MIS: More Immersive Skunk -- [POC] New Interiors, subsytems etc

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 11:42

Ginger470 wrote:@NZ-Wanderer,

Are you using the 'crane' cockpit or whatever it's called? The one with the uprights? If so, I think that's about the only cockpit the hud doesn't work with -- I'll need to figure that one out
Hehe I can never remember which one it is, so here a very short video of it and the HUD :)
http://youtu.be/0pXanFwo4Ms
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 11:50

TY NZ-Wanderer!

That's the pit I was thinking it would be -- should fit the other three fine.

Primarily I'm designing around the original pit (lore wise that's the Albion Pride's standard) -- so there will be extra features available there. That said, that 'crane' hud will be reworked at some point.

BTW does anyone know what proportions of pit usage there is? Do people stick with one pit throughout or swap depending o mood?

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 18:15

Ginger470 wrote:BTW does anyone know what proportions of pit usage there is? Do people stick with one pit throughout or swap depending o mood?
Well personally I only use the one I showed, I find it is the best for my way of playing the game, and yes I tried them all before settling for the one I use now :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Sao t'Lp
x4

Post by Sao t'Lp » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 23:39

Sad news here: Unfortunately after a while the dampers stopped working. In oder to play I had to turn off the newtonian mechanics. Don't know if thats the cause, but immediatly after turning the extension off and restarting the game, the dampers still worked. Will start a new game and see if the problem persists and try to break them again. :twisted:

Edit: Ok, they broke after I docked and undocked somewhere... Starting a new game fixes the problem, restarting the game and continuing a savegame doesn't.
You want Split? :split:

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 11:43

@Sao t'Lp

TY! Bug confirmed and fixed! New download available.

Usual caveats apply.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/541 ... Rebirth.7z

dannyxx30
x4

Post by dannyxx30 » Mon, 8. Dec 14, 22:50

This is a really cool project, I hope it's all coming along well.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Mon, 8. Dec 14, 23:40

TY dannyxx30 :)

It's coming along... I've finished weapons and have most of the engines done. I can't quite figure out whether the Skunk is supposed to have one engine or two. Seems from the scripts that engines are always upgraded in pairs, but I've not played enough to know whether you can buy 1xmk5 and 1x mk3 and install them asymmetrically.

The I just trying to figure out how best to make an interface for the power management -- which'll be the the awkward part.

Plus I have to write modules for the environmental controls, decontamination, shields ... and ... I think that's all ;)

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 04:41

Things are moving :)

Here's a really horrible, screen-cast-omatic-sucks-the-life-outa-my-machine-type gameplay video with MIS enabled ... see what you spot ;)

Seems complicated, but it's not .... there are a lot of components that can go wrong and if they do you're skunked until they're repaired ;) Easy.

MIS: More Immersive Skunk ... Made it Spacey ... Most Intense Stuff ... Ma, I'm Scared

THIS IS HEAVILY WIP --THINGS ARE PLACEHOLDERYISH (maybe):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMXdkdM0WWM

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that"

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 19:39

So no-one spotted the new rooms the skunk has at 4:13 ? :D

I'm thinking that to control the power usage (maybe even repair stuff), you have to go to the corresponding room in the skunk and activate a terminal.

eg, to repair the engines, you'd have to go to the engine room, activate the terminal in there and sort stuff out.

What do ya think ... to much of a pain in the butt to have to walk from one end of the ship to the other?

Senner

Post by Senner » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 21:48

Would love to try it out, but unfortunately I don't have a pc at the moment.
Keep it up. The project looks awesome.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 21:49

:o

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 23:49

Ginger470 wrote:Things are moving :)
Does the download link have those new rooms? - if so I might have to just try it again :P

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 01:53

Not yet NZ .... still ironing out a few bugs ... and besides, you're not allowed to use it until you choose another cockpit :P

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 12:09

Ginger470 wrote:Not yet NZ .... still ironing out a few bugs ... and besides, you're not allowed to use it until you choose another cockpit :P
Gets out a marker pen and quickly draws a cockpit on the screen that sort of looks like one of the other ones...
There ya go, I using another cockpit now :P

blackmilan
xr

Post by blackmilan » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 12:44

Your new skunk interior is quite cool. Can we also get access to the second deck now? :P But I guess there is no "ladder climbing" animation for Ren, so getting up there might look a bit ugly.

Seeing your systems failing over time after the battle surely belongs to the "MIS: Ma, I'm Scared" part. Your work is really impressing I am curious what comes next.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 13:48

@blackmilan

Second deck isn't there yet ... it's taken a while to figure out stuff with the skunk's magazine... and placing objects is a sloooowwww process. Not sure what to do with the ladder yet, but obviously the second deck is where the actions at.

System's failure is a big threat. In the video, you can see the ship I attacked did me a load of hull damage which in turn blew out a load of subsytems. The biggest issue was with the engine fail and the hydraulics leak ... when engines get damaged, you'll slow down as in previous games ... and if hydraulics fail, you'll end up in a semi-newtonian flight model -- it makes running away a lot more difficult (and tense).

Plus the hydraulics fail also meant I lost the 'weapons loader' meaning I couldn't arm any weapons.

@NZ .... pics or it didn't happen :D

twistedtech
x3tc

Post by twistedtech » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 14:51

Been watching on the sidelines waiting on when to buy the game. With Ver 3.1 out and your fine work, I finally did. 8)

Your mod looks awesome! I can't wait to give it a try :o :)
Try not to let your mind wander... It is too small to be out by itself.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 15:38

I'd hold off installing for the moment (at least unless you just wanna peak)... it's seriously pre-alpha :)

twistedtech
x3tc

Post by twistedtech » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 16:30

That's ok, if I notice something odd, I'll mention it. I probably won't be playing till after the holiday anyway.

This is an excellent idea that is being well implemented. My hat's off to you for trying this project. Rome wasn't built in a day! :wink:

Going further, my hat's off to Ego as well for allowing access to the files for a mod such as this. Always have been a cockpit fan but to have access to the "whole" ship is over the top.

I've been away from this forum for a while. It's nice to be back.
Try not to let your mind wander... It is too small to be out by itself.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 19:12

Then Welcome back :)

I'm a cockpit fan also. Cut my teeth back in the day with Falcon 4 ... loved that sim but never had the time to learn how to fly. Been playing X since BTF and loved the immersion but missed having a 'real' ship to fly.

Ego did such a great job with the cockpit this time around it seemed a real shame to just have it sit there not doing much. Same with the rest of the interior.

I don't want to go too far with the sim part of this, but having a ship with bits and bobs really helps connect with the Skunk ... and as it's the only available one ... well ... you know ... let's make it special ;)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”