[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Tue, 21. Jul 15, 14:09

Tested it for about 2 hours, from a vanilla game with few stations.
I love the mod.
-huge war, no more passive universe. All fleets I have seen have some of the new ships you added.
I am going to play it, no more vanilla now I saw your universe.
I will send feedback and bug reports here.

I noticed alert system always says «unknow station» destroyed. It's weird I can't know what is the destroyed station, as I have explored the entire universe and I have a trade agent on every station.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 21. Jul 15, 14:21

Saquavin wrote:Tested it for about 2 hours, from a vanilla game with few stations.
I love the mod.
-huge war, no more passive universe. All fleets I have seen have some of the new ships you added.
I am going to play it, no more vanilla now I saw your universe.
I will send feedback and bug reports here.

I noticed alert system always says «unknow station» destroyed. It's weird I can't know what is the destroyed station, as I have explored the entire universe and I have a trade agent on every station.
It was an outpost then. Factions that conquer a zone, build an outpost. If you do not see it then it is unknown.

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Wed, 22. Jul 15, 20:58

Understood. I have seen one of them, it's a nice feature.
This leads to one idea : can you create some stationnary defense platforms (S, M, L like X3 or something else), platforms we could build like we build stations. I think something has to be done with building spots, for now we cannot choose precisely where to build.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 22. Jul 15, 21:16

just some thoughts from another modder: per Script you can set up arbitary build locations i think - the only problem is how to present the choice to the player.. i think using a (safe) position 1km* in front of the player ship when giving the build order may be a good approach (like saying "Build a Defense Platform there"*pointing in front of the Ship*) because it doesnt introduce new interfaces and it prevents the Player from directly interacting with Game Coordinates (the Players should not be troubled by these, they are technical stuff only imo)

*Distance may depend on the Size of the Platform
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 22. Jul 15, 22:10

Saquavin wrote:Understood. I have seen one of them, it's a nice feature.
This leads to one idea : can you create some stationnary defense platforms (S, M, L like X3 or something else), platforms we could build like we build stations. I think something has to be done with building spots, for now we cannot choose precisely where to build.
In order to resolve this specific issue, I created the Sul Mobile Weapon Platform.

This is a much simpler way of resolving what you are asking for. It has 2 HIVI turrets on it (the ones on the tracer platforms). The ship is slow, it isn't meant to be flying around but you can park it in whatever spot you want and it acts as basically a weapon platform. If you want, once you park it, remove the captain from it so you can't tell it to move anymore.

Orion Nebula
xr

Post by Orion Nebula » Wed, 22. Jul 15, 22:32

Wow.

Love the idea of this mod, more conquest less trade.

I installed it and am seeing much more activity between factions, fun!

However I started a fresh sandbox game, and am sitting in gemstone at the capital shipyard and none of the neat new ships as are in the WWX mod are buildable on my menu, and when I have them build a construction ship, it can't build ship manufacturing stations, seems identical to the 'vanilla' game as far as build menus. There are lots of raiding fights going on though, the big ship hulks are accumulating so that seems to be as expected. Too bad you can't scavenge those with a mining ship or something...

Is the 'vanilla' build menu and CV just because of the region I'm in, or have I messed something up?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 22. Jul 15, 22:51

Orion Nebula wrote:Wow.

Love the idea of this mod, more conquest less trade.

I installed it and am seeing much more activity between factions, fun!

However I started a fresh sandbox game, and am sitting in gemstone at the capital shipyard and none of the neat new ships as are in the WWX mod are buildable on my menu, and when I have them build a construction ship, it can't build ship manufacturing stations, seems identical to the 'vanilla' game as far as build menus. There are lots of raiding fights going on though, the big ship hulks are accumulating so that seems to be as expected. Too bad you can't scavenge those with a mining ship or something...

Is the 'vanilla' build menu and CV just because of the region I'm in, or have I messed something up?
The ships you can build are different based on the shipyard. Some can only be built if you acquire the right shipyard (have to capture them).

You can build new ships from the HOA shipyard in Gemstone, though. You can build the Scaldis Battle Star, and all the Sul Variants (Sul Vanguard, Sul Arbiter, Sul mobile fortress, etc)

There are new ships in the Devries shipyard as well. If you want the Titan's armory ships you need to find and capture a CV from plutarch that allows you to build the "Experimental Shipyard". If you want the new pirate ships, you need to capture a CV from the Reivers. There is also the Xenon/PMC Small shipyards which build Golems, Moebius and Drostan torpedo bombers. You must capture a different special CV from plutarch which allows you to build the two stations that build these.

Be careful, though, there is a decoy CV out there.

If you buy a CV from the shipyards you should see an option for Capital shipyard. If you aren't seeing this, then you are using something which is interfering with the mod.

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Wed, 22. Jul 15, 23:03

BlackRain wrote: In order to resolve this specific issue, I created the Sul Mobile Weapon Platform.
I noticed this ship, and I will use it as a defense platform. Your idea to remove the captain to make the ship stay in place is a good workaround though (until real defensive platform :D )

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 22. Jul 15, 23:54

New Version is up. Needs a lot of testing!

**Edit, mistake in it, hold off on downloading till i fix it.
***Edit, should be fixed, please redownload if you already downloaded it!

Orion Nebula
xr

Post by Orion Nebula » Thu, 23. Jul 15, 01:54

Got it running finally. RAR extractor was replicating the root dir in the root, heh. CWIR was actually unpacking within the CWIR dir, doh. Had to check the Do not replicate root dir or whatever option in 7-Zip.

Wow, nice work so far!

I see how you have it set as a great carryover from the end of the campaign.

This is looking excellent concept wise, you have essentially added an enjoyable post campaign endgame to cover that "well, now what the heck do I do?" feeling after completing it, and finished X:R where they left off!

BRAVO guys, you finished the game for egosoft!!!! Well, to my liking anyhoo. Keep going!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 23. Jul 15, 03:17

Some possibilities for the future, tell me what you think!

Growing xenon menace!
Xenon will invade the galaxy, conquering zone after zone, sector after sector if they aren't stopped! Xenon will spread out from their home sector in maelstrom and invade the next sector over. If they conquer the whole sector, they will invade the next sector until all of Maelstrom is under their control. If they conquer all of Maelstrom, not only will they be very heavily defended in Maelstrom, but they will invade Omicron Lyrae and try to conquer it zone by zone and sector by sector until everything is destroyed (so on and so forth till all the galaxy is a xenon paradise)

What do you think?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 23. Jul 15, 11:46

Sounds good to me. A similar concept works great in the Litcube's Universe mod for X3AP.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 23. Jul 15, 17:14

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Sounds good to me. A similar concept works great in the Litcube's Universe mod for X3AP.
Well it isn't nearly as sophisticated as that but should be a fun challenge I think.

Orion Nebula
xr

Post by Orion Nebula » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 08:46

I'd like it as long as it were any group or whatever that might gain the opportunity to end up steamrolling the systems, based on military or economic advantage - or both, not just the xenon bot dudes particularly. That way it feels more open and alive with possibility and a continuation of the games story, not a same 'ol same 'ol semi-scripted bot stomp.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 14:52

Orion Nebula wrote:I'd like it as long as it were any group or whatever that might gain the opportunity to end up steamrolling the systems, based on military or economic advantage - or both, not just the xenon bot dudes particularly. That way it feels more open and alive with possibility and a continuation of the games story, not a same 'ol same 'ol semi-scripted bot stomp.
The "factions" aren't trying to take over the galaxy. HOA and ROC just want to fight back against PMC. Argon is just trying to hold their own against the Xenon. It wouldn't make sense for many of these factions to start invading anywhere. Maybe PMC might try to take over whatever they could, but I don't think the other factions are trying to do that. I will consider it, though, if there is a good way to implement it.

By the way, it isn't "scripted". It will be more random then that. The Xenon will have the potential to grow, and grow, as long as no one stops them. If they are stopped or unable to achieve certain objectives, they wont grow. It doesn't have to be the player, although the player is the best one to stop them, it could be the Argon or the Split that holds them back, though. It all depends, it isn't definite that they will continue to grow and invade all.

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 15:34

1) what is the probe for? to reveal zone full data? permanent?
2) i helped roc faction destroyed rerive outpost, but roc didn't claim the zone, and i don't see it's sending cv or building outpost, why not?
3) i saw pmc cv in maelstorm galaxy, how can they reach that far ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 18:42

kelmenwong wrote:1) what is the probe for? to reveal zone full data? permanent?
2) i helped roc faction destroyed rerive outpost, but roc didn't claim the zone, and i don't see it's sending cv or building outpost, why not?
3) i saw pmc cv in maelstorm galaxy, how can they reach that far ?
Hello, the probe is to spy on a zone. You can send probes to any zone to see info. They are active until destroyed.

2) ROC will claim the zone, but they don't always do it right away or you might need to leave the zone and wait a little (as long as ROC has a capital ship in the zone, it should build an outpost). They do not send a CV, it just gets built.

As for CV's, that is a possibility for the future, but I am not sure if it will work well with the outposts because it takes too long. I will eventually look into the NPC factions building stuff with CV's but it might have to be limited because of the sheer difficulty of actually building stations (availability of goods that is. Many goods needed for station building become quite rare)

3) You saw a PMC CV in Maelstrom? Not sure how it got there but I guess it could happen. Maybe it determined that going through Maelstrom would get it somewhere? Not sure, I will look into it. I think they can get to Maelstrom through the gate in the Teladi cluster. I don't know why it would go there though haha.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 20:20

Updated first post with more info and such. As you can see many things are already implemented but there is a lot of work ahead. I need more people to give me feedback and suggestions and such. Good conversation leads to good ideas.

There are going to be a lot of changes still in the future. It will be some time until Rubini comes back so I am working on what I can do best. When he comes back we can update/add more features to the CM aspects. I am thinking of toning down the CM invasions. I think the defense part of it is very good but the invasion part can be tones down and invasions could take place more through JOBS than CM spawns. This will allow more control in some ways. (controlling the overall flow of the war and slow it down so players can respond/grow better) There are other changes in store too. It is coming along nicely so far, though.

Orion Nebula
xr

Post by Orion Nebula » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 20:23

Yeah, sorry, I realized right after I posted that it was totally incorrect for the story, but was half asleep and stream of consciousness typed away. Being totally new to the X series I think I was confusing sins of a solar empire in there and wondering on a sins type 4x conquesting mod.

I do have a quick question though, often times I will start to pursue a larger ship in an attempt to board, they will start boosting away at a rapid pace, after giving chase for 30 seconds to a minute or so they will simply vanish.

Are they jumping out or just vanishing?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 21:22

Orion Nebula wrote:Yeah, sorry, I realized right after I posted that it was totally incorrect for the story, but was half asleep and stream of consciousness typed away. Being totally new to the X series I think I was confusing sins of a solar empire in there and wondering on a sins type 4x conquesting mod.

I do have a quick question though, often times I will start to pursue a larger ship in an attempt to board, they will start boosting away at a rapid pace, after giving chase for 30 seconds to a minute or so they will simply vanish.

Are they jumping out or just vanishing?
They are using code from MICT which is more advanced then the vanilla code. Ships in danger may jump somewhere in the zone. Keep on them!

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”