[MOD] X:R Conquer mod v0.19s Updated 29/09/2015

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 07:40

@Rubini: This mod is great work and will be a huge contribution to the game. I do have some thoughts that I hope you find useful. Please let me know if I should clarify anything.

EWS Frequency: I've noticed that if I have assets in more than a few zones (say 10), I often get EWS alerts multiple times per minute. This is especially an issue for players who choose to be enemies with the Teladi Pirates and leave destroyers in Serpentine Haze (as those pirates keep sending Phoenixes there). I believe the default should be lower. Are you able to make the alert go off only when player assets in the zone are weaker than the detected enemy forces? Alternatively, could you make the alert go off only if the enemy forces are at least 2 or more cap ships? Either way, I think for late game players, the alerts should go off much less. If this is a setting I can change, I recommend changing the default.

Xenon: I noticed that Xenon fleets include Maelchon and other pirate fighters. Is this intended? I was thinking not.

Log: I love the log entries, but I think less line breaks in them would be better. Could you remove those? I also think it would be great to remove recommendations from the log, such as the one like "This is an opportunity to build" and "Try to send help" (I'm just paraphrasing). I think these recommendations are good for the actual alerts, but they end up using a lot of space in the log. Less importantly, I saw a typo or two that I can show later. I might be able to help you polish the text if you would find that helpful.

Station Destruction: I blew up some stations (pirate and Xenon) in zone and noticed that they just seemed to disappear after a certain amount of damage. I recall seeing mention of this in the thread, but is it able to be made smoother?

SpyNet: Could you include who destroyed the station? I think that would be very good to know.

Some features I have not been able to test yet, but I will post when I do. Please keep up the amazing work!

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 15:34

tomchk wrote:@Rubini: This mod is great work and will be a huge contribution to the game. I do have some thoughts that I hope you find useful. Please let me know if I should clarify anything.
Thanks by the feedback tomchk. Please continue to post anything that you want, including suggestions and ideas!
EWS Frequency: I've noticed that if I have assets in more than a few zones (say 10), I often get EWS alerts multiple times per minute. This is especially an issue for players who choose to be enemies with the Teladi Pirates and leave destroyers in Serpentine Haze (as those pirates keep sending Phoenixes there). I believe the default should be lower. Are you able to make the alert go off only when player assets in the zone are weaker than the detected enemy forces? Alternatively, could you make the alert go off only if the enemy forces are at least 2 or more cap ships? Either way, I think for late game players, the alerts should go off much less. If this is a setting I can change, I recommend changing the default.
For now you can only change its frequency. I didn't enable exactly this feature on Config file to avoid compatibility issues between versions. But you can open the Conquer_mod.xml, locate the EWS cue and change it´s delay. It´s now 120s. So even if you have a lot of units in different zones it must be not alert you in less than 2 minutes interval (not a lot of time per minute as you said, because this cue isn't instantiated ) - Please check this again . Anyhow, your suggestion is noted and I will refined the routine to be less sensible or be adaptive on next release. This will be a good adjust.
Xenon: I noticed that Xenon fleets include Maelchon and other pirate fighters. Is this intended? I was thinking not.
For now, the forces are generated only using correct capships per faction but not the fighters - they are generic. Issue noted and will fix it.
Log: I love the log entries, but I think less line breaks in them would be better. Could you remove those? I also think it would be great to remove recommendations from the log, such as the one like "This is an opportunity to build" and "Try to send help" (I'm just paraphrasing). I think these recommendations are good for the actual alerts, but they end up using a lot of space in the log. Less importantly, I saw a typo or two that I can show later. I might be able to help you polish the text if you would find that helpful.
About space between some lines, for non english native folks, this make things a bit easier to read and to understand. It´s obviously an aesthetic thing. It's recommended that you clear your logbook in game from time to time (even for vanilla game) because these messages amount will be carry from save to save, for vanilla plus all others mods including this one. IIRC it is not cleared by default after some time as EGO should make it.
And, yes, please, can you send me a polished&corrected messages?

Station Destruction: I blew up some stations (pirate and Xenon) in zone and noticed that they just seemed to disappear after a certain amount of damage. I recall seeing mention of this in the thread, but is it able to be made smoother?
Do you not saw it exploding and letting debris on its places? The original routine from VanFIm have just a crude disappear of the station without any Fx. I added them (fx), so you you must saw them. But the really final end is a vanish, leaving debris on its place. This is true for all objects in the game. You never noticed it because vanilla let a skull of the dead object in place, I opted to just let debris (and dropped containers if any) to clean the area. What you think?
SpyNet: Could you include who destroyed the station? I think that would be very good to know.
Yes, its possible and easy to do. But I made it this way to not shown so much spoiler for the player, to instigate him to investigate. What you think?

Do you have interest in make some "beta" on the run, as you play your game? If so, i can send to you the betas with the above fixes or adjusts asap.

Thanks again mate!
Rubini.

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 22:42

@tomchk,

Done!
v013a:
- rised the boarding resistance for non pirates enemy fleets
- all fighters are now faction specific
- EWS have now (infinite) levels:
level 1: will always warning if at least one enemy military xl or l ship is present in a zone which player have a capitalship or station (as it is now on V013)
level 2: 50% chance for 1 enemy capship present and 100% chance when 2 or more enemy capship are present (the default now)
level 3: 33% for 1 enemy capship present, 50% when 2 enemy capship are present, 100% chance when 3 or more are present
level 4: 25% for 1 enemy capship present, 50% for 2 enemy capship present, 75% when 3 enemy capship is present and 100% when 4 or more enemy capship is present
and so on. Infinite levels. Can be set on config file.
-EWS messages are now queued, what means that they never will showed/voiced one over another. The minimum interval is 25s and the check round each 3 min.

Edited: forgot to say that added also a EWS_Level cutoff: the minimum number of enemy ships to the EWS works anyway. So, you can have it to level 4 but a cutoff of 1. It will works with chances as above but only for 2 or more enemy units and so on.

Cheers!
Let me know if you want to use/test this update. Save game compatible with version 0.13. The official ETA for a new version is in 2 weeks. :wink:
Last edited by Rubini on Sat, 25. Apr 15, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 22:50

Awesome! I would love to test it this weekend and send you my thoughts. I am not sure when I can polish the text, but I will let you know if I get a chance.

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 22:55

hello. ok i have tryed use this mod but my pc guet fozen serveral times on a free new game only with freelancer mod...no idea wath is rong !!!

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 01:56

tomchk wrote:Awesome! I would love to test it this weekend and send you my thoughts. I am not sure when I can polish the text, but I will let you know if I get a chance.
- And also made the messages on Logbook a bit more concise and with less empty lines. Only on PDA that they are almost as they were.

Where i can send v013a for you? By PM?
Last edited by Rubini on Sun, 26. Apr 15, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 02:00

escondido wrote:hello. ok i have tryed use this mod but my pc guet fozen serveral times on a free new game only with freelancer mod...no idea wath is rong !!!
Hi mate,

I have not any problem at my end. And i use a lot of mods. Some suggestions:
- make sure that you are not using save game from old versions from this mod (isn't necessary but will be good to try to isolate the problem0
- I learn (by trial and error) that mods that generate errors on debuglog and have cues that generate these errors being executed frequently will make your debuglog bigger and bigger and in really few minutes the game start to become slow and can ctd.

Let me know if this help you.

SupraRZ
x4

Post by SupraRZ » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 02:14

escondido wrote:hello. ok i have tryed use this mod but my pc guet fozen serveral times on a free new game only with freelancer mod...no idea wath is rong !!!
Mine too just this mod and TO dlc freezes New game start after about 30 seconds .

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 02:25

posting the Debuglog might help to find the cause, if its not too spammed... just append -logfile debuglog.txt to the XR Startup Parameters, play until it crashes and post the resulting file ;)

PS i just wonder who else takes care that the log is not spammed periodically before releasing a mod..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 02:29

@SupraRZ,

As UniTrader said to help you i need to see your debuglog and then, if needed, a saved game too. As i said, i have no problems here. This mod also have none, zero, footprint on debuglog, is totally error free at my end.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 02:49

@Rubini: PM is good. You'll send a link?

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 03:34

tomchk wrote:@Rubini: PM is good. You'll send a link?
A link by PM. Just a minute!

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 04:24

@tomchk,

Link sent by PM!

Here the final changelog for v013a:
- Rised the boarding resistance for non pirates enemy fleets
- All fighters are now faction specific
- EWS have now (infinite) levels:
level 1: will always warning if at least one enemy military xl or l ship is present in a zone which player have a capitalship or station (as it is now on V013)
level 2: 50% chance for 1 enemy capship present and 100% chance when 2 or more enemy capship are present (the default now)
level 3: 33% for 1 enemy capship present, 50% when 2 enemy capship are present, 100% chance when 3 or more are present
level 4: 25% for 1 enemy capship present, 50% for 2 enemy capship present, 75% when 3 enemy capship is present and 100% when 4 or more enemy capship is present and so on. Infinite levels. Can be set on config file.
- EWS_Level cutoff: the minimum number of enemy ships to trigger EWS. So, you can have EWS to level 4 but a cutoff of 1. It will works with chances as above but only for 2 or more enemy units and so on. Can be set on config file.
- EWS messages are now queued, what means that they never will showed/voiced one over another. The minimum interval is 25s and the check round each 3 min.
- Logbook messages are more concise and with less empty lines. On PDA they are almost the same as before.
- Fixed some issues related with Config file reserved variables

Ahoy! :P

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 05:54

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<uidata version="1">
<data environment="detailmonitor"/>
<data environment="fullscreen"/>
<data environment="fullscreen2">
__CORE_DEBUGLOG_LOG = {
[&quot;lastClear&quot;]={
[&quot;minor&quot;]=53.000000,
[&quot;major&quot;]=3.000000,},
[&quot;version&quot;]=4.000000,
[&quot;data&quot;]={
[1.000000]={
[&quot;gamestart&quot;]=1.000000,
[&quot;message&quot;]=&quot;Error: [Movie.LoadFormat] File videos/logo_publisher.mkv: File not found&quot;,
[&quot;timestamp&quot;]=1430020268.000000,},
[4.000000]={
[&quot;message&quot;]=&quot;Error: AddonManager::LoadUserData(): Failed to load userdata: ''&quot;,
[&quot;timestamp&quot;]=1430020274.000000,},
[2.000000]={
[&quot;message&quot;]=&quot;Error: [Video.Start] Failed to start movie -1313558101&quot;,
[&quot;timestamp&quot;]=1430020268.000000,},
[3.000000]={
[&quot;message&quot;]=&quot;Error: LIBXML2: personal:///uidata?ext=pck%20xml line 1, error 5: Extra content at the end of the document\
&quot;,
[&quot;timestamp&quot;]=1430020274.000000,},},}
</data>
</uidata>

helo ..no idea if is this the file...let me me know please

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 06:02

nope.. the file we meant is right next to your Savegames folder in my Documents if you have passed the aforementoined parameter ;) (and should be named debuglog.txt )
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 06:20

this is the file i have im my documents folder inside the XR saves .

ther are 6 itens / save/screenshots/config/progressbar/uidata/

no » debuglog.txt !!

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 09:39

Houston, we have a problem!

The situation:
- I found an issue with the Config files not reading its settings after changes.
- Then 2 mates here said something about a loop/freeze after few seconds after load a saved game with this mod.
- Then i also found the same problem in some of my saved games.

Here my conclusions after a deep and tiresome investigation:

- No problems with the code, it works as intend and very well,
- Also you will not have any problem if start a new game or load this mod first time in a previous save game that didn´t had it before.
- but at each new release i add new features and sometimes new variables into old cues code and into the config file. Here is the problem. A problem that i never could imaginated.
- New variables in previously cues that sometimes are active on saved games can not read correctly these new values or just can lose its references and this lead to the problems related above.

With this exposed i will:
1. release last update v013a with the new features described in some posts above
2. from now on any new feature needs to be deeply tested in saved games from previous version and only will release if its safe to use with previous saved game.
3. if i can´t find a solution for this problem, I will only add features that don´t changes the old ones. The odd is that this can halt the improvements of previous feature on the mod.
4. or just will give up, after v13a release, because this is really bucket of cold water.

If anyone have a clue please let me know, I can be wrong on my conclusions and perhaps a solution can appears...
Thanks and excuse me by the problem, but i really could not found a solution.
(new versions code changes x old saved games)
Rubini.

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 10:18

i also have uninstalled the game and erase all the saves im my documents and star a fresch game with only the 2 mods freelancer and this one...but the problems is the same it freeze my computer after a few secunds..

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 11:45

Same..
Freeze after several seconds of new game.

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 12:11

Sorry guys,

Something get lost between versions that is now leading for these freezes that i also confirm. I will remove all links, post a statement that it is under repair until solve the problem. The bad news is that I only knew about this hours ago because in my saves/test run it is working. My best clue is that some footprint stay on my saved games that make it runs. But not more for new games too.
Sorry and thanks by your interest and to try it.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”