[MOD] Capital Ship Bridge

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 14:35

jeroll3d wrote:Hey, the chair is my, get up... get up... :lol:
yep, thats what i wanted to tell the chair, too..- litauen bolted it to the Station interior in the last Version so i cannt move it anymore via xml :( well, will place my logos as planned, but the chair has to stay there for the moment..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 14:49

I have some light issues with the last one.
It is really great that it is darker now but at some areas the whole bridge is bright while in others it is dark.
Problem with engine or mod?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Arkangel1981

Post by Arkangel1981 » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 19:27

x rebirth slowly transforms into what should have been
thanks for your effort, could place it in the nexus when you have time ?

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 19:29

Wow, this is very impressive indeed. I think the sitting crew really completes it, at this point - eliminates the remaining awkwardness of crew standing around, getting their legs tired all day.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 19:38

ok, i finished it :D finally Logos in the bridge - soon.tm :D :P (some stuff still has to be sorted out in the scripting part, but i have to go now..)

here some previews - Chair was not bolted onto the Platform, i just looked in the wrong file.. the connection logic there is a bit messy, but i think thats probably because litauen is using tools instead of editing raw xmls..

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 21:16

UniTrader wrote:ok, i finished it :D finally Logos in the bridge - soon.tm :D :P (some stuff still has to be sorted out in the scripting part, but i have to go now..)

here some previews - Chair was not bolted onto the Platform, i just looked in the wrong file.. the connection logic there is a bit messy, but i think thats probably because litauen is using tools instead of editing raw xmls..
Hey :D

Can sit in chair?
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Litauen
xr

Post by Litauen » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 21:41

Version update: 1.24 Security and operators

[ external image ]

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 21:44

Bring some water, this guy is on fire :D

I'm tempted not to wait for 2.50 and try it on 2.20 as well just to see it at work...if it works...

Ynesra

Post by Ynesra » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 22:00

Now it looks epic!!! Is it possible to make the screens to show actual info about capships hull, shield, systems etc?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 22:17

as i just announced in my other Topic i have added optional Support for this Extension :D i also moved the captain in his Chair and added 2 other Chairs to A) make some space for my Logo and B) give the Admiral/Player a Seat there ;) feel free to add my changes to your Extension if you want, i will remove them then ;)

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 22:27

I no make more comment

Tomorrow, probably, we have all interior ship work with panels, NPCs, flowers and PANKAKES!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Litauen
xr

Post by Litauen » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 23:17

@UniTrader - great work! I like your idea about the 3 seats. Just not sure who sits on the 3rd one? Send me diff I will include it in the mod.

@Ynesra - that would be super cool if holographic screens with live info would be in front of the Captain around the perimeter of the central area.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 23:29

Litauen wrote:@UniTrader - great work! I like your idea about the 3 seats. Just not sure who sits on the 3rd one? Send me diff I will include it in the mod.
3rd Seat is for the 2nd in Command of that Ship (i think somebody like this is not implemented yet, maybe add some non-talkable NPC in his seat for the moment ^^)

diff files are in the last Version of my Faction Logo Mod ;) ( Extensions/UTFactionLogos/Extensions/litauen_capital_ship_bridge/... - yes, you can mod mod files this way :D )
feel free to add the other stuff in there, too - it wont disturb if my mod is not installed and i can remove that folder completely from my Extension ^^

Litauen
xr

Post by Litauen » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 14:42

Need help. I want to add some (spoken) sounds to the bridge. Similar to the Station Announcements Mod.
Please suggest something appropriate, like speech, text, youtube, etc. No need for ambient music.
Example: "Low-pressure leak in the compartment ABC is neutralized." Thank you.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 18:03

Ooh, that sounds fun :)

DO: "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

Engineer: "We had a reactor leak here now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous."

DO: "Careful you idiot! I said across her nose, not up it!"

Pilot assigned to fighter: "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."

Captain: "Even with an IQ of 6000 its still brown trousers time."

Captain/Architect: "All your base are belong to us."

DO: "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum".

DO then Engineer: "Step up to red alert." " Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb."

Captain: "Asteroids do not concern me, Defence Officer. I want that ship, not excuses."

Dr. Zachary Smith edit:
Pharmaceutical Agent: "I'm a doctor, not a space explorer. "

Weapons Technologist: "Give my regards to oblivion."

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 20:33

Engineer: "You can fix anything with a little bit of tape, that's what they teach at those engineering schools."

But really, that's what they teach.

Goooood work @Litauen :)

Just a small idea passing by, you could place a invisible barrier above a empty chair.
That way, the player can come to the chair, jump, and press crouch button in the middle of jump, and quickly steer to the side to get on the chair.
Thanks to that invisible barrier above the chair, player will be stuck in crouch position on top of a chair, which gives the feeling of "sitting on a chair".

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 20:40

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Just a small idea passing by, you could place a invisible barrier above a empty chair.
That way, the player can come to the chair, jump, and press crouch button in the middle of jump, and quickly steer to the side to get on the chair.
Thanks to that invisible barrier above the chair, player will be stuck in crouch position on top of a chair, which gives the feeling of "sitting on a chair".
for the same purpose i used another solution: the middle Chair which comes with my Faction Logo Mod has the nocollision tag set, which means you can walk through it ;) Head Position is a bit too high, but still gives the impression you "sit" there while standing in it ;)

SupraRZ
x4

Post by SupraRZ » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 03:00

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Engineer: "You can fix anything with a little bit of tape, that's what they teach at those engineering schools."

But really, that's what they teach.

Goooood work @Litauen :)

Just a small idea passing by, you could place a invisible barrier above a empty chair.
Bet your loving this mod lol ...
Wonder if it's possible to implement the actual skunk chair and part cutscene .. :D
I'm getting fps drops looking at the bridge ceiling ..

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 15:21

Actually I haven't used this mod myself yet :( Iam a little bit afraid about compactibility and uninstallation, and future X Rebirth updates.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 15:34

Have not installed this yet but will surely do later to day; it looks really impressive! Well done! And the darker version seems to looks much better.

Would be really nice if any of the monitors would show the radar view!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”