[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Marvin Martian
x4

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 08:23

i assume should both same level only different layouts and CSB is almost compatible to NF
in this new Version of Forum you can search the actual thread only with the searchfield on top of the thread ;)

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 14:56

Hektos wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 05:03
Hey all, I played X-Rebirth back when the first DLC came out (Teladi Outpost) and only got about 40 hours in before something else grabbed my attention. I'm going to be trying another playthrough and want to give NF a try.

I was wondering if anyone had some suggested mods to go along with this? I've already grabbed the new areas (LostSectors, Herschels Gift, Extinguished Hope, Prosper Devries, and Vacana Ltd. Ships / Paladin Destroyer).

Does Show Skills work? Do I need it?

Which version of the Capital Ship Bridge should I get? Capital Ship Bridge - 4.30 + or Capital Ship Bridge With New Charts - XRB 4.30 +

I've tried searching through the thread, but there are a LOT of posts xD I appreciate any help/input!

Honestly the mods you had grabbed suggested by the new frontier is going be too much in the end and lag you a LOT. I don't see many people bring it up but I did some testing and their taxing to add with NF.

That being said grab the "with new charts" for the bridge mod it really just fixes some maps that were not there and such.

Show Skills mod works for me just fine I have it installed.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 16:44

Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 08:23
i assume should both same level only different layouts and CSB is almost compatible to NF
in this new Version of Forum you can search the actual thread only with the searchfield on top of the thread ;)
Thanks! I don't know how I missed that handy little function :P I'll do a little more searching.
Kane Hart wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 14:56
Honestly the mods you had grabbed suggested by the new frontier is going be too much in the end and lag you a LOT. I don't see many people bring it up but I did some testing and their taxing to add with NF.

That being said grab the "with new charts" for the bridge mod it really just fixes some maps that were not there and such.

That is sad to hear as they look like cool areas. I looked back, saw your test results, and noticed you were getting well over 60 fps, which doesn't seem terrible :P It does seem the game is CPU limited. Could I ask what CPU you have?
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 20:03

Hektos wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 16:44
Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 08:23
Thanks! I don't know how I missed that handy little function :P I'll do a little more searching.
Kane Hart wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 14:56

That is sad to hear as they look like cool areas. I looked back, saw your test results, and noticed you were getting well over 60 fps, which doesn't seem terrible :P It does seem the game is CPU limited. Could I ask what CPU you have?
4770k at 4ghz. The issue here is they expand as time goes on. So 12 hours 100 hours etc there will be more stations / ships.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 22:44

Kane Hart wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 20:03
4770k at 4ghz. The issue here is they expand as time goes on. So 12 hours 100 hours etc there will be more stations / ships.
My cpu is a bit stronger, so maybe I'll just wing it and see how things go xD
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 23:03

Thufar wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 14:54
Marvin,

Bringing to your attention...

1) The two TER Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) in HOL West Gate District 05, both I and II, I believe are not set up correctly. In my game (newest release) neither are producing Ship Parts (weapons). Also, some production modules only require EC and Plasma Flow Regulators as primary resources, while other production modules require a whole host of primary resources. So jar, this is all the Ship Part production facilities my Business Center allows me to see.
Marvin Martian wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 15:04
1) i need to check, at later builds one sort of Production should use Weaponparts to construct Shipparts (intendet to lower unwanted Weapon-parts)
Marvin,

I am building a Civ Ship Parts Lot now. In the first CSPL build (first three stages), everything seemed to be fine. Brought in wares and it started to build Ship Parts. When I built the first stage of the second CSPL, I got the strange production module referenced above. Additionally, completion of this stage introduced an additional ware, the plasma flow regulators - presumably needed by the ship parts (weapons). However, now all three production stages require plasma flow regulators and all production stopped until supplied. In short, it appears the ship parts weapons production is affecting the ship parts production runs.

Hope this helps,
Thufar

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 23:47

I'm just getting my feet wet with NF. I have it, Lost Sectors and the NF Lost Sectors compatibility enabled. It seems to me as if the pirate factions in e.g. Source of Darkness are spawning ships and are generally exhibiting vanilla behavior. But since I'm very new to this mod, maybe I'm missing something. Is that just how they behave or?..

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 08:26

Thufar wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 23:03
Additionally, completion of this stage introduced an additional ware, the plasma flow regulators
the productionmodule of this production-step is a Weaponpart production, but they "only" assamble Shipparts with reccources Weaponparts - anyway, plasmaflowregulators should be required by all commonwealth production lines that produce shipparts

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 15:19

When/if I restore a wreck with my Ayosana, I do not rearm it, and sell it to a faction shipyard, what happens to it?

1) Do I presume correctly that it gets used by that faction?
2) Does that faction rearm it with weapons before use? or at least at some point?
3) If I crew the ship with a captain only, will the purchasing faction give it an engineer and defense officer?

Thanks,
Thufar

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 15:37

actually the ship should start any work for the new owner faction (if the faction is Corp or not, crew will added anyway)
SY-Stuff like upgrade/repair/rearming is player only PITA - NPC can't do it
it may possible to simply script-(re)upgrade the ship, but this will not effect any payment or ressource-consumation :gruebel:

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 16:54

So Imma try to summarize the problems/questions:
  • Shippart/weaponpart production (what is the status anyway?)
  • Architects mysteriously rebuilding from completed phases
  • Sending architects to incomplete stations that was building its A0 phase but got its CV destroyed
  • Option to strip down weapons of capital ships
I'm making this list so we can try to keep track of the things happening while we are away.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 17:01

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 16:54
  • Shippart/weaponpart production (what is the status anyway?) Chaotic - mostly unchanges in lack of better ideas
  • Architects mysteriously rebuilding from completed phases only solution is actually, not disconnect CVs
  • Sending architects to incomplete stations that was building its A0 phase but got its CV destroyed (NPC)Testing / (Player) ??
  • Option to strip down weapons of capital ships no plan about, i think this an "simple" UI limit - maybe any shiprecycle mod may solve this wish

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:25

Marvin Martian wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 08:26
Thufar wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 23:03
Additionally, completion of this stage introduced an additional ware, the plasma flow regulators
the productionmodule of this production-step is a Weaponpart production, but they "only" assamble Shipparts with reccources Weaponparts - anyway, plasmaflowregulators should be required by all commonwealth production lines that produce shipparts
@Marvin I did some quick calculations to see how many plasma flow regulators I have to produce to keep my shippart production alive and the results seem a bit high to me.

In Albion each Civ Ship Parts Lot has 2 weaponpart and 4 shippart productions.

The weaponparts productions will have 32.72 assemble cycles every hour consuming 5 flow regulators with each one.
The shippart productions will have 3.91 assemble and default cycles every hour consuming 5 or 3 flow regulators each.

In total that means a single Civ Ship Parts Lot consumes 452.32 plasma flow regulators every hour.

A single Ship Tech Fab has 2 productions for plasma flow regulators each producing 40/h so 80/h in total.

So to keep a single Civ Ship Parts Lot supplied you'd need 5.65 Ship Tech Fabs which seems a bit high to me.

In my case I have 2 own Civ Ship Parts Lots, the NPC own another 5. They also have 8 Ship Tech Fabs, I have 2.
Looks like I'd need to build another 30 of them for my and the NPCs shippart productions finally to run smoothly :)

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 04:06

I'm sure I'm mixing up what this means:

https://i.imgur.com/5N7zJR7.png

It keeps increasing over time the amount of ships spawned is this suppose to happen?

It was this a day before:
https://i.imgur.com/MmpxArN.png

Then the day before that:
https://i.imgur.com/5FKIf5y.png

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 16:33

Marvin Martian wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 17:01
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 16:54
  • Shippart/weaponpart production (what is the status anyway?) Chaotic - mostly unchanges in lack of better ideas
  • Architects mysteriously rebuilding from completed phases only solution is actually, not disconnect CVs
  • Sending architects to incomplete stations that was building its A0 phase but got its CV destroyed (NPC)Testing / (Player) ??
  • Option to strip down weapons of capital ships no plan about, i think this an "simple" UI limit - maybe any shiprecycle mod may solve this wish
Oh well...

I would like to try again with the Weapon Parts production, this time more carefully.
Hopefully we are able to clear some problems.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 04:30

Sadly the spawned ships keep increasing. Hopefully someone can explain that to me. I had assumed spawned stations / ships only happen at launch and never again.

https://i.imgur.com/BX3DFNQ.png

700 more ships spawned. I really thought they could not do this unless if spawned means buying small/medium ships? But then you think it be built.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:25

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Fri, 19. Oct 18, 16:33
Oh well...

I would like to try again with the Weapon Parts production, this time more carefully.
Hopefully we are able to clear some problems.
Vectorial1024,
That would be much appreciated.
bitvoid wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:25
@Marvin I did some quick calculations to see how many plasma flow regulators I have to produce to keep my shippart production alive and the results seem a bit high to me.

In Albion each Civ Ship Parts Lot has 2 weaponpart and 4 shippart productions.

The weaponparts productions will have 32.72 assemble cycles every hour consuming 5 flow regulators with each one.
The shippart productions will have 3.91 assemble and default cycles every hour consuming 5 or 3 flow regulators each.

In total that means a single Civ Ship Parts Lot consumes 452.32 plasma flow regulators every hour.

A single Ship Tech Fab has 2 productions for plasma flow regulators each producing 40/h so 80/h in total.

So to keep a single Civ Ship Parts Lot supplied you'd need 5.65 Ship Tech Fabs which seems a bit high to me.

In my case I have 2 own Civ Ship Parts Lots, the NPC own another 5. They also have 8 Ship Tech Fabs, I have 2.
Looks like I'd need to build another 30 of them for my and the NPCs shippart productions finally to run smoothly :)
I am afraid it's much worse than that.

In an effort to help, as I have zero programming skills, in my game, the HOA Albion Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Parts) in Gemstone Manufacture has two weapons part production facilities, each consuming 24,840 energy cells and 900 plasma flow regulators to produce 180 ship parts (I presume these are supposed to be weaponsparts) all per hour. The four production runs that produce 12 ship parts (presumably correct) requires a host of different resources of which 12 plasma flow regulators are required per hour (this consumption seems more correct). That's 1,848 per hour for this one station. No wonder there's hardly any plasma flow regulators in my X-verse.

Stranger is the Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Parts) I built has 3 - 180 production runs and 3 - 12 production runs.

And stranger yet is... while looking at a HOA Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) in Gemstone Manufacture at the production run of the 12 unit runs, I paused the game to go do something in real life. When I came back to play again and escaped to Station Menu, now it says 4-180 Ship Part runs, 1-12 and 1-16. To summarize, this station went from 2-180 and 4-12 production runs to 4-180, 1-12 and 1-16 production runs ( presumably as a result of a production run completion).

It seems the variable production runs of the template Civ Ship Parts Lot has transferred to the Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) station. It seems to me the fixed production facilities of most stations need to be implemented.

And while I was editing this post (in preview), this HOA Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) in Gemstone Manufacture received a delivery of plasma flow regulators. With the resumption of production, the Station Menu reverted to 2-200 Ship Part (Weapons), 3-12 Ship Part and 1-16 Ship Part, with the two weapons parts production runs requiring varying resources depending on which production run you viewed, each changing each time I viewed them. When I looked at the Ship Part (Weapons) production runs, they changed to display "Ship parts".

Hope this helps,
Thufar

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:27

Kane Hart wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 04:30
Sadly the spawned ships keep increasing. Hopefully someone can explain that to me. I had assumed spawned stations / ships only happen at launch and never again.

700 more ships spawned. I really thought they could not do this unless if spawned means buying small/medium ships? But then you think it be built.
Kane,

How are you getting that information to display?

Thufar

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:30

Thufar wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:27
Kane Hart wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 04:30

Kane,

How are you getting that information to display?

Thufar
It's in the stats window under your personal info :)

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 16:54

Thufar wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 15:25
Vectorial1024,
That would be much appreciated.

Hope this helps,
Thufar
Yeah, there were previous attempts to solve the Ship Part / Weapon Part production problem before, but since we never fully agreed on the exact solution, all we did were patches to the existing production methods (which, IMO, is not good/"clean"). Now things are getting a bit out of control, so Imma try restarting the problem-solving procedure again from scratch.

My aim would be to create an "intermediate" ware that can represent weapons in the game lore. Such ware would be required in all weapon-related matters in the game, ranging from ship weapons to station defences, and optionally military drones too.

To maximize vanilla-friendliness, such ware would have to require approximately the same amount of resources that the original method would require to build those ship weapons etc., and also have approximately the same price per unit with respect to the original wares required, so the economy won't break (like it is now; I often stay around shipyards just to compete with NPCs to place the ship construction orders first. That's really stressful, tbh, and I often end up having significantly more ships than I could manage or use...).
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”