Mods that are reported as working with Versions 2.50 to 4.3x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 22:57

wwdragon wrote:Needs Sticky!
Would be nice if we had a sticky to show mod comparability for current version out at all times. :wink:
Well what I plan to do is maintain this through all version releases, moving all the working ones to the not tested part on each release then moving them back up again once they been checked or updated :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 00:28

Great thread :) Just tested MIS: Hot Engines and it's working with 2.5 :)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=367766

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 02:33

Thanks for that Ginger470, added to list :)

Have also updated a couple more from "not tested" to "working" after playing last night..
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 09:37

Excellent Thread ...especially for new players or for those returning after a break....

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 10:27

I had quite a collection of mods installed with 2.5bRC6 last night so perhaps that is the problem but I couldn't get TAF! to work.

Anyone have any ideas? I think they are all listed as compatible with the beta in the OP. Only exception being Sidebar Extendion but that is a prerequisite for YAT so I presume we could add that to the list?

Mods I was using with 2.5bRC6 game:
Faster Ships v1.0
Galaxy Station Range v1.2
Orange Mouse Cursor (1 Apr version)
Player Shipyards v1.1
Populate Player Stations (4 Aug version)
Radio Silence v1.0
Shut Up Ren! v1.0
Station Announcements v1.32
Faster Ships v1.0
Sidebar Extendion (7 Sep version)
TAF! v1.1
World War X v2.0
Yet Another Trader v1.0

TAF! link for reference:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4384623

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 11:52

I use Sidebar Extension and don't seem to have any problems.
Mind you, that being said, although I have TAF installed I haven't actually tried to use it.

Mazuo
x4

Post by Mazuo » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 12:02

Been playing for hours now with a lot of the ones already confirmed to work, but thought I'd mention I'm not having any issues with the Shields for L/XL Larger Ship Hulls or Stronger Ship Hulls mods if you're like me and enjoy the capital ships feeling a lot tougher.

Scaldis Cargo Fix seems to work fine converting its entire wares storage to universal. I didn't play long enough without it, but Titurel Engine Fix hasn't appeared to break anything. I'm also running Faster Ships though, so it might be compensating. It will break existing Titurels graphics and possibly function if not used on a new game though I've seen.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 12:50

Mazuo wrote: I didn't play long enough without it, but Titurel Engine Fix hasn't appeared to break anything. I'm also running Faster Ships though, so it might be compensating. It will break existing Titurels graphics and possibly function if not used on a new game though I've seen.
The Titurel Engine Fix will probably need looking at again after they release the next beta RC as they have fixed a bug with Titurel engine shields found in RC6. There is a chance that could interact with the engine fix mod.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 17:07

They already fixed Titurel's engines, there's no point in using that mod, I believe.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 19:15

Maybe a good idea to include mods no longer required due to changes within Rebirth....

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 19:34

It's going to be a very fluid list for at least a few more months I'd think until the game is in a more stable state. Every patch has a huge chance to break every mod out there as we've seen on a fairly monthly basis since last November. Once we reach that stability hopefully between the community efforts like this and UniTraders patience for updating the mod list sticky, we can get a fairly good list of stuff that doesn't break the game again due to reintroducing old code.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 23:44

Ok guys, made a couple of changes to the original post to make things a little more easier to read, and I added a YELLOW option for mods that are not needed anymore :)
Hope this works for you guys...

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 23:48

Titurel says "Thank you" :)

Serious reply: TAF! is working for me so I guess I didn't use it properly or something.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 23:58

We now down to 6 in the Not tested/Not working/Not needed section, great work and thanks for all your help so far guys :)

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 12. Sep 14, 03:41

UniTrader wrote:well, ok. will Link it in the Pinned Extension Overview for now ;) think thats a good enough compromise (too many Stickies are not good you know ;) )
I see what that is; sure, sounds good! :)
NZ-Wanderer wrote:Well what I plan to do is maintain this through all version releases, moving all the working ones to the not tested part on each release then moving them back up again once they been checked or updated :)
Woot! :D
NZ-Wanderer wrote:Ok guys, made a couple of changes to the original post to make things a little more easier to read, and I added a YELLOW option for mods that are not needed anymore :)
Hope this works for you guys...
I like that idea. Colour coding helps at-a-glance finds. 8)
Editing posts since long before I remember.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 12. Sep 14, 10:10

Copilot Convo now fixed for the sidebar + new features.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 12. Sep 14, 16:04

Butter Rewards ..... Working fine ... Nice outfit Yisha.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 12. Sep 14, 16:08

birdtable wrote:Butter Rewards ..... Working fine ... Nice outfit Yisha.
Beta 6 or 7? (latter one was just released ;) )
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 12. Sep 14, 16:11

And so the list goes into motion again. They killed Shady Slater! (insert South Park quotes here). Shady Slater gets removed at startup with the cue to remove the broken pilots from the new long mission chain. Grumbles.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 12. Sep 14, 16:13

Waiting while 7 downloads .... will it be :) or :cry:

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”