[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jocan2003
x4

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 01:20

There is an option to turn off ware consumption on shipyard so faction can build them with cash only, helps with that ware problem, also allows for the trading player to just crank up produxtion on those ship parts.

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 01:46

thats not it , shipyards are full just ships stuck in it cos no captain

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 13:30

i havent had that bug for a very long time

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 15:36

Is anyone running YAT with this mod with success?

Regads,
Thufar

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 15:48

I am and it seem to work okay

conquestor
x3ap

Post by conquestor » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 16:48

1 thing's kind of strange. If I use an Albion CV to hire a fast contractor, once they finish/sell it to me, if I attach my CV to the station, they automatically try and rebuild the first level of a random section. For example, a contractor completely built an Argnu paradise (All extensions), and my CV's trying to build argnu paradise 1, when 2 and up are finished as well. I was able to repeat it on an energy array, and my CV is trying to build defense 1 despite defense 2 being completed.

I'm a few versions out of date, is this the bug fixed on Sep 18, 2018?

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 17:26

Yeah same here ataching meant having a random part resetting to 0.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 00:11

Is the wallet / empire info stored live or do you run a script once and a while to grab the data? I know it only shows in the log once and a while. Just wondering what the chances would be for a special menu to see live or near live stats? Would be quite cool I think. It's a RPG after all I think it be fun to see it on it's own screen if possible :)

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 05:04

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere before, or if I'm just missing something. But I tried out that Xenon start, but the stations are populated with NPCs I can't trade with. The only ones I can trade with are the ship sellers.

Is this something that gets sorted out over time? Or am I just missing something entirely?

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 02:22

Is there any readme of what mod actually includes as of now ?

For example in initial post or github there is no any mention about new ships like Terranis mk2 or other ships.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 03:08

Perkel wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 02:22
Is there any readme of what mod actually includes as of now ?

For example in initial post or github there is no any mention about new ships like Terranis mk2 or other ships.
Besides the wiki that has a fraction of the info then no:
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... w+Frontier

I had no clue wallets were in. The wiki, github and this main page does not tell you their in... This entire front page talks about a mod coming soon. Honestly I ignored this for the longest time. The only reason I looked into it was someone else mentioned it outside of this thread.

It kind of sucks when you got this amazing mod but 99% of it misses info :P

Like my game is lagging a lot I found I wanted to tone down stuff that you could in the other mod but I guess this one has no config outside the police chief so I went with easy but still quite CPU Taxing. There is like 8+ Stations in each area I lag like crazy and their not well spread out.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 14:54

Marvin,

Bringing to your attention...

1) The two TER Civ Ship Parts Lot (Ship Part) in HOL West Gate District 05, both I and II, I believe are not set up correctly. In my game (newest release) neither are producing Ship Parts (weapons). Also, some production modules only require EC and Plasma Flow Regulators as primary resources, while other production modules require a whole host of primary resources. So jar, this is all the Ship Part production facilities my Business Center allows me to see.

2) I have a couple Ayosana ships loaded with construction drones. I also have a Paladin with severely damaged engines. I order the Ayosana to repair the Paladin (Hail, More(5), Salvage Ship (3), and select the Paladin) and the Paladin is ordered to dock with the Ayosana. It seems to me the Ayosana (fully working ship that I gave orders to) should fly to the Paladin, not the other way around.

3) When my Ayosanas finish restoring a wrecked ship, the engineer of the Ayosana keeps on repairing the wrecked ship even though the ship is repaired and moved out of the zone and I've contacted the Ayosana captain and asked him to follow me. I have to comm the engineer, Repair Selection, all selections greyed out and select Back (6) to get him to concentrate on the Ayosana again. Seems like that should be automatic.

Regards,
Thufar

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 15:04

1) i need to check, at later builds one sort of Production should use Weaponparts to construct Shipparts (intendet to lower unwanted Weapon-parts)

2) if you gave collect order the ship decide based on condition (exists Pilot/Engines) of the collecting target to collect or gave the target an dockorder, maybe this need to adjusted based on speed of both ships

3) repairselection isn't extended to docked ships yet, this effects only the mainship - the Engineer should select priority objects anyway

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 15:48

Marvin Martian wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 15:04
1) i need to check, at later builds one sort of Production should use Weaponparts to construct Shipparts (intendet to lower unwanted Weapon-parts)

2) if you gave collect order the ship decide based on condition (exists Pilot/Engines) of the collecting target to collect or gave the target an dockorder, maybe this need to adjusted based on speed of both ships

3) repairselection isn't extended to docked ships yet, this effects only the mainship - the Engineer should select priority objects anyway
1) Weapon Parts are a secondary resource, so although they may not be "needed", they are preferable to have if they do in fact speed up production of ship parts.
2) Ah, so the problem was I gave the target ship a crew. I think you are onto something with regard to be speed of both ships though.
3) Oh, it is good to know that a) the repair selection isn't extended to repairing ships, and b) I like the word "yet."

Regards,
Thufar

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 05:03

Hey all, I played X-Rebirth back when the first DLC came out (Teladi Outpost) and only got about 40 hours in before something else grabbed my attention. I'm going to be trying another playthrough and want to give NF a try.

I was wondering if anyone had some suggested mods to go along with this? I've already grabbed the new areas (LostSectors, Herschels Gift, Extinguished Hope, Prosper Devries, and Vacana Ltd. Ships / Paladin Destroyer).

Does Show Skills work? Do I need it?

Which version of the Capital Ship Bridge should I get? Capital Ship Bridge - 4.30 + or Capital Ship Bridge With New Charts - XRB 4.30 +

I've tried searching through the thread, but there are a LOT of posts xD I appreciate any help/input!
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 08:23

i assume should both same level only different layouts and CSB is almost compatible to NF
in this new Version of Forum you can search the actual thread only with the searchfield on top of the thread ;)

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 14:56

Hektos wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 05:03
Hey all, I played X-Rebirth back when the first DLC came out (Teladi Outpost) and only got about 40 hours in before something else grabbed my attention. I'm going to be trying another playthrough and want to give NF a try.

I was wondering if anyone had some suggested mods to go along with this? I've already grabbed the new areas (LostSectors, Herschels Gift, Extinguished Hope, Prosper Devries, and Vacana Ltd. Ships / Paladin Destroyer).

Does Show Skills work? Do I need it?

Which version of the Capital Ship Bridge should I get? Capital Ship Bridge - 4.30 + or Capital Ship Bridge With New Charts - XRB 4.30 +

I've tried searching through the thread, but there are a LOT of posts xD I appreciate any help/input!

Honestly the mods you had grabbed suggested by the new frontier is going be too much in the end and lag you a LOT. I don't see many people bring it up but I did some testing and their taxing to add with NF.

That being said grab the "with new charts" for the bridge mod it really just fixes some maps that were not there and such.

Show Skills mod works for me just fine I have it installed.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 16:44

Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 08:23
i assume should both same level only different layouts and CSB is almost compatible to NF
in this new Version of Forum you can search the actual thread only with the searchfield on top of the thread ;)
Thanks! I don't know how I missed that handy little function :P I'll do a little more searching.
Kane Hart wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 14:56
Honestly the mods you had grabbed suggested by the new frontier is going be too much in the end and lag you a LOT. I don't see many people bring it up but I did some testing and their taxing to add with NF.

That being said grab the "with new charts" for the bridge mod it really just fixes some maps that were not there and such.

That is sad to hear as they look like cool areas. I looked back, saw your test results, and noticed you were getting well over 60 fps, which doesn't seem terrible :P It does seem the game is CPU limited. Could I ask what CPU you have?

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 20:03

Hektos wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 16:44
Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 08:23
Thanks! I don't know how I missed that handy little function :P I'll do a little more searching.
Kane Hart wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 14:56

That is sad to hear as they look like cool areas. I looked back, saw your test results, and noticed you were getting well over 60 fps, which doesn't seem terrible :P It does seem the game is CPU limited. Could I ask what CPU you have?
4770k at 4ghz. The issue here is they expand as time goes on. So 12 hours 100 hours etc there will be more stations / ships.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 22:44

Kane Hart wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 20:03
4770k at 4ghz. The issue here is they expand as time goes on. So 12 hours 100 hours etc there will be more stations / ships.
My cpu is a bit stronger, so maybe I'll just wing it and see how things go xD

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”