[App]X Rebirth Interactive Map (XRIM) (UPDATE v0.8.2 is now LIVE!!!)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Woud you want Multyplayer Meetings in XRIM? (Up to 10 players by player host server)

Hm. interesting, Yes
47%
Thanks, no.
19%
MultyPlayer O_o????
34%

Total votes: 32

YOYOMAN_MODDER
x4

[App]X Rebirth Interactive Map (XRIM) (UPDATE v0.8.2 is now LIVE!!!)

Post by YOYOMAN_MODDER » Wed, 11. May 16, 15:44

Hello! this is my program Interactive 3D map of X Rebirth on Unreal Engine 4

This application allows you to enjoy X Rebirth Map without entering the game itself with excellent visual and sound-effects and the soundtrack of game. Of course everything developed manually and the application is not connected directly to the game. Additionally, you can go to a forum of my community (http://x-rebirth.x3tc.net), this Egosoft forum or open the Manual X Rebirth by boojum (http://x3bc.do.am/ships.html

Official XRIM Project Status avalaible on Trello

MODES & LOCATIONS
  • Galaxy - view Galaxy Map.
    System - view System Map.(avalaible in 0.6 beta)
    Sector - view Sector Map. (avalaible in 0.8 beta)
    Zone - view Zone Map.(Unavalaible in beta version)
FEATURES
  • Smooth Camera orbit with autocentering (Autoroll aligning to Ecliptic virtual plane).
    Camera Zoom
    Camera Shift (Galaxy,System,Sector modes)
    Ingame Soundtrack of X Rebirth (11 random playing tracks)
    Object highlighting on cursor over object.
    Gate connection Map (by pressing button)
    Starsystem design at Stars))
    Sector view
    You can view inside Startsystem, sectors rendering at holographic spheres.
    Current Starsystem Drone name.
    current Platform and local date and time.
    User profile Name.
    Loadingsceen and X Rebirth mouse cursors.
    Embebed internet-brouser for forums.
    Bot-Assistant - Alice.
    Intorvideos - skipable after 2 seconds.
    Comfortable Instaler for instaling, unistaling and updating
    Personal new icon designed by KrYcHokE (XRIM Dev team Designer)
    Multylanguage localization System: ENG/RU/GER switching in LoginScreen or Settings.
    Autosave Settings System.
    UI Customization (Color and Material Opacity)
    Double-Click direct Jump to System/Sector (Thanks to ianrobo75 for this super idea)
    Quick Zone info widget (hover zone by mouse cursor)
    Quick Sector info widget (hover sector by mouse cursor)
    DX10/DX11 SM5.
    Unreal Engine 4.12.5
VIDEO
THANKS TO spamjam who makes this nice videos^^:

English
German

SCREENSHOTS

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Intel/AMD 4 cores 2.7 Ghz or higher CPU
    4 Gb or more RAM
    NVidia GeForce 450GTS GPU with DX10/DX11 SM5, 1 Gb VRAM/ATI Radeon GPU or higher.
    507 Mb HDD Space.
    OS Windows Win64 (bulded and work only on 64 bit Windows! instaler too)
    C++ Redist 2005-2015.
    Internet Connection for embebed browser.
CONTROLS
  • Left Mouse - select object.
    Right Mouse - Camera orbit.
    R key - Camera reset.
    G key - Gatemap (On Galaxy Map only!).
    H - ON/OFF Help menu.
    Tab - Open HUB menu.
    W/A/S/D - Camera Shift to another locatiion
    Q- ON/OFF Alice bot.
    SPACEBAR - UI Customization Panel
CHANGELOG

0.8.2beta Current version! You must have v0.8.1 to use patch!
0.8.1beta You must have v0.8 to use patch!
0.8 beta
0.7.2 beta (Momolitic version no patch fo 0.7 all music files shorted, accoding to Egosoft)
0.7.1 beta
0.7 beta
0.6 beta
Second build 0.5 alpha.
First build 0.5 alpha.

DOWNLOADS

XRIM v0.8
UPDATE v0.8.1
UPDATE v0.8.2

FEEDBACK

All questions u can post here or in mesage.) Have fun:)

NOTE: THIS FOR USERS WHO HAVE v0.8 prviosly instaled - You must DELETE old saves (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\XRIM) to avoid sound bugs (all sound setting variables moved to their own configsavefile from graphics) If you are update to 0.8.1 or you DONT NEED THIS ACTION

XRIM Dev Team

-YOYOMAN_MODDER - Programing, Design
-KrYcHokE - X Rebirth Expert ,Major Design, Localization
-EpicLegend (not registered)- IntroVideo
Last edited by YOYOMAN_MODDER on Fri, 16. Sep 16, 20:38, edited 15 times in total.

klecan
x4

Post by klecan » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 12:48

How great is this! Thanks for your work. Hope you keep work. Egosoft look at this man!

YOYOMAN_MODDER
x4

Post by YOYOMAN_MODDER » Wed, 22. Jun 16, 14:00

Thank you!!! I will return to development in short time. I have a big project actualy a game. So i can work on 2 projects but i have small bugs with new unstable UE4 4.12.3 release. it will be tricky.) The sector view is not hard)

YOYOMAN_MODDER
x4

Help

Post by YOYOMAN_MODDER » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 13:59

ATTENTION!!!
I need HELP with huge sector map design = 24.
If you can and want help me plz send PM for details

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 29. Jun 16, 01:20

:thumb_up:

Nice .....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

YOYOMAN_MODDER
x4

Post by YOYOMAN_MODDER » Sun, 3. Jul 16, 20:43

ATTENTION!!!
I need HELP with huge sector map design = 17.
If you can and want help me plz send PM for details

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 30. Jul 16, 12:55

The views are really impressive, well done! :)

YOYOMAN_MODDER
x4

Post by YOYOMAN_MODDER » Sat, 30. Jul 16, 15:35

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:The views are really impressive, well done! :)

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 09:44

Please keep developing this it's great. It's so much easier to understand the connections, being able to move around in 3D.

Some things I would like to see (I'm using 0.7.2 beta):
1. A windowed version.
2. Get rid of the annoying noisy background to the top menu bars and popups.
3. Ability to zoom in and out a little. [Edit: I've just found you can do this a little with mouse scroll. However, It zooms way too slowly and not nearly enough out).
4. Ability to rotate the camera (you can move up/down/left/right with right mouse button, but can't rotate in the other plane).
5. Double click a galaxy to open that galaxy, i.e. go to the sector view.
6. Instead of 'None' text just hide that text, i.e. ''.
7. Of course the ability to show the zones. Would be great if it could read the game file and display stations etc (big ask I know).

Spelling corrections:
1. Top bar 'Press "Tab" to accses hub' should be 'Press "Tab" to access hub'
2. I see '\n\n' text in the middle of the fields of opportunity galaxy description, I assume these are supposed to be new lines. Same in some system descriptions.
3. SECTOR STUFF - 'Secret Conteiners' should read 'Secret Containers'
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

YOYOMAN_MODDER
x4

Post by YOYOMAN_MODDER » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 17:27

ianrobo75 wrote:Please keep developing this it's great. It's so much easier to understand the connections, being able to move around in 3D.

1. A windowed version.
3. Ability to zoom in and out a little. [Edit: I've just found you can do this a little with mouse scroll. However, It zooms way too slowly and not nearly enough out).
4. Ability to rotate the camera (you can move up/down/left/right with right mouse button, but can't rotate in the other plane).
7. Of course the ability to show the zones. Would be great if it could read the game file and display stations etc (big ask I know).

Spelling corrections:
2. I see '\n\n' text in the middle of the fields of opportunity galaxy description, I assume these are supposed to be new lines. Same in some system descriptions.
Thanks for reply!
Text mistakes will be eliminated)
Galaxy button move you to galaxy imidiatly without back to System. Double click to button or what element? (hah i undestud, you want to warp to galaxy or System by Cilicking to Galaxy/System image) this is will be in Redesign patches)
Now i cant work with game files directly, becourse now i dont understant how create xml parser for egosoft files (module exist in Engine Sources but this project Content only or Blueprint (Node based compiled C++), i beginer in Unreal C++)
None text cant be hides, its part of structure, in 0.8 branch patches we will provide InfoUI Redesign.
New features fall in 0.8 )))
Windowed mode can be enabled in .ini file. I will thing about window mode in Settings.

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 21:33

YOYOMAN_MODDER wrote:
ianrobo75 wrote:Please keep developing this it's great. It's so much easier to understand the connections, being able to move around in 3D.

1. A windowed version.

Spelling corrections:
Thanks for reply!
Text mistakes will be eliminated)
Galaxy button move you to galaxy imidiatly without back to System. Double click to button or what element? (hah i undestud, you want to warp to galaxy or System by Cilicking to Galaxy/System image) this is will be in Redesign patches)
Now i cant work with game files directly, becourse now i dont understant how create xml parser for egosoft files (module exist in Engine Sources but this project Content only or Blueprint (Node based compiled C++), i beginer in Unreal C++)
None text cant be hides, its part of structure, in 0.8 branch patches we will provide InfoUI Redesign.
New features fall in 0.8 )))
Windowed mode can be enabled in .ini file. I will thing about window mode in Settings.
Yes, warp to the system by double-clicking it on the galaxy map.
The button to warp back to the galaxy works fine.

Settings option for window mode would be good.

I Look forward to V0.8
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

YOYOMAN_MODDER
x4

Post by YOYOMAN_MODDER » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 22:44

ianrobo75 wrote:
Yes, warp to the system by double-clicking it on the galaxy map.
The button to warp back to the galaxy works fine.

Settings option for window mode would be good.

I Look forward to V0.8

:) :) :) :)

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Mon, 22. Aug 16, 09:31

V0.8 - nice! Typos corrected as far as I can see. Other items still to do (if you want to of course).

Some suggestions in addition to my previous list.
1. For super-highways show text for the destination of the highway on the map (along side the highway).
2. For super-highways double-click them to go to the zone that the highways connects to.
3. Show Gate connections on the sector maps (again double-click to go to the gate destination).
4. Show icons for zone resources within the spheres for the zone. So ice where there is ice in the zone, silicon where there is silicon in the zone, etc.
5. Show icons for zone stuff within, or perhaps outside of, the spheres for the zones. So a shipyard icon where there is a shipyard, etc.

also, there seems to be no ini file now and I couldn't see where to set window mode, even in the previous version.

YOYOMAN_MODDER
x4

Post by YOYOMAN_MODDER » Mon, 22. Aug 16, 10:21

ianrobo75 wrote:V0.8 - nice! Typos corrected as far as I can see. Other items still to do (if you want to of course).

Some suggestions in addition to my previous list.
1. For super-highways show text for the destination of the highway on the map (along side the highway).
2. For super-highways double-click them to go to the zone that the highways connects to.
3. Show Gate connections on the sector maps (again double-click to go to the gate destination).
4. Show icons for zone resources within the spheres for the zone. So ice where there is ice in the zone, silicon where there is silicon in the zone, etc.
5. Show icons for zone stuff within, or perhaps outside of, the spheres for the zones. So a shipyard icon where there is a shipyard, etc.

also, there seems to be no ini file now and I couldn't see where to set window mode, even in the previous version.
BINGO!
1. interesting and posible.)
2. interesting and posible.)
3. interesting and posible.)
4. wow. This is amaising idea.. Hmm... i can create second 3d widget with quick info of shipyards/resources in zone withresource icons.)) THANK YOU VERY MACH!

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Mon, 22. Aug 16, 10:32

Cool.
Can I get windowed mode though?

YOYOMAN_MODDER
x4

Post by YOYOMAN_MODDER » Mon, 22. Aug 16, 12:38

ianrobo75 wrote:Cool.
for this thing. In UE 4.12.5, all save data located in C/UserName/AppData/XRIM folder i think, the .ini configs Epic games moved in this folder and you target .ini file is DefaultGameSettings. -> Monitor mode 1
0 = fullScreen mode
1 - Windowed mode
2 - Windowed without borders. just set to 1 and save.) In future patches i wil implement the changing monitor modes in Settings.I hope this help you in this time, if you found trouble, write plz)

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 22:04

YOYOMAN_MODDER wrote:
ianrobo75 wrote:Cool.
for this thing. In UE 4.12.5, all save data located in C/UserName/AppData/XRIM folder i think, the .ini configs Epic games moved in this folder and you target .ini file is DefaultGameSettings. -> Monitor mode 1
0 = fullScreen mode
1 - Windowed mode
2 - Windowed without borders. just set to 1 and save.) In future patches i wil implement the changing monitor modes in Settings.I hope this help you in this time, if you found trouble, write plz)
The XRIM path for me is C:\Users\ian\AppData\Local\XRIM

The only ini files in there are in C:\Users\ian\AppData\Local\XRIM\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor.
None are called DefaultGameSettings and all except game.ini have nothing in them.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”