[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 16:17

spccasey wrote:Is anybody else having problems were your produced Ship parts wont be deliver to own Shipyard? For some reason, they only keep like 15 ship parts in the inventory at the shipyard and wont allow anymore unless it gets below 10 ship parts. I look at my stations that produces ship parts and they have like 130+ ship parts in inventory. Then I set the trading ship parts to other factions to no. They still wont take any to the shipyard. If they do, its usually the amount to bring my SY inventory to 15. My storage at the SY for SP Is set to 800. How can I get my SY to allow more than 15 Ship parts without me manually transferring wares to it?
I had the same problem.
I solved it by taking all the freighters from the URV factory and assigning them to the shipyard and the shippart factory

Seems that the URV factory had always bought faster than the shipyard, now it is supplied directly from the parts production and the shipyard buys even the threatened ones from the URV factory.

i thing the problem is, that the shipyard prior bying drohnes ..
have 3 Sahaner MK2 on it.. and all flying around to by drohnes.. and noone want bying shipparts..
-------------------
has anyone an tip for a ship that can fight a station IS ?
InSector goes nothing at my game...
if i want to destroy or board a factory i must go OOS to let it shoot down and go back IS if hull under 35% to board it...
(if i give the board command OOS the Troops flying away from the station and not to the station :shock: )
If im Stay inside the zone the ships only shot a little bit and then .. nothing..
Trying with Arwan, ArwanMK2, FulmecronMK2 .. and the 203 mio wrecking ship... nothing works IS to shoot down an station :roll:
Boarding works with an Arwan MK2.. but this ugly ship ^^ realese the Troopers often 20km from the station away..
-
How can i transfer the 400 Troopers to another ship ?
50 Ppl Steps other the skunk or is there a faster way?
X:Rebirth: Zitat aus den Patchnotes 118
..A Whole Series Of Connected Problems ..
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 16:43

I assigned 3 freight ships to both my SY. Man they still not stocking up on ship parts. They get the ship weapons, but not the ship parts. I looked in one of my ship Inventory and seen 10 ship parts it was carrying to the Ship Yard. When I went to trade offers tab, I looked at buy or for the SY. They ordered 15 SP. It's always like this. The manager even has 83 mil in the wallet.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 17:50

Timianer wrote:
spccasey wrote:Is anybody else having problems were your produced Ship parts wont be deliver to own Shipyard? For some reason, they only keep like 15 ship parts in the inventory at the shipyard and wont allow anymore unless it gets below 10 ship parts. I look at my stations that produces ship parts and they have like 130+ ship parts in inventory. Then I set the trading ship parts to other factions to no. They still wont take any to the shipyard. If they do, its usually the amount to bring my SY inventory to 15. My storage at the SY for SP Is set to 800. How can I get my SY to allow more than 15 Ship parts without me manually transferring wares to it?
I had the same problem.
I solved it by taking all the freighters from the URV factory and assigning them to the shipyard and the shippart factory

Seems that the URV factory had always bought faster than the shipyard, now it is supplied directly from the parts production and the shipyard buys even the threatened ones from the URV factory.

i thing the problem is, that the shipyard prior bying drohnes ..
have 3 Sahaner MK2 on it.. and all flying around to by drohnes.. and noone want bying shipparts..
-------------------
has anyone an tip for a ship that can fight a station IS ?
InSector goes nothing at my game...
if i want to destroy or board a factory i must go OOS to let it shoot down and go back IS if hull under 35% to board it...
(if i give the board command OOS the Troops flying away from the station and not to the station :shock: )
If im Stay inside the zone the ships only shot a little bit and then .. nothing..
Trying with Arwan, ArwanMK2, FulmecronMK2 .. and the 203 mio wrecking ship... nothing works IS to shoot down an station :roll:
Boarding works with an Arwan MK2.. but this ugly ship ^^ realese the Troopers often 20km from the station away..
-
How can i transfer the 400 Troopers to another ship ?
Boarding is the best way to take over/get rid of a hostile station. My set up:

vs station:
1 Simakron with 100 marines in squad.
3-4 K dronecarriers each with 200 marines, all subordinate to the Simakron.
Marine officer on board of Simakron.
Optionally, I have another squad (3-4 fast ships) with no marines on board. They are used to attack whatever surface elemenst Yisha wants me to take down during boarding (because the boarding ships fly away after delivering their payload).

vs Ships:
All 4 ships in my squad, marine officer onboard Skunk.

Depending on the station, your boarding strength should be 600-1500 for ships (depending on the BS), and around 2000 for stations. (Some like the Xenon Matrix 2 (Xenon shipyard) require 3000 BA to board.

If you only want to destroy a station, just board it, then sell it through Diplomacy. I have a,few stations I want to destroy, but don't know how to. LOL!

Hope this helps,

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 10:09

Timianer wrote:How can i transfer the 400 Troopers to another ship ?
i think if you talk to a MarineO placed on new target ship, it should be possible to transfer directly from followers to MO-ship, otherwise over "Reserve" should be a faster option too

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 13:28

thx i will try it.
Must here be an second Marine Officer on the ship im want to trasfer the marines ?
and yes i have also stations that im want to destroy or sell (some outposts) but no way ^^
---------
@spccasey
i hope you have blocked shipparts for NPCs on your Shippard producktion
NPCs buying also for max price.. they all yearn for it.
and
check the sell and the buying prices at your stations.
if your urv station buy's all of your production take the buying prices down and the price on shippyard up.
or set both prices , URV and Shipyard to absolut the same.

by the way.. the Xenon Shippard production pruduces realy slow.
im must build 3 of this things to feed one URV and one shippyard .
2 are completly NPC blocked and on is open for all as an "reserve" for my buying ships and money making.
-----------
@ MM
i have viewed in the maps universe file.
is this correct that there are mostly 3 buildspots for players and 4 for NPCs per zone ?
that means, that ... if an npc faction build 4 stations in my ownend zones they can ever overtake it ?
hmm..
and 2.
buying and selling stations is.. there a bug ?
i thing.. if i want to buy a station from an other faction the drohnes, rockets, cargo and police ships count to the price...
if im sell the same station its not count... so its result..
im buying an .. maybe Solar Factory for 380 mio and can sell it to the same faction for... 33 mio ? ^^ hahahahaha
realy baaaaadddd business ^^
the whole universe thinks .. Ren Otani is an idiot ^^
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 14:01

you may take the MO with you (IMHO)

trade spaces or stations is not really balanced* - primary variable at prices is your "strenght" (as far i remember) if you deal with a huge faction you pay much get less, but that also at changed situation so don't cry much about - if someone notice thats a possible exploit to print money - meh, don't use it!!!

*) ohterwise you able to buy everyone out of space (ok that still possible), in real conditions you won't get anything bought, only crap the other faction won't any longer - but this can programm someone have time to make missions and calculating profit of zones/stations

about Xenon Shippart - i add recently a Xenon Complex that combine a couple of productions in one Station, but you need to grab all Blueprints from the Portal and Shippart-productions to get this Blueprint

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 18:48

Timianer wrote: @ MM
i have viewed in the maps universe file.
is this correct that there are mostly 3 buildspots for players and 4 for NPCs per zone ?
that means, that ... if an npc faction build 4 stations in my ownend zones they can ever overtake it ?
hmm..
Building Overwatch and Outpost counts as a new player station, without consuming a buildspot. In other words, you can build unlimited number of stations provided you have the credits for them!!!! :-)

Hope this helps!!!!

NB: I ran into the same bug as you re: The Pirate shipyard in Epsilon Lowland (UI hangs when accessing some properties of the shipyard - like the production screen - and that makes the Shipyard useless). I ended up boarding it, then sell it to HOA. Thus, I have wiped out the last station owned by SS.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 23:16

Outpost/Overwatch are already higher Rated stations

NPC are still using also player buildspots, on the other Hand, of you send the architect to a Zone, not to a buildspot- the CV will grab any free available Buildspot, not important if this is Player or NPC

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Fri, 22. Jun 18, 09:42

Marvin Martian wrote:Outpost/Overwatch are already higher Rated stations

NPC are still using also player buildspots, on the other Hand, of you send the architect to a Zone, not to a buildspot- the CV will grab any free available Buildspot, not important if this is Player or NPC
hmm no this isnt so i think
i im trying to build a 4 station over Architekt in "Dämmerwache".
becomes an error message "there are no valid buildspots"

after a while comes AEC and build an station in my space ^^
hmm.. but was an old version of the mod.. maybe is that now so .
----------
@TH
yes im also sell the bugged shippard/shipyard combo station to HOL..
but seems that they aslo not realy becom this station to work..
the stations build no new ships.. im selling it out.. hmm
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 22. Jun 18, 10:13

you are right, here contractor service may a way to build at NPCspots, will add the option to take npclocations in upcomming build

---

i can't see any UI problem with pirate smallshipyard - all of them changed into "optional" Shipyard - so Shipproduction will be added buy an extra buildstep - so in case you can use them only as an hightech production if you build it step by step and not build Shipproductions
Bacause sadly actually you can't disable production and the shipyard will drop all build ships automaticly (this is an Engine-mechanic that can't modded it seems)
anyway, i don't think it is depending, but i use Improved Object Menu

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 02:02

Marvin Martian wrote:you are right, here contractor service may a way to build at NPCspots, will add the option to take npclocations in upcomming build

---

i can't see any UI problem with pirate smallshipyard - all of them changed into "optional" Shipyard - so Shipproduction will be added buy an extra buildstep - so in case you can use them only as an hightech production if you build it step by step and not build Shipproductions
Bacause sadly actually you can't disable production and the shipyard will drop all build ships automaticly (this is an Engine-mechanic that can't modded it seems)
anyway, i don't think it is depending, but i use Improved Object Menu
I did not try to build it. I am talking about after boarding it, accessing the property sheet for the shipyard production hangs the UI. (I think it also hangs even before boarding it).

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 09:29

yes. the shippard/shipyard factory in "Epsylonebenen" from SUW has the ui problem after boarding.
(Maybe also bevor boarding, but its to late to test it . And also have the UI problem after repairing and selling to another faction)
--
but im have also good news.
Im switching to the newset version yesterday and..
My Bigships fight against Stations :D
2 ArwanMK2 and a Remacron shoots down the stations now realy good..
im must call them back now to me before they don't leave anything for boarding ^^
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 16:06

Sorry haven't been around. Will need to get caught up with everything so that I can do some work on the mod.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 21:12

@Marvin Martian,

I have a petition to make:

Can you implement an option with the police chief such that the player can just talk (talk, not the !@#$% smalltalk) to NPC on the player stations and have their skills revealed?

The reason is that it is now impossible for me to complete the level 2 small talk in order to get the training book because the FPS is low, and even in zones with high FPS, those hickups during smalltalk just killed it.. I must have hired and fired a 100 captains looking for a single captain with 5* in Navigation (so that (s) he can jump directly to a zone instead of slow moving from zones to zones in Toride, which would kill the ships) - to no avail.

[EDIT] Never mind, I can use Show Skills mod, but I would much prefer the way it is in CWIR!!!!! However, after going through 3 zones, and using ShowSkills, I discover that the chance of getting a Captain with 5* Nav is almost zeros (none found after 3 zones with about 60 captains).

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 09:18

I think we can add an Option to Show Skills and have also good Personal available at owned stations

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 10:35

yea make this, then can i disable the show skills mod ^^
------

now.. after playing my third game round 3 weeks im seeing the biggest balancing problem.
the xenon stations cost far far too little , and they build only 3 or 4 types of stations.
xenon station for shipparts.. xenon knots for shipparts ,xenon knots for weapon shipparts and a shipyard and Drohnes production
evry of these stations costs only a hanfull shild generators
im seeing a vew zones with nothing other then xenon knotes ...
alone in "Mahlstrom" .. maybe 20 of them..

the xenon produces for almost 0 money.. with this knotes and the ACME fills their stations with goods if they don't send around their mining k's themselves.
In one sector are 2 ACME Mining Fulmecrons docked on an xenon station and 7 are waiting to dock... :roll:
in the other way ACME buys the xenon drohnes and sell them to the rest of the galaxy (i think so)

So ACME does nothing then transfering the money from all Factions to the xenon
the end of this is, that :
Xenon 488 Mrd (or billion)
AR 33 Mrd
JSS 12Mrd
PMC 16 Mrd
HoA 6 Mrd
Split 3 mio left.. only 2 ships (i must spend them ships.. so that they dont get under..^^ and clean ther secors out from xenons...ggrrrr)
and so long..

thats a realy balancing problem...
where other factions must build 15 stations for maybe 700 - 1mrd to became a shipyard and drohnes circle to run, can the xenon do this with less then 100 mio
in fact 2 they produce soo many shipparts with the help from ACME
they can buid their fighting ships nonstop with almost 0 costs.
-----------
i by myself have 5 shippart productions..
in 2 days im having 1mrd only from selling shipparts ...
not worth to think about how fast all factions are broke, except me and the xenon if this goes on at this rate and im build 10 more ^^

no no no.. there must be a way to make the shippart production more complex for the xenon.. and more expensive so that they dont buy out all other factions with the help from ACME.
not only one in all stations..
more expensive stations, more ressources to build stations so that they must pay and not only generate money.
this brakes completly the balance of the game after a while of playing.
----
you see the split in the list ?
no wonder that they go under..... there raptors and pythons are absolutley too weak and too expensive to stay near xenon with ther 22mio hull I's ^^
maybe you also change here a little bit

this is a devolpment thread so I like to pass my experiences on to you developers^^
thank you modders for reading :)
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 25. Jun 18, 02:28

@Timianer

Sorry to disagree. The Xenons are machine, and despite their better production, I beat them with the brain!!!! :-)

In my game, they have been pushed out of Home of Light, and I am working on pushing them out of Toride and Omicron Lyrae

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 25. Jun 18, 13:50

@Timianer
can you provide an Savegame of this run, please?
This would be very helpfull to have something from late game, as far i always under testing conditions and so my game does not grow more then a day

the Shippart-ware was the idea to make everything more compatible and speed up Shipproduction, where normally productions hang at a single hightech good
this also should allow to adjust the cash cow from SY-owner to part-production-owner

i don't know why this should a balancing problem when Xenon are a strong enemy, they should be a threat not anything you can bully

@VincentTH
there is no problem at my game to open detailmenue of this station, not at original owner, or when i build it by myself
a Save from your game my helpfull in this case too - thanks

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 25. Jun 18, 17:06

Marvin Martian wrote:@Timianer
can you provide an Savegame of this run, please?
This would be very helpfull to have something from late game, as far i always under testing conditions and so my game does not grow more then a day

the Shippart-ware was the idea to make everything more compatible and speed up Shipproduction, where normally productions hang at a single hightech good
this also should allow to adjust the cash cow from SY-owner to part-production-owner

i don't know why this should a balancing problem when Xenon are a strong enemy, they should be a threat not anything you can bully

@VincentTH
there is no problem at my game to open detailmenue of this station, not at original owner, or when i build it by myself
a Save from your game my helpfull in this case too - thanks
OK, I have another case where bringing up the production screen hangs the game (for a few minutes), this time a Xenon Staton in OL.

Basically, I think how it happened:

Board and capture a station. Screen shows that all production are broken, and engineer fixes it up.
After a while production entry is up. However, clicking the button hangs the GUI.

I will find the save games and upload it.

Right after capture, production button not shown

After a while, production button is shown, but clicking it hangs the GUI (but it will time out)

I believe the only mods I have (other than NF) is the ShowSkill mod, and the Laser Swap mod by "pref".

The station in question is in OL:Solitude

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Tue, 26. Jun 18, 10:59

hmm im also have the "show Skills" mod and the UI problem on this station.

same case.. shoot it down so that hte productions are destroyed and repair it tru an techni.
-------
Found a temporary fix . Alt+Tab out of the game and re tab in seems to close the invisible UI.. so are not hours of gaming lost, if this bug comes and you havent a actual save.
-------------
@ MM
Actual save im dosent have from the overpowered xenon ^^
last 2 days im run with 3 ArwanMk2 and a Remocron true Mahlstrom and HoL and destroy all xenon ships and stations on my way.

Mahlsrom is now completley cleaned and the rest of xenon stations is selled to AR and RYK.
If im directly boarding for an other faction its ignores, that this faction havent enough money so im try to make RYK great again ^^

it also works absolut fine to place an Defence station to the gate to Torride - Mahlstrom inside the KV place and add 2 Arwan mk2 to it..
it kills evry xenon that comes to this gate.. also if they are cloaked..
-------------------------------------------------------------
in one word
if you have enough money to buy round 10 Arwan MK2 to add them to the defece stations .. and 2 or 3 Defence stations at the gates (hoL, Mahlstrom-TOR and maybe one in Froststar gate)they take all the xenon ships alone out that leave TOR sector. Thats the way what im Doing, bevor wipe the rest out of HoL and Mahlstrom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
@MM 2
im boarding a Xenon URV station in Mahlstrom
(before im going to take out the rest of the xenon from mahlstrom and HoL)
after repairing of this station the Manager wants 488 Mrd to work :D
(if im remember right, the money that the xenon have befor)
i think this was also an bug..
after im destroying this station with the Destroy and Recycle Mod.. the xenon only have 43 Mrd left.... i think the "normal" money, that the xonon shuld have..
Was this the xenon mony bunker ? ^^
Maybe was the 488 MRD that xenon overall have bevor im destroing this station a bug .. and comes from ths station ?!
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”