Repack construction vessel

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Wed, 7. Oct 15, 21:22

I'm thinking on restarting and rebuilding everything.
Aside from some dodgy stations I also have some other reasons and I can test better how the mod works on a new game.

I published the mod this evening and you can find it on Steam if you are interested.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =531342056

jth
x3

Post by jth » Thu, 8. Oct 15, 13:01

mihaib wrote:I'm thinking on restarting and rebuilding everything.
Aside from some dodgy stations I also have some other reasons and I can test better how the mod works on a new game.

I published the mod this evening and you can find it on Steam if you are interested.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =531342056
I have replayed the older games a few times and started fresh. I think that it would be nice to play this one through again and have the plot work smoothly and get my Rahanas Energy but building all those stations took a very long time and I am not sure that I want to do that part again. I think I will stick with my save game with all the stations when I play with the economy.

I have subscribed to your mod, looks good. It worked great on my Floating Meadows in Gushing Springs. It detached and re-attached fine.

It did produce the following as it detached the CV in the debug.log When you have 5 minutes ....... :)

[Scripts] *** Context:md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: <event_conversation_next_section> section: 'cArch_RCV_detachfromstation'
[General] *** Context:md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: ERROR: Unexpected section 'cArch_RCV_detachfromstation'
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Error in MD cue md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: Trying to perform <reset_cue> on non-instance cue md.NPC_Architect.MoveBuilderShip, descendant of instantiating cue md.NPC_Architect.Base
* Expression: MoveBuilderShip

jth

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Thu, 8. Oct 15, 20:52

jth wrote:[Scripts] *** Context:md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: <event_conversation_next_section> section: 'cArch_RCV_detachfromstation'
[General] *** Context:md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: ERROR: Unexpected section 'cArch_RCV_detachfromstation'
[=ERROR=] Error in MD cue md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: Trying to perform <reset_cue> on non-instance cue md.NPC_Architect.MoveBuilderShip, descendant of instantiating cue md.NPC_Architect.Base
* Expression: MoveBuilderShip

jth
In my blunderings to fix the various issues I forgot to thoroughly check the log.
One of the error was caused by an unnecessary line in the script that remained from the original script I used as inspiration.
The other error was because of my poor knowledge of XML patching.

In any case, they should be fixed now. Thanks for the feedback.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 04:25

Hi mihaib

Sorry to report this but i'm sure it's a small hiccup.

I've given your repack CV mod a try and found when docked to transfer crews to station and on exiting dock i had in menu/chat flight cursor lock and had to drop into windows and back to game to regain control, this maybe an error in the mod.

I have gone back to Station recycle and station engineer mods to have the fully working items that your mod dose without the cursor lock.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 07:20

Jess, might that just be the Steam bug? It sounds similar.

Details are in a thread here (with a work-around that can be tried):
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 44#4557244

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 16:48

Hi Sparky Sparkycorp

Thanks for info but my issue only happened when using this mod and removing and going back to the the two the i mentioned there's no mouse lock and i've had no issues like this with steam only that now and again it gets laggy.

If you look at it this way if there's no problem before mod install but there is after install then not there after removal then it must be a glitch in the mod as the mod dose work only to have mouse lock in the menu/chat on station when assigning crew and on undocking but not in menu/chat off station or any where else.

I would like to have one mod that dose the work of two or more so yes i would like this mod to work.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 18:08

JESS 246 wrote: If you look at it this way if there's no problem before mod install but there is after install then not there after removal then it must be a glitch in the mod as the mod dose work only to have mouse lock in the menu/chat on station when assigning crew and on undocking but not in menu/chat off station or any where else.
Yes, I can see that makes sense from your point of view. From an external point of view there were two variables (mod and Steam issue) so it seemed best to mention the Steam one in case the experiences with different mods were potentially only different due to differing ways they might work. Anyway, glad things are working for you.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 18:15

While not on topic, I can confirm mouse lock since last steam update. Tap windows key twice cures it for me.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 19:12

Hi Sparky Sparkycorp

Point taken i can see that but in my case its the mod and at present i'm having no mouse issues only that dam steering ring in hud that acts like a cursor.

I also can see that maybe some mods are incompatible with other mods and outside game aliments and if this mod is effected by the steam workshop download then yes there is an issue with steam as in this case as you stated has caused a mouse glitch, and steam should not change any coding or files of a mod or game only make it easier for us to obtain these DLC's.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 09:25

@ JESS 246,

It sound like an unfortunate coincidence, but do what you think is best. You can always try it out again later if you happen to feel like it.

@ mihaib,

As I commented on your Steam page, I'm sorting out a compatibility button for Repack CV in Human Resources. HR is horribly greedy with menus by it's nature, so it's not really something you should need to worry about on your end.

I'm thinking HR's menu structure when RCV is detected will look something like this, with the "Detach from Station" compat button pointing to RCV's section handler:

[ external image ]

I have a question, though: What's the purpose of the not @obstructioncheck condition in your menu filter?

While playing around with it I haven't been able to find any consequences of detaching while a station is "obstructed" aside from maybe leaving a few drones behind (though they can be recovered by re-deploying to CV back to the station for a bit), so I was hoping you could shed some light on whether it's really necessary or not.

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 10:24

Hi Jess,
I'm sorry about the issues with the mouse cursor you have. I can't imagine what in my mod would cause such problems as I have no modifications related to user interface or mouse cursors.
I will do some tests if I'm having the same problems with the mod installed.

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 10:36

Vim Razz wrote:I have a question, though: What's the purpose of the not @obstructioncheck condition in your menu filter?

While playing around with it I haven't been able to find any consequences of detaching while a station is "obstructed" aside from maybe leaving a few drones behind (though they can be recovered by re-deploying to CV back to the station for a bit), so I was hoping you could shed some light on whether it's really necessary or not.
Hi Vim,
Thanks for taking an interest and working on making the mods compatible. I had no idea that you could detect mods and adapt to them :D
The not @obstructioncheck checks if the ship is performing the obstruction check, right after ordering the architect to construct a module.

If you happen to be in the same zone as the CV, after you order a module constructed you will see a big red box appear near the CV and covering the construction site. It checks if the site is clear of stuff, like ships or other things.
By those conditions I'm making sure to offer the detach option only if the CV is not building and not checking for obstructions before commencing a build.

I don't know how to answer your question, though. Maybe it is ok if you detach while in the obstruction check phase. I did no tests regarding this scenario.
However, I doubt the left over drones have anything to do with this. That happens in between builds also.

I'm assuming this check creates some sort of problems for you modifications?

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 10:59

JESS 246 wrote:Hi mihaib

Sorry to report this but i'm sure it's a small hiccup.

I've given your repack CV mod a try and found when docked to transfer crews to station and on exiting dock i had in menu/chat flight cursor lock and had to drop into windows and back to game to regain control, this maybe an error in the mod.

I have gone back to Station recycle and station engineer mods to have the fully working items that your mod dose without the cursor lock.
I just tested that scenario and found no problem. The mouse cursor was fine, no locks or anything like that.
My steam client also updated this morning so maybe whatever problem they had it was fixed.

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 11:06

Vim Razz wrote:I'm thinking HR's menu structure when RCV is detected will look something like this, with the "Detach from Station" compat button pointing to RCV's section handler:

[ external image ]
The compact button looks like a good idea, but I was thinking that it might sound better if you rename it to "Detach or Equip Station".
In any case, great mod and thanks a lot for your efforts to make it compatible with other mods :D

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 22:06

mihaib wrote:I'm assuming this check creates some sort of problems for you modifications?
No, I just wasn't sure how to handle it -- and I'm still in the process of clearing up lingering architect issues of my own, so every bit of info is useful. Thanks!
mihaib wrote:I was thinking that it might sound better if you rename it to "Detach or Equip Station".

You have a point. My concern is helping to passively communicate information through the menu wherever possible, though.

Like: you can detach after you finish equipping the station, but you can't really equip it after you finish detaching... ^.^;;

On a related note, dealing properly with orphaned trade offers is something I haven't figured out how to do properly in HR yet, and may be relevant here as well. I wont have time to investigate the issue further this weekend, but it's something to be aware of.

Also, I discovered that player stations generated by gamestarts (both Empire Builder and modded gamestarts) are a little buggy: Trying to attach a new CV to them causes the CV to disappear. This isn't a problem with your mod -- it happens if you buy a new CV at a shipyard, too -- but RCV does make it easier to encounter the bug, so I figured it's worth mentioning.

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 20:30

Vim Razz wrote:My concern is helping to passively communicate information through the menu wherever possible, though.

Like: you can detach after you finish equipping the station, but you can't really equip it after you finish detaching... ^.^;;

On a related note, dealing properly with orphaned trade offers is something I haven't figured out how to do properly in HR yet, and may be relevant here as well. I wont have time to investigate the issue further this weekend, but it's something to be aware of.

Also, I discovered that player stations generated by gamestarts (both Empire Builder and modded gamestarts) are a little buggy: Trying to attach a new CV to them causes the CV to disappear. This isn't a problem with your mod -- it happens if you buy a new CV at a shipyard, too -- but RCV does make it easier to encounter the bug, so I figured it's worth mentioning.
Well, it looks like there is a good reason why you named the button that way. :D

Fortunately, I had no issues with orphaned trade offers and I've been using the mod for a month before releasing it. I'm hopping I won't have this issue.

Thanks for mentioning the problems with gamestarts. It helps to know about this issue and that it's more likely to be reported with my mod on.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”