[Tool] Save game Editor & CAT\DAT explorer\extracter v0.1.21 (2015-02-02)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How would you like to get the application and updates:

(current) As a Click-Once application, the application is user bound and auto updates
36%
As a Click-Once application (with a selectable install dir), the application is user bound and auto updates (Under the hood the application would create a symlink from the Click-once install dir to the destination dir, not sure if this is possible)
8%
In a zip downloadable from the internet
40%
In a installer with a selectable install path
15%

Total votes: 99

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Mon, 14. Mar 16, 08:50

Hey guys,

have little time to continue development. If there are people who'd like to contribute we could get this up and running again. However I do not have time to code and debug myself. I can however assist.

Please PM me if interested and I will get back to you within a week or so.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 17:47

Request:

Could someone please make an editor that allows a non-scripting artist to modify NPC skins? I'd like to change various NPC characters skins to something more interesting, but I have no clue about modding
This was in the Script & Mod Requests Postit, if it would be possible to make, it would help to attract more modders to rebirth and will enrich graphical options.

Just a suggestion, thanks

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 18:40

the related textures are in assets/characters and sub-folders. its all gzip-compressed dds files, so re-texturing should be simple. no scripting needed at all. just create a subst_01.cat/dat in the mod directory where you put the modified textures to replace existent files rather then include them as mod files. (or alternatively use the subst_01.cat/dat / plain files and change the path in the libraries/material_library.xml to point to the new path)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 21:27

UniTrader wrote:the related textures are in assets/characters and sub-folders. its all gzip-compressed dds files, so re-texturing should be simple. no scripting needed at all. just create a subst_01.cat/dat in the mod directory where you put the modified textures to replace existent files rather then include them as mod files. (or alternatively use the subst_01.cat/dat / plain files and change the path in the libraries/material_library.xml to point to the new path)

@Unitrader: I'll send your response PMed to the guy that wrote that request,ok?

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 08:46

@antoniut: That would defenitly be possible. However as stated above I do not have the time to implement it.

I can however assist in development. The project needs contributors without it development will go at a snails pace.
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 14:55

nemesis1982 wrote:@antoniut: That would defenitly be possible. However as stated above I do not have the time to implement it.

I can however assist in development. The project needs contributors without it development will go at a snails pace.
Sadly for me (cause I would like to) my skills on programming are very low (near zero)
When I see tools like ME3Explorer (some sort of "creation kit") made by community players of Mass effect 3 I think: "damn it, why, X Rebirth community, we don't have tools like this?"

:(

EDIT: It would be possible to "contract" somebody to make it? Who knows...
Last edited by antoniut on Thu, 24. Mar 16, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 15:12

@antoniut: Mass effect is far more main stream and has way more users.

I regretably do not have the financial resources to "contract" someone. If you know anyone who'd invest in that let me know I can always make time if the rewards are high enough ;P

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 15:42

nemesis1982 wrote:@antoniut: Mass effect is far more main stream and has way more users.
I know, i know :) But I've read many times in modders forums (skyrim and others ) that there are a lot of modders-players that buy games, JUST FOR MOD IT! :o There are some who do not even play! :D

More copies sold means more resources to invest in make game better. All helps.

For some strange reason, I would like that X Rebirth and Egosoft, fly high and far...

And people and myself what we get? Hapiness :) (Very needed, in this times)

I regretably do not have the financial resources to "contract" someone.

Or maybe some sort of community donate-contribution to develop it
If you know anyone who'd invest in that let me know I can always make time if the rewards are high enough ;P
How much is it? :P

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 16:04

antoniut wrote: I know, i know :) But I've read many times in modders forums (skyrim and others ) that there are a lot of modders-players that buy games, JUST FOR MOD IT! :o There are some who do not even play! :D
I definietly fall into that category.. :D seriously played for about 2 hours maximum, then i had the first modding ideas :D

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 21:11

UniTrader wrote:
antoniut wrote: I know, i know :) But I've read many times in modders forums (skyrim and others ) that there are a lot of modders-players that buy games, JUST FOR MOD IT! :o There are some who do not even play! :D
I definietly fall into that category.. :D seriously played for about 2 hours maximum, then i had the first modding ideas :D
:thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 30. Jul 16, 15:51

Odd, when trying to open a save file with tool, my Free AVG stopped everything and put it in quaranteen folder saying it had been detected as a General Behavioral Detection.

Now since I have no idea if this is true or not, how can I validate this ?

Identity Protection Results
"Threat Name" "Status" "Detection Time" "Object Type" "Process"
"General behavioral detection, C:\Users\Browser_ice\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\Z5B7233H.EX2\ZH259XVZ.E07\x_re..tion_9a08f7fb9c07704d_0000.0001_0df6343f19200ddd\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.exe" "Secured" "2016-07-30, 09:43:48" "File or Directory" ""

This happened on my very first execution of it after having installed it 5 min ago. I used the link from this thread.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 30. Jul 16, 17:11

your AV probably wants to tell you that it dislikes that this Program changes binary or program files or something like that... something which is necesary for function of this Program obviously - it doesnt have anthing specific against itt, its behavior just matches some very vague "virus" definition of malware

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 11:01

Hi Guys,

since last I posted Duploli has been kind enough to continue my work. I will be updating the main/first post soon to get a new version to you including a link to the github.

Greetz,

Nemesis

PS Please let me know if the save game editor is still used
PS2 I would like to know if anyone is interested in having something similar for X4. I will at least be looking into how compatible the save games are between games

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 11:08

@Browser_ice:
it's a very vague message by your AV. I would expect it is due to the clickOnce functionality, it basicly updates itself and installs in your appdata local.

If you do not trust it you can always run it in sandboxie (https://www.sandboxie.com/) and validate it's behavior first. Do keep in mind that any changes you make will be lost on closing the sandboxie instance though!

PS some AVs will flag just about anything.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”