * 3" />
Line 164: <do_elseif value="$pickup.{$i}.wares.{$checkware}.count le 0" chance="$skill">
Line 325: <set_value name="$skill" exact="(this.combinedskill - 50) * 3" />
Line 325: <set_value name="$skill" exact="(this.combinedskill - 50) * 3" />
Line 337: <do_elseif value="$pickup.{$i}.wares.{$checkware}.count le 0" chance="$skill">

So maybe there is a relation between the behaviors I am seeing and skills ....
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 01:48

From the same saved file, I tried recreating the situations several times but it reacts differently almost all the times.

My saved game has several kind of mining ships not assigned to the warehouse. Then once I load this saved game, I assigned all mining ships to the warehouse commander and then start watching log records.

Sometimes, its all the ship that are stuck in Free Mining.
Sometimes, its just a few or just one stuck in Free Mining.
Sometimes, none are stuck in Free Mining.

Seams random. Using the same saved game and doing the same actions from the start should produce the same result but I there are randomizations affecting the outcome. Not the one where drone's collecting efficency is affected by the pilot/commander of the mining ship. This stuck in Free Mining happens before they even decide to mine someplace.

I am still at it. It is a good practice for me.
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 08:52

Please could you upload the save for Devs to look at if they have time during this X Rebirth beta? Are you using any mods?

Please also indicate which game version you are playing. E.g. 4.10 or the 4.21 beta. Thanks.

It's possible that a skill check is being used to determine whether the miner needs to change behaviour (e.g. start returning to the warehouse). Failure could then mean waiting a while before trying again. If their cargo is full it might not make sense but it's a possible explanation for the inconsistent observations you've seen.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 15:28

iforgotmysocks wrote:Any old mods that mess with miner/trade logic? Gotta say i'm really clueless. Mine are making good money.

Mine doesn't show the buy price aswell, but that's cuz it's storage is full.
Also the trade ship part is fixed, my mission for a tradeship is gone.
How and where do I upload ?

[added comments]
I sent an email to crash@egosoft.com containing all the infos and files.
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sun, 8. Oct 17, 18:10

I used the same savegame file I used for all my testing except, instead of assigning all the mining ships to the warehouse, I used them myself to tell them where to mine and when they are full, tell them to transfer their cargo to my warehouse.

Doing it this way seams to be going OK. I did not notice any waste of times.

This leads me to believe that somehow, the issue of wasting time between actions is related to the aiscript mining. ship.station

I haven't figured out why and where. But from my one hour log, it is clear theare are indications of wasting times or somehow being blind/unable to see asteroids properly.

[added comments]
One thing I noticed that I had forgotten, somehow, the warehouse looses all its commercial offers of buying. All the minerals are selected to be bought and with a price but when I look at the commercial offers of my warehouse, there are none to be bought. I do not know when it they disapeard. That is one thing I forgot to monitor. I guess Dev can find out looking at the logs I sent them.
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 00:59

Have those issues I mentioned in this thread been fixed in patch 4.30 ?

I had stoped playing since my last post.
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 17. Feb 18, 15:07

I do not recall seeing any follow-ups to you guys investigating my save file and its been 3 months. I stopped playing XR back then because of this issue and others related to warehouse bugs that pissed me off.
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 17. Feb 18, 17:06

The v4.21 beta that I mentioned above ended up being released as v4.30. There are 3 Warehouse behaviour fixes listed.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=347278

If they don't address the issue you experienced (i.e. if it is still occurs in v4.30), please feel free to post a new report.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 22:36

I set up a warehouse. Assigned it 5 mining ships and after 30 min or so, I see one ship is just flying around doing nothing when there is plenty to mine. My log search shows only one log even and it was when I assigned it to the warehouse (bulk assignment of all ships).

I will wait longer to see if it does something or not.

Ships are:
- one small gaz miner
- one small bulk miner (this is the one just traveling around)
- one large gaz miner
- one large bulk miner
- one large anything miner (scaldis)

[added comments]
My Small Bulk Miner finaly picked up some ore and started doing his job. I don't know why it took a while for him to start.

I accidently goofed up and had to restart the game, therefore creating a new log. So far it seams to be going good. I will still let it run for a while and see what happens. If this is fixed, I will be happy to give this game another try. Usage of warehouse is such a big part of the gameplay but it was ruining my game not being able to mine properly.
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 01:02

Nice one. Thanks for the reply and for testing.

Andy_MB
x4

Post by Andy_MB » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 08:03

Hi. For 4.30 :
"WarehouseMinersFix"

or hire

..aiscripts\mining.ship.station.xml

Code: Select all

<diff xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <replace sel="//set_value[@exact='[this.ship.cargo.{$ware}.free, $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.target].min']/@exact">[this.ship.cargo.{$ware}.free, $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.count].min</replace>
  <replace sel="//do_if[@value='$iswarehouse']//append_to_list[@name='$unloadlist']/@exact">[$tempware, [this.ship.cargo.{$tempware}.count, $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.count].min]</replace>
</diff>

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 18:14

Andy_MB wrote:Hi. For 4.30 :
"WarehouseMinersFix"

or hire

..aiscripts\mining.ship.station.xml

Code: Select all

<diff xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <replace sel="//set_value[@exact='[this.ship.cargo.{$ware}.free, $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.target].min']/@exact">[this.ship.cargo.{$ware}.free, $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.count].min</replace>
  <replace sel="//do_if[@value='$iswarehouse']//append_to_list[@name='$unloadlist']/@exact">[$tempware, [this.ship.cargo.{$tempware}.count, $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.count].min]</replace>
</diff>
translation of the site link:
Title: WarehouseMinersFix (Fixed warehouse miners)
Author: eliseeff
Version of the mod: 1.02
Short Description: Correction of script errors attributed to the miners' warehouse, because of which they overflow the storage in excess of the established limits in version 4.30.

Egosoft, you are aware of this error ?
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 23:32

I thought the issues were fixed but I am discovering something that looks like an issue I had before. I had renable some MODs since last reply.

My warehouse is not displaying some wares in its trade window causing the mining ship to not be able to transfer their mined wares to the warehouse.

I noticed this when I found I had a bunch of mining ships always full and always docking at my warehouse. I tried to transfer directly to the warehouse one of those product (using a mining ship that was not assigned to warehouse) but the wares was not showing up in the list of available wares to transfer.

I have MODs but none of them are related to mining or trading.

So I do not know what to do.

Should I disable and try the whole thing again from scratch ? I kind of don't want to do it. I had restarted so many times before because of issues.

Instead, I am trying this warehouse fix in the above reply.

By the way I did noticed this error message below that is happening quite often. I did not look for where it is in the script.
  • [General] 63608.97 ======================================
    [=ERROR=] 63608.97 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x8af7: Custom trade failed, and here is why:
    [General] 63608.97 ======================================
    [=ERROR=] 63608.97 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x8af7: Custom trade failed, and here is why:
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”