[MOD] Some Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 21. Mar 16, 17:31

WoW, Targon tracers placing on Tyrannis actually looks very good.

Any chance to have also lighter version for PMC or Albion - basically only core section (6 hulls) and no Targon Tracers?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 21. Mar 16, 18:24

not in plan yet, finally i decided that this may a good Pirate-layout

but if you like, i can copy this thing with changes you want into a custom ship

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 21. Mar 16, 19:32

Could be pretty epic all in one trader aswell.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 21. Mar 16, 19:43

Yeah, some kind of Megafreighter would be nice for Pirate player to stash his loot.

P.S any screenshot of Phimakron (OL carrier)?

Fazer1000
x4

Post by Fazer1000 » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 01:09

Sorry, it was my fault with the Minekron, the 3 I have are all subs and their squadleaders did overwrite the offence mod. That way the patrols were working only that the kills needed to much time and the Minekrons couldn't start their missiles. Now switched evrything to offence and a lot of missiles are flying around 8)

With the Ayosana I've tested it with Taranis and Scaldis, both with full crew and intact engines as leader and as sub and couldn't find any other commands than the ones the S/M are working with.
You said something about ship without captain but without captain I can't assign a ship to a squad, not as leader and not as sub :?
(Don't have that cenario cause I use "AutoCrew")

Edit:
I don't know what happend but my S/M fighters assigned to a carrier have no longer the "dock Ship" command in pilots menu and I remember there was one.
i7 4770k /16GB /GTX 770
seit Xbtf bekennender X-Fan

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 07:39

the further commands all change from "new command" >> "attack"
to "more ..." (call Captain/Pilot >> (5)"more..." >> Carriers and other options)
in a upcomming build of carriers i will add some more commands like simple "dock at ..."

@mr.WHO
you can watch all ships in encyclopedia, only the entry is required and that you can get by call a shipyard that sells this

A.Persyn
x3tc

Post by A.Persyn » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 14:17

The Ayosana is a great idea, but it doesn't seem to work on any of the capital ships I've tried. It will dock fighters, but anything else has the "Dock ships" command grayed-out. Tried it on Balor, Arawn, Taranis, Rahanas, and Sanahar Mk2 XL. Is there a capital ship it does work on?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 14:56

A.Persyn wrote:The Ayosana is a great idea, but it doesn't seem to work on any of the capital ships I've tried. It will dock fighters, but anything else has the "Dock ships" command grayed-out. Tried it on Balor, Arawn, Taranis, Rahanas, and Sanahar Mk2 XL. Is there a capital ship it does work on?
there are more then this one known from carriers (and that doesn't work with capitals)

you have this option, so call ...
  • ... the Captain (of Ayosana) -> (5) more... -> salvage ship ... *then select the ship*
  • ... the Captain (of *to dock ship* if it is assigned to Ayosana) -> (4) dock ships {this is similar to the small ships, that you can start/dock in single over contact to the pilot}
  • ... the Captain (of *to dock ship* if it is assigned to Ayosana) -> (5) more... -> XL dock ship
to Release same

A.Persyn
x3tc

Post by A.Persyn » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 18:14

None of those options appear. It's the same menu from Carriers:
Call captain -> More -> Carrier -> dock ships is grayed out

There is nothing with "salvage" or "XL dock ship."

Calling the captain of the target ship results in no options except "Back."

Can you post an image of what the menu is supposed to look like?

Thanks for your help!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 19:20

May I suggest non-missile OL Battle Frigate?

The hull would be the back/mid section of OL Destroyer - kinda like Cumakron lost one of it's "frontal fangs", but the Frigate would have no "fangs"

The frigate would have 2-3 Plasma/Jet and some Hailstorms and Astrobees.

Kina poor man destroyer for the zones where normal destroyer would be an overkill.

Edit:
How modular is Arawn model? Is it possible to detach the side pods? If yes, then you could make a lighter and cheaper version of Arawn.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 19:45

yes pods should be possible to remove, but than there will be holes in the side, and thats the only parts that modular

an light ol ship is difficult because the most parts are very big, the missile Frigate is already slightly to big in my opinion, but there are no smaller parts :(
A.Persyn wrote:There is nothing with "salvage" or "XL dock ship."
please download the actual 115 package again
in a earlier version was a syntax error at the md/ file that assign the mod-ship-macros to the carrier, it seems that this could be the reason why your ships not get detected like it should be

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 21:28

Not sure if this is a bug or not but I noticed LI using Lyramekron Mk2 as mining vessels, wouldn't it make more sense to use the Sanahar Mk2 since that is a design that would be readily available in Albion instead of a OL design?

Fazer1000
x4

Post by Fazer1000 » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 00:04

I had a closer look at the commands of Ayosana and subs and if I click "more" there are no one of that command, not active, nor even greyed out, only a lot of emptyness and at least Shipdetails.

The other thing I've noticed is that the commands to start or dock single fighters are in the pilotscommands of Arawn subs as usual, these commands are not available on the fighters of the Phimekron.
I made the setting for fast docking and starting cause I have up to 60 fighters on board when comming back from a sight seeing and collectors tour in a pirate zone.
This setting is working fine on for the Arawns, but the Phimakron ignors it and start and dock with the nice looking slow standard setting what needs a lot of time for so many fighters and where you have to start the docking more than one time cause the docking stucks from time to time when docking so many fighters what is a vanilla problem I think.
i7 4770k /16GB /GTX 770

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 10:00

update of Basic- and TO-Ships package, added some targetpoints for scan and hack to a couple of ships

Fazer1000
x4

Post by Fazer1000 » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 12:57

Man you got it!
Working perfect :)
Now all needed commands are in the good old dial menu of Ayosana, Phimakron and subs and also fast docking works on Phimakron.
i7 4770k /16GB /GTX 770

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 17:14

Is it possile to put diffrent weapon on the turrets? Or does all turrets have pre-defined weapons?

Like Balor novadrones on the Astrobee missile launcher model?

That way we could create a missile ship that can launch novadrones without the need to turn to the target, but in the same time the turret could be destroyed so it balance the change.

Some kind of light destroyer with several novadrone turrets could be an interesting configuration.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 17:19

its relatively simple to swap armanents on a Ship via Mod - but only as new Ship type (and you possibly have to create a few new Turrets based on existing ones, but thats simple), but you cannt do this dynamically since multimacro upgrades as used in the Skunk are bugged as hell for Non-player-Ships. you have to create a seperate Ship Type for each possible configuration.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 18:29

I have an dea for another type of ship:

Fleet Tanker:
Add some liquid storage/gas tanks block and some light anti-fighter weapons and huge Fuel cargo storage.

This ship would be used to refuel your fleet without the need to go for cell recharge station queue.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 18:39

i have a version of the Sanahar XL with fuel, but this isn't in the package because the game can't take much use of them, without a AI that will refuel at a Squadship this is simply decoration

the Tyranis and Ayosana have greater Fuel-Cargo anyway

Fazer1000
x4

Post by Fazer1000 » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 10:52

Is it possible that something in this ship mod like the dock of the Raptor has an effect to the dock of the old red destroyer "Wundbrandjäger"?

I had an old unused red destroyer parking somewhere in HoL with some fighters onboard, before I've installed the new ships the red destroyer had all his carrier commands, now he has only the pilot commands and Captain has no and DO only the "transfer" command.

It's more for info cause the original red detroyer is not longer needed.

Btw. I've builded a Raptor to test if his dock is fine and yepp, on Raptor everything works as intended.
i7 4770k /16GB /GTX 770

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”