MIS: More Immersive Skunk -- [POC] New Interiors, subsytems etc

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Mon, 25. May 15, 18:20

I'm fixing a few bugs here and there but a new version should be incoming soon. It's a little performance heavy as each part was designed as a standalone... Obviously your mileage will vary

Stay tuned :)

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Fri, 29. May 15, 06:10

And ... we're nearly to BETA!!!!! Yay!!!

New version:

Things I'd recommend ...

1. Get an engineer :)
2. Dock -- it'll repair most of you systems if they're destroyed/damaged (up to around 75%)
3. Don't get any damage to the Skunk!!!!
4. Use the default pit
5. Avoid things that shoot at you!
6. Be prepared for engine failure ... if your engines are badly damaged, you'll end up not having a fly-by-wire system resulting in the Skunk driving like a tank. Literally. (Remember the two big left/right engines on the back?)
7. Dock when you have damage -- ooh, I already said that.
8. Space is dangerous...avoid meteroid or ion showers .... unless you wanna go scavengeninging ;)
9. CHECK YOUR PLAYER STATS FOR SHIP DETAILS!!!

Not all systems are fully functional, but I gotta say I can't play without.

If FPS are poor, don't use the DX9 injector (sweetfx) .... I like it ... but you may not ... or it may lower your frame rates ... your choice :)

REMEmBER: This is an almost-beta-release!!!!

***DOWNLOAD***

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54191035/MIS.7z

Feedback welcome and appreciated :)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 29. May 15, 08:58

:lol:

Senner

Post by Senner » Fri, 29. May 15, 22:51

@Ginger470

Looks interesting!
Definitely going to follow the development of this.

Could you post some more info on what it does and what has changed with the last update?

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Sat, 30. May 15, 01:02

README AVAILABLE (not all systems are finished, so the readme is still WIP as well)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/541 ... Manual.pdf

@Senner ... good timing ... readme is above.

Changes in the latest version:

+Skunk should repair in all stations and/or with engineer onboard. All stations will repair the Skunks hull to 75% -- this is done because you'll find yourself needing to be repaired more often!
+ Fixed some bugs with a few subsytems
+ Added ability to shelter from micro-meteorite storms (close proximity to stations large ships)
+Changed Flight dynamics for non-assisted flight (flies more like a tank steers rather than the old version which was more like how an aircraft flew)

NOTE: If you think this is too hardcore, don't be fooled ;) The skunk will get more damage and there's all sorts of stats you can look at (under the player stats menu), but really it's just a case of docking every now and then to repair her.

Easy!

Senner

Post by Senner » Sat, 30. May 15, 12:17

@Ginger470 : Good stuff!

I've had a brief look at this mod, and it seems to me that the flight mechanics have changed. I think I remember more inertia related 'drifting' in the previous versions. Is there a way to temporarily turn off the dampers to use less shield power?
Obviously the Skunk would continue to fly in the same direction.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Sat, 30. May 15, 14:41

@senner:

Inertial drifting or (semi)newtonian flight only happens when the engine's thrust vectoring gets damaged -- usually through a hydraulic leak. I think previous releases may have had semi-newtonian flight active by default for testing, but I'm heading toward the systems control and power management part of the mod so all systems have now been set to their default status (on, 100% power, close to vanilla) in preparation.

Power control is probably the next module -- so intertial dampers and the ability to turn on/off (semi)newtonian flight will be covered with that.

Hope that helps.

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Sun, 31. May 15, 01:09

Excited to try this mod.
Reading through the posts I agree with the philosophy of maintaining vanilla ship control until taking damage. Immersively it makes sense.
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Sun, 31. May 15, 18:52

Updated first post to include text from readme ... but please download the PDF ... it's much better laid out so easier to understand ;)

Niradil
x4

Post by Niradil » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 18:06

Hi Gringer, thanks a lot for your amazing work, it's PERFECT :D

But i've a small problem (sorry for my bad english), your HUD doesn't work, he's not complete.

I used your old version, and now, with your new version, i've that :( :
http://s16.postimg.org/x9amyp3lx/XRebir ... _27_22.png

{Image replaced with Link - UniTrader}

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 18:39

just some questions to filter out possible causes:
A) did you clear the old Mod Version? Files which had been removed by the Author but which remain in your Installation could cause this. (possibly do a clean uninstall of the old Version from the Savegame and then re-install the current Version)

B) Does it work as intended in a New Game? (not suggesting to start a new game, just want to know if the Problem is specific to the Installation or the Savegame)

also i replaced your Image with a Link because
Forum Rule #8 wrote:Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size
;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Niradil
x4

Post by Niradil » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 18:50

Thanks UniTrader for the link, now i know :)

It work with a new game.

For the old version, she have the same bug, because I remove the mod, and I had reactivated between two saves, I hoped that the new version fixes this bug, but no.

Before installing the new version, I only delete all files of the old version, it is not enough ? :(

How clean a save game properly ?

Again, sorry for my bad english, and thanks for you reply :)

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 04:08

@Niradil

The problem is most likely the uninstall you did ... the hud thinks it's working so it's not redrawing the main image.

I'll see if I can get a fix out for this situation.

Niradil
x4

Post by Niradil » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 04:16

I look your topic every hour for more than a month awaiting an update, your work is absolutely amazing.

I hope my problem can be solved, I know you warned not to save with the old version, but your mod was beautiful.

My save contains 340 hours of game, I really hope you can help me ^^

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 23:22

I am testing your mod too and I like it a lot. Great work.
I am using many mods, but also the X:R Conquer mod v0.15, and works amazing together as far as I can tell. In fights a lot of things going on in the cockpit :)
You can see the mod in action in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCJGLqlOvd0

Can't wait for more. keep up the good work. :D
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

Lugburz
x4

Post by Lugburz » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 19:15

Testing the mod too with a few mods (tested it alone too) and noticed some bugs :

Started a new game in free play and I have problems buying weapons and engine from a mechanic trader.
Buying an Inertial hammer MK1 or MK2 makes the weapon disappearing from the vendor list and not installed on the skunk (money is used)
About engines, the window closes and cursor disappear before accepting the trade.

Tested the same after removing all MIS mods, it's back to normal but reinstalling the mod after that screws up the mod UI and weapon slots becomes weird ( one inertial hammer fonctionnal, another one in red and not usable)

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 21:07

@Informer: Great video!!! How's MIS feeling for balance? Any issues so far?

@Lugburz: Can you start a new game with ONLY MIS installed and see if you get the same results buying weapons and engines?

Thank you!!!

Lugburz
x4

Post by Lugburz » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 21:48

Ok, ran some tests with a new gamestart with your mods only and still got the same problems.

I found the culprit about the engine upgrade :
mis_flight_vector_engines

As soon as i remove this one only, upgrading engine works fine :)

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 23:08

I will let you more about the balance soon. At the moment I have some issues with some missions what don't complete. I use a heavily modded game, so I don't know what is going on with that yet.
Also I have that bug that when i want to get out of the game, it takes 10 min that XR will respond again. :( But this problem also occurs with XR vanilla players. Egosoft did say they will bring a patch for this problem soon.

But anyway, I still playing and the performance still keeps acceptable in fights. Maybe I will start a new game with just a few mods, and give it some testing. If I had only more time...... :headbang: :P

BTW, A friend is also playing with your mod, but he had some save game issues. Is there a way to uninstall the mod, in a right way?

Greetzzzz
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 23:28

@Lugburz - Great information! Thank you so much for doing that!

@Informer: Honestly, I haven't looked into uninstalling ... it's on my todo.

Thanks for the feedback guys and gals :)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”