[MOD] DifficultyHack

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 06:53

Hi Helmut,
GCCRacer wrote:1) How is it with missiles, do they also require balancing?
I'm actually not sure if missile damage is also decreased in higher difficulty levels. Would make sense to. No plans to increase their damage however.
GCCRacer wrote:2) Using the mod I get hull damage even trough I have shields left. I assume this is because of Very Hard setting and enemies using some special weapons - not because of a problem with the mod?
You were maybe fighting a Xenon P? They have weapons that penetrate shields, like the heavy laser does. Not sure if other NPC weapons do as well.

GCCRacer

Post by GCCRacer » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 10:47

Thanks, got it. Yes, likely Xenon P - sorry, I'm so new at this.

Seems the missiles still take a good chunk out of shields and hull, so that will be fine either way. Worst case it costs double the ammo, and it focuses the fight more on the targeted weapons...

Had some nice battles yesterday with the larger spawned groups, love it.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 19:17

Cheers!

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 16:37

@pref, thanks for letting me take a look at your code, and sorry it took me so long to reply.

It's interesting, but I decided not to include it in this mod. Reason is that it doesn't really fit with the deliberately modest goal of the mod. (If there were a way to override the effects of the difficulty setting by changing a single number, it would literally do just that.)

You should release it though for people who do want to play with it. I disagree that it's too small to be a mod in its own right. In fact, I think that very small mods that change very particular things are a good thing that allow players to customize the game juuuust right to how we want to play.

I would request that you use single <replace /> nodes rather than <remove/> -> <add />. At least, I don't think remove -> add is necessary unless I missed a spot where it is. Only times I found remove -> add useful is if I wanted to wrap something around a node like:

Code: Select all

<set_value name="$somevar" exact="1"/>
to

<do_if value="$somevar.sucks">
  <set_value name="$somevar.sucks" exact="0"/>
</do_if>
And then only because I haven't figured out a better solution for that problem.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 16:52

w.evans wrote:I would request that you use single <replace /> nodes rather than <remove/> -> <add />. At least, I don't think remove -> add is necessary unless I missed a spot where it is. Only times I found remove -> add useful is if I wanted to wrap something around a node like:

to

</do_if>
And then only because I haven't figured out a better solution for that problem.

<replace sel="//set_value[@name="$somevar]">
</do_if>
</replace>
if you want to replace 1 node with 2 or more nodes it would be a bit more tricky... i think the order was inverted in the result file, or it didnt work at all - not sure..[/code]
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 16:54

Huh. I never thought of that. Thanks, Uni!

ncraiden

Post by ncraiden » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 05:52

This is exactly what I was looking for. I'm also using and loving your MCT mod. Thanks for sharing all of your hard work.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”