[MOD] MT Station Logistics - Last update: v1.36 - 01 January 2017

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Wed, 11. Feb 15, 00:00

Firstly, the praise.

An most excellent mod. I might sound sycophantic, but this gem right here just scratches that OCD regarding controlling my ships and not leaving it up to the station manager AI. Raving rave review. And yes, I'm a CLS fanatic from X3 ;)

Secondly, is it possible for the ships to pick up resources at the stations, and not just products?

I have a construction shop who is full of ore, a Fedhelm outside full of ore just idling and not in use. Meanwhile there's a few factories of mine that would very much like some of that ore.

All in all, three thumbs up! :)
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Sun, 1. Mar 15, 13:09

v1.08 - Fixed compatibility with v3.50 beta - mod now uses Phipsz(Chudnofsky) Sidebar Extender

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Wed, 4. Mar 15, 22:17

v1.09 - Fixed compatibility with v3.50 beta 3 - Sidebar Extender no longer required

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 15:17

hi, this mod looks great. i followed instructions and installed it, made sure my ships were not in my squad, had a full crew and all needed drones.
I added them and selected home station, now this is where i became stuck.
the configure button is still greyed out, even though i can see the homebae in the list.
so i cant get to add any waypoints, so what am i doing wrong. thanks

edit, i am using 3.5 beta, i have some other mods too. world war x ect.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 20:51

You're not doing anything wrong Nosscar - It looks like the UI changes in 3.50 --> have introduced one or two subtle bugs including the one you have encountered. Unfortunately I'm very time limited at the moment due to work and other RL commitments so I can't give an ETA on a fix - sorry!

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 21:38

wysiwyg wrote:You're not doing anything wrong Nosscar - It looks like the UI changes in 3.50 --> have introduced one or two subtle bugs including the one you have encountered. Unfortunately I'm very time limited at the moment due to work and other RL commitments so I can't give an ETA on a fix - sorry!
thanks for letting me know, no worries, i will just wait for a fix.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 23:08

v1.10 - Fixed bug that prevented newly added ships from being configured
Fixed a bug that prevented return to homebase working properly
Updated mod for non beta-users so everyone should now be on v1.10

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 15:39

Mini bug-fix update
v1.11 - Fixed a bug where the Reports screen would crash after a logistics ship was destroyed

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 22:14

+++++ ANOUNCEMENT 22nd March 2015 +++++
2015/03/22 - v1.20 - new features:
CV supply: On the ship admin screen you will now see a "ship setup" button that will take you to a screen where you can choose to have your ship supply construction vessels that have buy orders. Select yes and the trader will automatically check to see if any of its cargo matches a buy offer at any of your CVs within range of the trader's homebase. If it has enough wares on board to complete the trade it will divert from its current waypoints and supply the CV. Once there are no more viable CV trades the ship will resume its normal waypoint route.

Improved menus: Ships and stations now sorted alphabetically and remaining row selection glitches have been fixed.

Other - lots of other minor improvements, fixes and optimisations.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 22:28

Awesome!

Suggestion for alternative heading:

+++++ ANOUNCEMENT 22nd March 2015 +++++
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Mon, 23. Mar 15, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 08:46

v1.21 - Fixes newly added ships crashing the UI (introduced in v1.20)

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Fri, 27. Mar 15, 23:43

+++++ ANNOUNCEMENT 27th March 2015 +++++

v1.25 - Further fixes, optimisations and mod compatibility changes.

New Feature:
v1.25 introduces tracking of ships from other trading mods. Your list of available ships will now show YAT and JLP Unitraders tagged and locked so they cannot be selected as MT Logistics ships. Support for Euclid's Autotraders is also included but only if you have Vim Razz's HumanResources mod installed (I couldn't figure out how to tag AutoTraders without breaking HumanResources - Fix soon hopefully if doable) To be honest having HR installed is highly recommended as it allows the use of AutoTrader and JLP Unitrader anyway since the latest changes to the radial command menu!

Note that you also now have a global options menu: select "configure" from the main menu then select "global options". Here you can turn on or off displaying ships that are locked out by other mods.

Enjoy!
Wysi :)

PS thanks to Sparky for the new announcement banner :D
Last edited by wysiwyg on Fri, 3. Apr 15, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 00:08

NICE! (I mean mostly the banner. Although the update's nice too.)

Thanks for the update!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 00:09

Haha, you're welcome :D

Looking forward to trying this mod post-vanilla post. Thanks!

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 14:41

Ok, Good Mod, I know what its SUPPOSED to do but Im a little confused by the wording in the Manual when trying to make waypoints..
The “Minimum Amount” is the lowest amount of cargo that the ship will consider the waypoint is valid

The grammar here is a bit off so I'm confused as to whether it is lowest amount of cargo that the ship has or the station has or... ?
Assuming I want my Hauler to fill up as much energy cells as he can from his energy home base. I should set min to 0% and max to 100% ??

Then, lets say he fills up and goes to way point 2, one of my stations that requires energy cells. What % do I set to have him unload as many as possible. Like, a fill option.

I'm beginning to think it was talking about the current cargo on the ship right? lol[/quote]

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 16:11

Conbadicus wrote:Ok, Good Mod, I know what its SUPPOSED to do but Im a little confused by the wording in the Manual when trying to make waypoints..
The “Minimum Amount” is the lowest amount of cargo that the ship will consider the waypoint is valid
Hi Conbadicus - You're pretty much right what you said: I'll expalin a little better for the benefit of anyone else who might struggle with my old fashioned use of english :D

The minimum amount relates to that particular waypoint - Here's an example:

I set a waypoint to load/buy MINIMUM 10% and MAXIMUM 100% - let's say from an ecell station.

When the trader analyses the waypoint (s)he will only fly to the station and load up if there is at least a 10% cargo load of ecells available for sale at the station. Any less and the waypoint will be skipped. If the station has between 10% and 100% the trader will fly and load as much as the station has. If the station has over 100% then yes you will end up with a full cargo hold.

I then set a second waypoint to unload/sell at another station that needs ecells. I set the MINIMUM to say 5% and the maximum to 20%:
Now if that station needs at least 5% cargo hold load of the ecells then the trader will go and unload/sell - the maximum transfer will be 20% of the cargo hold IFF the station needs that much. If the station needs less than 5% then the waypoint will be skipped.

This means that you can push wares to several stations that need them having already loaded up at a single station:

Waypoint 1 - Load as much as possible at station 1
Waypoint 2 - Sell up to 20% of cargo at station 2
Waypoint 3 - Sell up to 20% of cargo at station 3
Waypoint 4 - Sell up to 20% of cargo at station 4
Waypoint 5 - Sell up to 20% of cargo at station 5
Waypoint 6 - Sell up to 20% of cargo at station 6
goto WP 1

etc. there are lots of ways you can do this - it's up to you.

tl;dr the MINIMUM setting is the lowest amount that a trader will fly a waypoint - any less and the waypoint is skipped. The MIN setting is available to prevent traders wasting time dealing in ridiculously small amounts of low value wares.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 10:17

Thank you for the endorsement! :D

Spotting AutoTrade ships to avoid breaking them is always going to be a challenge unless euclid decides to take an interest in improving the tracking himself, but I think you took a rather interesting approach here.

Also, I've been very much enjoying the CV support feature lately!

Leafcutter
x4

Post by Leafcutter » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 14:48

Hi wysiwyg (or other experts of this mod usage)

I'm interested in giving this mod a go... looks like a fun and interactive way to manage station logistics without micro managing every trade.

Due to my lack of XML understanding I wonder if I could ask a couple of questions...

Does this mod work by creating an external list of trade tasks which the mod executes one at a time in a loop, using the same move and trade scripts that a ship would use, if I issued each way point instruction separately using vanilla functionality?

... or have you replaced them with a mod specific version of said scripts?

Either way, are the instructions a ship follows subject to all the same universe interruptions? (such as being attacked, defending and re-commencing initial task).

Even though we can all agree Manager AI is still being improved...does the addition and removal of station wares using this mod confuse the station manager?

You have a dedicated un-installer. What hooks does this mod have which would require a save game search and purge upon uninstall?

Thanks
-LC-
Always expect the unexpected, and you will never be surprised.

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 15:54

Hi Leafcutter - thanks for your interest in this mod.
Does this mod work by creating an external list of trade tasks which the mod executes one at a time in a loop, using the same move and trade scripts that a ship would use, if I issued each way point instruction separately using vanilla functionality?
... or have you replaced them with a mod specific version of said scripts?
The mod creates a series of custom trade "actions" that are stored in a global list. As you rightly said these are executed in a loop using a custom script to manage each iteration of the loop and a custom script to look for matching trade offers. Movement is achieved using Egosoft's move.generic script - all the custom scripts have the same handler sections for responding to attacks etc as the vanilla trade scripts. Also the custom scripts feature proper graceful <abort> nodes to ensure the ship/npc running the script is left in a sane state if, for example you call the ship back into your squad.
Either way, are the instructions a ship follows subject to all the same universe interruptions? (such as being attacked, defending and re-commencing initial task).
See above - yes they should be - in my game I've had Logistics traders report in when under attack for example.
Even though we can all agree Manager AI is still being improved...does the addition and removal of station wares using this mod confuse the station manager?
The only thing the manager does (as far as I can tell) is to assign ships to certain duties. In the case of trade ships he/she gives them a list of wares that the station needs or sells and the rest is handled by the aiscript running on the captain of the ship. This mod has a small patch in the manager's script that makes the manager ignore logistics ships when assigning new duties. My stations in Devries are flat out producing goods that I can't sell fast enough in Albion and OL (and that's without the hostile PMC stations)!
You have a dedicated un-installer. What hooks does this mod have which would require a save game search and purge upon uninstall?
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I like to leave stuff the way I found it :D . The uninstaller stops all running custom scripts, removes any global data, and removes any blackboard variables that have been written to NPCs. When used as described you should end up with a clean savegame that has no evidence that the mod has ever been used (other than a stupidly high bank balance :D ) If the uninstall procedure was not followed it's possible that there could be a lot of confused ships around that you would have to one-by-one find and order back into your squad. (incidentally the uninstall scripts are lifted directly from Mad Joker's UFO mod)

Hope this helps - feel free to ask any further questions and I'll do my best to help.

Cheers
Wysi :)

Leafcutter
x4

Post by Leafcutter » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 16:39

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds good.

Like you say this will be most useful (initially at least) in setting up loops for refined metals and silicon wafers produced in the plot URV as in my game at least there is nowhere in Devries to sell them.. I will subscribe and test for this purpose.

I haven't read the accompanying manual...does it describe the crew requirement verses trade range - as I have only picked up snippets from this thread about that?

May I suggest as I previously mentioned that in all likelihood the station manager AI will be updated more often by Egosoft and as such you will need to keep an eye on updating this as necessary in order to keep in sync :-)

Thanks again.

-LC-
Always expect the unexpected, and you will never be surprised.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”