[MOD] Player Shipyards and more

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 03:06

Peter Hull wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
.... make sure you in fact didn't get the money (check your status)
Just to clarify, I get the massage with an updated balance but then check my status and find it has remained unchanged.
Seems strange, are you absolutely certain it did not go up? I will have to check when I have time.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 08:23

Noob question (never owned a shipyard): Does the money appear on a shipyard/NPC account?

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 10:34

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Noob question (never owned a shipyard): Does the money appear on a shipyard/NPC account?
Hi Sparky. I did check the Shipyard's Managers account, it didn't change.

I also sent a freighter to dock to remove drones. Again the message to say my account was updated and showed my new balance on the info monitor was ok, the drones were removed ok But when I check status the account was not credited. ( As you would expect if you had just ordered a new ship)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 10:39

Thanks for the reply - I figured you would have checked but I was also hoping for an easy answer to the problem. Still, Super BR is on the case so fingers crossed :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 14:52

Peter Hull wrote:
Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Noob question (never owned a shipyard): Does the money appear on a shipyard/NPC account?

I also sent a freighter to dock to remove drones. Again the message to say my account was updated and showed my new balance on the info monitor was ok, the drones were removed ok But when I check status the account was not credited. ( As you would expect if you had just ordered a new ship)

I am a little confused here. The shipyard manager does not get the money. It goes directly into your account. Now I know for a fact that selling drones works just fine as I did it before but I haven't tested with beta 6 yet.

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 15:06

BlackRain wrote:
Peter Hull wrote:

I am a little confused here. The shipyard manager does not get the money. It goes directly into your account. Now I know for a fact that selling drones works just fine as I did it before but I haven't tested with beta 6 yet.
Hi BlackRain.

I know it's supposed to go into my account, but it didn't hurt to check elsewhere. I just wanted to know if this problem was unique to myself as it may be a mod conflict.

Suppose best option would be a fresh start with no other mods running.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 15:25

Okay, I just checked and you are right, it is not giving the money, which is strange because the last version I played it was working. I will look into it and see if I can figure out something.

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 15:38

@Blackrain,

ok, thanks & good luck. :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 16:30

Well, it is easy enough to reward money for selling a ship. Already got code for that. I am having difficulty with giving money for selling drones though because of the way drone upgrading is done.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 17:02

K, fixed issues with both the capital shipyards and small/medium shipyards. You can now sell ships to both and will get the money. However, still not sure about the drones. It may not be possible due to the way upgrading is done. It appears it references some kind of dronelist which is not as simple as just "sell drone". It is very clear how ships are bought and sold and easily edited but drones are different.

Will upload new version shortly

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 17:10

Thanks BR great work :)

Sorry I have no experience with modding, but as the credit/debit is flashed up on the Skunks monitor, this info must be in a variable or in-game somewhere, perhaps you can grab it from there?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 17:13

Peter Hull wrote:Thanks BR great work :)

Sorry I have no experience with modding, but as the credit/debit is flashed up on the Skunks monitor, this info must be in a variable or in-game somewhere, perhaps you can grab it from there?
It is most likely in the exe. There may be other work arounds but I am not sure if I feel like going to the trouble for a minor thing heh.

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 17:29

Yes, Point taken. Don't often sell drones installed on ships anyway.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 17:32

Someone is reporting on steam that they are seeing Textnotfound errors with some ships and station names and also that the shipyard is not constructing ships quickly even with 250 construction drones and that the drones aren't coming out. Can anyone confirm any of these because I haven't seen them myself? Although I cant remember if the drones were coming out or not.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 18:15

Not seen (or looked for) it myself but I think a lack of seeing construction drones was reported a couple of days ago in the beta forum. I think they (Scoob?) said that things were being built all the same though, so might not be the same issue.

Edit: I got it a bit wrong - here is the thread I was thinking about:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 21:25

BlackRain wrote:Someone is reporting on steam that they are seeing Textnotfound errors with some ships and station names and also that the shipyard is not constructing ships quickly even with 250 construction drones and that the drones aren't coming out. Can anyone confirm any of these because I haven't seen them myself? Although I cant remember if the drones were coming out or not.
Hello BlackRain, All good here, just built a Lyranea in 3min 43sec. 60 construction drones available, but only used 27 :) :) then checked selling, all good. Thanks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 23:25

Good to hear. Any feedback on different types of shipyards would be great. Should I do more customized shipyards (like fighters only, certain factions only, etc.?)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 23:41

Hello,

I've not tried mods with 2.5 beta yet (bug-hunting for now) so not sure quite what it offers yet, sorry. Having noticed yesterday that Far Out sector doesn't seem to have an S/M SY in vanilla 2.5 beta RC6, I wondered whether you had added such for HoA? Might be worth considering if not.

Regards,
Sparks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 8. Sep 14, 00:08

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Hello,

I've not tried mods with 2.5 beta yet (bug-hunting for now) so not sure quite what it offers yet, sorry. Having noticed yesterday that Far Out sector doesn't seem to have an S/M SY in vanilla 2.5 beta RC6, I wondered whether you had added such for HoA? Might be worth considering if not.

Regards,
Sparks
No but Ledda Industrial has a small shipyard in the next sector over.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 8. Sep 14, 00:51

One more night of work then it is my weekend, so I will be able to spend some time breaking (erm testing) things for you :lol:
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”