[Tool] Save game Editor & CAT\DAT explorer\extracter v0.1.21 (2015-02-02)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How would you like to get the application and updates:

(current) As a Click-Once application, the application is user bound and auto updates
36%
As a Click-Once application (with a selectable install dir), the application is user bound and auto updates (Under the hood the application would create a symlink from the Click-once install dir to the destination dir, not sure if this is possible)
8%
In a zip downloadable from the internet
40%
In a installer with a selectable install path
15%

Total votes: 99

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 21:08

cool :)
Look at it this way, if you can get this to work using our "out of the ordinary" saves then it's going to work for anyone :P
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 21:20

Ok there was an issue in the code path for the known lists. Solved it.
inventory items do not always have an amount for some reason. rare engine components for instance. Fixing that now. Ok. it looks like if there is just 1 ware the amount is ommitted. Changed error handling so it gets defaulted.

@NZ-Wanderer: Your save is a nice test save :)
, For now it will give an error because you only have one software component.

Try https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/406 ... v0.1.2.zip

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 22:08

yup, loads with only 4 errors, but since you have my save you already knew that :) - great work...
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 22:16

@NZ: Yeah, I know. You can ignore them. One is more of a warning and the others are know issue I'll solve a bit later.

@alexalsp: In your save 10 the skunk was docked didn't account for that possibility.
It loads the skunk now however there are a number of issues I'll be looking in now.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 22:17

@NZ: Yeah, I know. You can ignore them. One is more of a warning and the others are know issue I'll solve a bit later.

@alexalsp: In your save 10 the skunk was docked didn't account for that possibility.
It loads the skunk now however there are a number of issues I'll be looking in now.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 22:17

Hi nemesis1982,

Got it running! But the drop down menus don't seem to work? Log file here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byl6Ht ... sp=sharing

Would the save be useful to you as well?

save game here:

Last edited by w.evans on Sun, 28. Dec 14, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 22:19

The save would be great evans. I'll se what I can do (the drop down boxes are disabled if there are any issues.

Ok looked at the log and the editor cannot sem to find the player node in your skunk config which has some important data like known types. This also explains why the drop down boxes do not work.

@alexalsp: ok. I see you are walking around on an elephant in save 10. I'll need to mutate somethings and seperate the player object from the rest of the object model for now (until it's complete). I'll look into that tomorrow.

@Evans: Same issue as alexalsp, only you're walking around in the skunk. I'll look into that tomorrow.

@Update: alexalsp and evans just added new version where the player data issue is fixed.

@Minor update: Known items categories list didn't work in some instances, player money can now safely be edited.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 21:55

Just tried the latest version 0.1.5
I still get the software2 error in the log, but am ignoring it :)
However I do have a second error showing up, dunno if it important or not (This is with a new save game):

Code: Select all

Category: Error - Timestamp: 31/12/2014 9:50:15 a.m. 
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.ClusterData..ctor(XmlNode clusterNode) in c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\ClusterData.cs:line 39
StackTrace:    at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.ClusterData..ctor(XmlNode clusterNode) in c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\ClusterData.cs:line 39

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 22:50

I tried the new 1.5 version. Opened, maintained, uploaded, I think all changes are applied, the file is downloaded without problems. Thank you.

bat in log i have same err above.

good job. :thumb_up:
Last edited by alexalsp on Tue, 30. Dec 14, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 22:50

nemesis1982 wrote:Known items categories list didn't work in some instances, player money can now safely be edited.
Ahem. I may have, on occasion, added some things to my inventory which I have yet to discover in the game. Like Paranid Jewelry. And Mk2 Masers.

Thanks for the update!

edit: Was pleasantly surprised that it loaded my save with no issues whatsoever! Didn't try editing anything yet, but all of the knobs and drop-down menus seemed to work.

Your log asked me nicely to tell you this though:

Category: Error - Timestamp: 30.Dec.2014 11:00:08 PM
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.ClusterData..ctor(XmlNode clusterNode) in c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\ClusterData.cs:line 39
StackTrace: at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.ClusterData..ctor(XmlNode clusterNode) in c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\ClusterData.cs:line 39
----------------------------------------
Category: Error - Timestamp: 30.Dec.2014 11:00:08 PM
Message: Attribute game original does not exist. Is there something wrong with the save file?
at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.SaveGameInfoData.get_GameCreationVersion() in c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\SaveGameInfoData.cs:line 153
StackTrace: at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.SaveGameInfoData.get_GameCreationVersion() in c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\SaveGameInfoData.cs:line 153

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 23:14

It added a lot of line terminators (Hex 0A)

The <save/> node used to read:

<save name="Quicksave" date="1419975521"/>

now, it reads:

<save
name="Quicksave"
date="1419975521" />

Not an issue if we'll use the editor exclusively, but I occasionally do stuff in there when I'm testing. Would it be ok to make it so that it didn't do that? No problem if it's too much of a hassle to change.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 23:35

Tried just editing the money. The game sadly wouldn't load the save. Gets stuck at 85% then goes back to 0% and counts up again, although I don't know if that means anything.

log here:

pre- and post-edit saves here:

Hope that helps.

My saves are probably not typical of the saves of most of the people who will use the editor though, so I'll understand if you won't want to make it so that it'll work with my saves.

edit: was looking through the thread again, and found it funny how so many people save somewhere other than in the cockpit of the Skunk.

edit 2: also got a rather interesting debuglog with multiple initialization failures. Backed it up if you want a copy, but I don't know of how much use it would be to you. It's usually useful to trace where exactly a mod failed, but since you could see the output directly, might not be so useful.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 23:54

Hey Guys, in the hospital ta the moment so I'll keep it short.

@w.evans: I've been fidgeting with that (Line terminators). I'll add it to the list of todo's. But it doesn't have a high prio at the moment.

Thanks for the log extract (cluster child is know I need to change it to a warning. It's nothing serious. I've found that the original game version attribute gets created if the game is loaded and saved in different version than in which it was created. It's just an informational attribute though nothing serious.

Glad everything worked.

@alexalsp: You can ignore the errors for now. Thnx.

@NZ: The software 2 is a known issue, will be fixed in one of the coming versions.

@Cluster child node errors this is the lens flare. It's on the list to get fixed.

@All: thnx for the feedback.

@NZ new post: I'll look into the save but it could take a few days. Depends on the baby. What kind of debug log? From rebirth? I might be able to do something with it. Just upload it and I'll see what I can do.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 00:02

nemesis1982 wrote:Hey Guys, in the hospital ta the moment.
Congratulations? If so, go, that's more important. You'll have enough sleepless nights in the coming several months to work on the editor.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 00:24

@nemesis1982: If you use the C# XML DOM to generate the XML then line terminators should not be an issue as the DOM outputs the most compact form of the XML. Not sure how you are outputting the XML but I would bet it is not that way.

@all: If you have a game save with a loading problem try opening and saving it using my Visual XML Editor, it may sort out the problems.

FWIW XML is supposed to be a free form language and any white space should be basically be ignored that includes TAB (0x09), SPACE (0x20), FF (0x0c), LF (0x0a) and possibly others. Not all XML parsers may stick to the nominal rules though so avoiding formatting white space is probably best all round - especially with the game save files as they are large enough already.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 00:34

@alexalsp: You can ignore the errors for now. Thnx.
Yes. The file opens without problems. These errors only in the log.

Category: Verbose - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:14 
Category: Verbose - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:14 
Category: Verbose - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:17 
Category: Verbose - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:22 
Category: Error - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:27 
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.ClusterData..ctor(XmlNode clusterNode) в c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\ClusterData.cs:строка 39
StackTrace:    в X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.ClusterData..ctor(XmlNode clusterNode) в c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\ClusterData.cs:строка 39
Category: Error - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:27 
Message: Attribute game original  does not exist. Is there something wrong with the save file?
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.SaveGameInfoData.get_GameCreationVersion() в c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\SaveGameInfoData.cs:строка 153
StackTrace:    в X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.SaveGameInfoData.get_GameCreationVersion() в c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\SaveGameInfoData.cs:строка 153
Category: Verbose - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:40:37 

And if possible, add showing the message when the save is complete. (The file has been successfully saved.)
Last edited by alexalsp on Wed, 31. Dec 14, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 00:43

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:@all: If you have a game save with a loading problem try opening and saving it using my Visual XML Editor, it may sort out the problems.
I'll give it a shot.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 00:54

@w.evans: Not yet. Just waiting now. The misses is sleeping a bit. I do need to pas the time while waiting I have terrible couch to lie on so can't really sleep anyway :( I'll get some shut eye now as well.

@Roger: Yeah I know. I am using the c# XML DOM. In the debug builds however I have some options enabled to add these. There multiple reasons:
1. I can read it with a simple text editor (just for my convenience)
2. The original save game I have has line termination characters as well and I've tried to get the output as close to it as I could in a short time span. I know these characters are useless for XML but it is nice when the result is human readable.

The newer builds will have an option to get the default output. Or the output with line ends.

@alexalsp: same errors nothing serious just ignore them.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 12:50

Hi nemesis1982,

I posted this in Roger's thread, but I thought that this information might be useful to you as well. It concerns the save of mine that wouldn't load after processing using your editor.

It turned this line:

<connection connection="conn_engine_main01" macro="conn_engine_main01">
into this:

<connection
connection="c="conn_engine_main01"
macro="conn_engine_main01">
Roger's XML Editor gave this error message:

Message: 'co' is an unexpected token. Expecting white space. Line 14636, position 16.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 15:41

nemesis1982 wrote:@Roger: Yeah I know. I am using the c# XML DOM. In the debug builds however I have some options enabled to add these. There multiple reasons:
1. I can read it with a simple text editor (just for my convenience)
2. The original save game I have has line termination characters as well and I've tried to get the output as close to it as I could in a short time span. I know these characters are useless for XML but it is nice when the result is human readable.

The newer builds will have an option to get the default output. Or the output with line ends.
Fair enough, I would highlight that XML formatting errors should not be possible if you are using the XML DOM (System.Xml.XmlDocument) though as it should escape and validate things properly. :gruebel: Just using the System.Xml.XmlWriter is probably not sufficient to ensure the output XML is legal.

@ all: A small update to the Visual XML Editor has been released that hopefully provides a clear indication of XML Errors in files that are attempted to be loaded into it. In addition, the example plug-in has been updated to format the XML text and provide simple real-time validation on editing.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”