[Tool] Save game Editor & CAT\DAT explorer\extracter v0.1.21 (2015-02-02)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How would you like to get the application and updates:

(current) As a Click-Once application, the application is user bound and auto updates
36%
As a Click-Once application (with a selectable install dir), the application is user bound and auto updates (Under the hood the application would create a symlink from the Click-once install dir to the destination dir, not sure if this is possible)
8%
In a zip downloadable from the internet
40%
In a installer with a selectable install path
15%

Total votes: 99

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 00:34

@alexalsp: You can ignore the errors for now. Thnx.
Yes. The file opens without problems. These errors only in the log.

Code: Select all

----------------------------------------
Category: Verbose - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:14 
Category: Verbose - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:14 
Category: Verbose - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:17 
Category: Verbose - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:22 
Category: Error - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:27 
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.ClusterData..ctor(XmlNode clusterNode) в c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\ClusterData.cs:строка 39
StackTrace:    в X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.ClusterData..ctor(XmlNode clusterNode) в c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\ClusterData.cs:строка 39
Category: Error - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:39:27 
Message: Attribute game original  does not exist. Is there something wrong with the save file?
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.SaveGameInfoData.get_GameCreationVersion() в c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\SaveGameInfoData.cs:строка 153
StackTrace:    в X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.DataStructure.SaveGameInfoData.get_GameCreationVersion() в c:\Dev\XRebirth\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\Source\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor\DataStructure\SaveGameInfoData.cs:строка 153
Category: Verbose - Timestamp: 31.12.2014 1:40:37 

And if possible, add showing the message when the save is complete. (The file has been successfully saved.)
Last edited by alexalsp on Wed, 31. Dec 14, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 00:43

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:@all: If you have a game save with a loading problem try opening and saving it using my Visual XML Editor, it may sort out the problems.
I'll give it a shot.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 00:54

@w.evans: Not yet. Just waiting now. The misses is sleeping a bit. I do need to pas the time while waiting I have terrible couch to lie on so can't really sleep anyway :( I'll get some shut eye now as well.

@Roger: Yeah I know. I am using the c# XML DOM. In the debug builds however I have some options enabled to add these. There multiple reasons:
1. I can read it with a simple text editor (just for my convenience)
2. The original save game I have has line termination characters as well and I've tried to get the output as close to it as I could in a short time span. I know these characters are useless for XML but it is nice when the result is human readable.

The newer builds will have an option to get the default output. Or the output with line ends.

@alexalsp: same errors nothing serious just ignore them.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 12:50

Hi nemesis1982,

I posted this in Roger's thread, but I thought that this information might be useful to you as well. It concerns the save of mine that wouldn't load after processing using your editor.

It turned this line:

<connection connection="conn_engine_main01" macro="conn_engine_main01">
into this:

<connection
connection="c="conn_engine_main01"
macro="conn_engine_main01">
Roger's XML Editor gave this error message:

Message: 'co' is an unexpected token. Expecting white space. Line 14636, position 16.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 15:41

nemesis1982 wrote:@Roger: Yeah I know. I am using the c# XML DOM. In the debug builds however I have some options enabled to add these. There multiple reasons:
1. I can read it with a simple text editor (just for my convenience)
2. The original save game I have has line termination characters as well and I've tried to get the output as close to it as I could in a short time span. I know these characters are useless for XML but it is nice when the result is human readable.

The newer builds will have an option to get the default output. Or the output with line ends.
Fair enough, I would highlight that XML formatting errors should not be possible if you are using the XML DOM (System.Xml.XmlDocument) though as it should escape and validate things properly. :gruebel: Just using the System.Xml.XmlWriter is probably not sufficient to ensure the output XML is legal.

@ all: A small update to the Visual XML Editor has been released that hopefully provides a clear indication of XML Errors in files that are attempted to be loaded into it. In addition, the example plug-in has been updated to format the XML text and provide simple real-time validation on editing.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 18:21

@W.evans: I'll look into the root cause of that. Not sure when yet though.

@Roger: I think the conformance level isn't set correctly I'll look into that.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 31. Dec 14, 22:43

nemesis1982 wrote:@W.evans: I'll look into the root cause of that. Not sure when yet though.

@Roger: I think the conformance level isn't set correctly I'll look into that.
I would not expect to see the kind of broken XML w.evans reported regardless of the level of conformancy, that has never been legal XML to my knowledge. If you have Asynch set in the XmlWriterSettings instance then I would probably try turning it off, Asynchronous writing of XML could potentially be the root cause of that kind of malformed XML.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Thu, 1. Jan 15, 12:14

@Roger: It's set to default now which I assumed was synchronous. I'll check it out when I have the time. I wouldn't have expected it as well, but hey live and learn. It's been a few years since I've done anything with XML or DOM so maybe I've just gotten rusty.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 1. Jan 15, 12:50

@nemesis1982: I have been working with C# .NET XML DOM as part of my day job for at least the past year - not had a need to use the XmlWriter much though, prefer to avoid directly formatting the XML since most decent XML editors will fold/format it for you (assuming they can load it that is - many don't like large XML files IME).

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Thu, 1. Jan 15, 18:31

@Roger: How do you output the XMl then? Do you just output the outer XML to a file?

I've never really written XML to a file (with c#) so I just grabbed an example from MSDN. All the projects I've done (with c#) using XML where for integration purposes and they used MSMQ, webservices or a database to pass along and in the last case store the XML.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 1. Jan 15, 20:13

@nemesis: Essentially yes, usage of the XmlWriter is not required as the XML DOM Object can read/write directly to/from a standard stream or string buffer or even directly to/from a file (c/f Load/Save XmlDocument methods).

It may or may not use an XmlWriter/XmlReader instances internally but it is not something I have to deal with. Just look at the source for the Visual XML Editor for the basic patterns I use.

BTW for the XmlDocument instance it is the InnerXml not the OuterXml property.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Fri, 2. Jan 15, 19:41

@Roger: I see now I missed the overload which didn't need the XMLWriter. Thnx for pointing that out. I'm going to try and reproduce w.evanse issue later on.

@All: Might release a new version end of the weekend with some under the hood changes and pick up development mid next week. Just enjoying my time with my little boy now ;)

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 2. Jan 15, 20:07

nemesis1982 wrote:Just enjoying my time with my little boy now ;)
CONGRATULATIONS!

I think I posted both pre- and post-editor saves somewhere on this thread.

Yup! Posted them one page up. Hope it helps!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 2. Jan 15, 21:02

Congrats nemesis, enjoy these times while you can - kids grow up faster than we would like somethimes. ;)

hatchets
x3ap

Post by hatchets » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 11:34

With the death of the save editor that lets you add the materials to your construction ship ques, i am now watching with great interest hoping you add that functionality in time, cos i must say, it is a mind melting pain to organize each stages resource gathering when a ship could be lost, a ship can bug out, someone loses there construction drones, someone just vanishes, ect ect ect ect.

Merry Christmas, happy new year and all the best!!!

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 20:45

@hatchets: I'll add it to the feature list.

@Evans & Roger: Thank you.

@Roger: I can't wait for him to start to talk :D

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 4. Jan 15, 13:47

nemesis1982 wrote:@Roger: I can't wait for him to start to talk :D
You will probably regret it later ;)

hatchets
x3ap

Post by hatchets » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 22:19

[quote="nemesis1982"]@hatchets: I'll add it to the feature list.

@Evans & Roger: Thank you.

@Roger: I can't wait for him to start to talk :D[/quote]

Any clue as to when the next update will be? no rush intended, just curious :)

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 22:25

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
nemesis1982 wrote:@Roger: I can't wait for him to start to talk :D
You will probably regret it later ;)
The problem before long is getting them to stop! It's all fun. But they do grow up way too fast.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 22:34

@Hatchets: Yes. Right now, only under the hood changes and cat/dat extractor for now. I'm hoping to get another version out in the weekend. But I do get distracted (and peed over) a lot at the moment ;)

@w.evans: It's wierd but he already looks different then the pictures of his first day :)

@Roger: I tried using your suggested method for saving the XML however the file got twice as large a lot of formatting characters are added for some reason. I might have misunderstood you though. I commented the code I was using for now. If you want you can take a look. What I want is the output to be exactly the same as the input formatting wise.

@All: New version out see main page for changes.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”