[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vectorial1024
x4

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by Vectorial1024 » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 18:21

Hey there, back again.

Now I want to really point out one thing: shipyards don't ever consume turrets.

Previously I ranted here (my bad) about introducing this "weapon parts" ware, trying to solve the problem that turrets seemingly are not being bought. Now as I look closer, the problem of turrets not being bought is that shipyards mysteriously do not consume turrets at all... (they consume drones, though.)

This, I think, is the true cause why the economy seems to have stalled mid-game.

I am running New Frontiers without the Universal Production component.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 00:39

SY only directly buy ware they need (or expect to need), based on types they can build
intention of WP(Compoments) was that some SY not _need_ some sort of turrets, so they don't have them in stock if an "non regular order" arrive but anyway, i think they will request them at this moment finally

so no, SY not buy turrets only for fun, drones are all added as tradeware, not reccources! but this is vanilla behavior, not depending on NF

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 03:47

Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 00:39
SY only directly buy ware they need (or expect to need), based on types they can build
intention of WP(Compoments) was that some SY not _need_ some sort of turrets, so they don't have them in stock if an "non regular order" arrive but anyway, i think they will request them at this moment finally

so no, SY not buy turrets only for fun, drones are all added as tradeware, not reccources! but this is vanilla behavior, not depending on NF
Thanks for the explanation!

EDIT5: Absolute heresy. Maybe I have found a bug in the vanilla game accidentally.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 12:34

Hey again,

I propose we make some updates on the Architect special building. Mostly, there should be some options for us to delete some unwanted blueprints to get other new blueprints. (Right now, I can have a maximum of 4 blueprints, and those blueprints are not removable.)
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 18:17

in theory you should able to click through all blueprints and select that one you want like always this menue type is use - if it is not working there is any bugfix required

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 13:25

wow Marvin still working on this mod? respect.

How do you feel about X4? Any plans of modding it?

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 18. Jan 19, 04:49

Warnoise wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 13:25
wow Marvin still working on this mod? respect.

How do you feel about X4? Any plans of modding it?
As a matter of fact, this thread for X4 exists:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403357

Not gonna interpret anything myself...
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 14:48

Hi guys,

I have recently started playing with this mod.
I have just captured a capital ship with some construction URVs in its drone bay. However, none of it seems to come out to do the repairs. I've put a captain, an engineer (5 stars) and a defence officer onto the capital ship, and I have checked the drone launch bay is intact (engineer repair option greyed and the drone bay is visible and selectable on the ship).
Also, when talking to a defence officer on a capital ship there is an option called "drones" but there is no option in it. What does it do?

Thank you guys.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 18:00

the drones not come out - in old days you always loose them this way - so the engineer use them without shiny drone dancing

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 20:15

Marvin Martian wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 18:00
the drones not come out - in old days you always loose them this way - so the engineer use them without shiny drone dancing
Thank you for the reply!

So can I understand it as that even though the Construction URVs did not come out physically, and the number in "In use" is 0, their effects and benefits have still been applied, as long as they are equipped by the capital ship?
Also, I notice sometimes the Construction URVs of NPC capital ships do come out and do the repairs though. Is this normal as well?

Thanks!

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 21:22

Also, just wondering what kind of ship is good at OOS in this mod?

I've tried using the Arawn Mk2, which kills everything IS, and can take on multiple Is and Ks simultaneously/consecutively without suffering any hull damage.
But once it's OOS, those ships that were very weak IS, especially Drone Carriers, shreds everything and the Arawn Mk2. When IS, the Dronecarrier K can't deal any damage at all, but once it's OOS, it can finish a full shield/hull Arawn Mk2 in 3 seconds. It's now getting annoying that I always have to jump IS to watch the fight, otherwise a random Dronecarrier K can just finish my whole fleet of cap ships within seconds (sometime I don't even have enough time to jump IS even if I jump immediately after receiving the message from the captain).
Is there a way to counter this so I won't have to jump IS to watch every fight? Or a way to tweak it such that the ships' strength OOS actually matches their strength IS (especially the annoying dronecarrier).

BTW, what do the player cheats "better candidate" and "max skills" do? I've turned them on and it seems the recruit-able NPCs on stations still have similar skills as before, and most NPCs still definitely do not have max skills.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 22:30

use your own dronecarriers (with drones equipt) against dronecarriers or put more drones into your Arawn MKII
OOS the script use drones into DPS calculation, ships with lots of them have high DPS at each attack, IS you can't launch all drones otherwise most computers will quit her job very fast

i think the cheats only effect new recrutes if you change zone and/or make personal at new bought ships better (don't remember right now)

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 09:52

Marvin Martian wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 19, 22:30
use your own dronecarriers (with drones equipt) against dronecarriers or put more drones into your Arawn MKII
OOS the script use drones into DPS calculation, ships with lots of them have high DPS at each attack, IS you can't launch all drones otherwise most computers will quit her job very fast

i think the cheats only effect new recrutes if you change zone and/or make personal at new bought ships better (don't remember right now)
Thanks a lot for the reply. Is there a way to edit the files such that only when OOS only, e.g., 20% of the drones, or first 20 of the drones are used for DPS calculation, such that OOS battles with drones would be similar to IS ones and OOS battles would last longer?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 10:35

isn't possible IMO that way - there is only use drones or not

"maybe" it may possible to set all (beside the number you really want to use for OOS) fight-drones as "in use" and release them afterwards into available state - but i don't know if the script will take care of that small difference

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 10:55

Marvin Martian wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 19, 10:35
isn't possible IMO that way - there is only use drones or not

"maybe" it may possible to set all (beside the number you really want to use for OOS) fight-drones as "in use" and release them afterwards into available state - but i don't know if the script will take care of that small difference
Thanks a lot for the answer.

Is it possible to remove drones from the DPS calculation for OOS then (which files should I look for)?
Also, I've tried using MOCT with TNF (are they compatible?).

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 22:00

Thanks a lot Marvin, you are awesome!

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Wed, 1. May 19, 08:12

Hi Marvin,

Not sure if it is only me but I think I have encountered some problem with mining ships assigned to warehouses. Somehow the mining ships assigned to warehouses will never actually mine, but will be stuck in "Free mining - calculating parameters" forever, whereas mining ships assigned to other stations would work.

This is the section of debug log that I think might be relevant:

Code: Select all

[General] 143851.07 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: $tempware
* Expression: not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target gt $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.count and $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.count gt $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target * 0.1f
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: $homebase.cargo.{null}
* $homebase == component.{0x4e61L} (name='Warehouse I', class=station)
* Expression: not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target gt $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.count and $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.count gt $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target * 0.1f
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: $tempware
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: $homebase.cargo.{null}
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 [].random: Empty list
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: $shoppinglist.random
* Expression: $shoppinglist.random
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: this.ship.cargo.{null}
* this.ship == component.{0x4cd3L} (name='ZMineL GSequana B 02X', class=ship_l)
* Expression: [this.ship.cargo.{$ware}.free, $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.count].min
* Expression: [this.ship.cargo.{$ware}.free, $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.count].min
I'm using Improved Logs and warehouseminersfix, which seem to also change mining.ship.station, but for testing purposes I have had them removed. The problem persists using only TNF.

However, if I delete mining.ship.station.xml in nf_base, the mining ships assigned to warehouses would work again. So I suppose the issue might be due to TNF.
Is there a way to fix this? Thanks a lot!

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 1. May 19, 08:49

you can try to to replace $tempware with $tradewares.{$i}

the line should look like

<replace sel="//do_if[@value='not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}}']/@value">not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target gt $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.count and ($homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.count) gt ($homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target * 0.1f)</replace>

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Wed, 1. May 19, 12:54

Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 1. May 19, 08:49
you can try to to replace $tempware with $tradewares.{$i}

the line should look like

<replace sel="//do_if[@value='not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}}']/@value">not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target gt $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.count and ($homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.count) gt ($homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target * 0.1f)</replace>
Thanks a lot! This fixes it.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”