[MOD] Player Shipyards and more

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 21:43

Transcend is apparently bugged with the shipyards included in gamestart too, as noted in NZ warriors thread about mod compatability.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 21:47

Yes, if there are ship macro issues, any mod that touches them will ctd most likely. If this is the problem, it is an easy fix though. Will know more once I get a chance to test later today.

oldviper585

Post by oldviper585 » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 22:24

Well, I tried a new game. Can contact arms dealers, etc. from space no problem. Contacted ship dealer on same station, (shipyard in Transcend), same problem. As soon as i select build ship menu game freezes and CTD.

Old viper

oldviper585

Post by oldviper585 » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 22:53

More info. Was able to build CV in OL. Installed architect, engineer, defense officer.

Selected build location, clicked list of stations, freeze and CTD. So problem is not confined to Transend.

Oldviper

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 01:13

oldviper585 wrote:More info. Was able to build CV in OL. Installed architect, engineer, defense officer.

Selected build location, clicked list of stations, freeze and CTD. So problem is not confined to Transend.

Oldviper
The problem isn't with this mod or Transcend per say. The mod is fine but the problem is that there is a bug in one of the macros, it is the hydrogen mining medium ship. The macro location is incorrect in Beta 6, this is a bug. I could release a temporary fix so that people can play with beta 6.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 01:27

Bah, I also screwed something else up, this is what happens when you rush things heh. Anyway, I am going to fix this and get it up very soon!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 02:40

K, think I fixed the issues on my end so I will upload the new version. I do not know if the bugs in Beta 6 will cause any issues, please let me know.

oldviper585

Post by oldviper585 » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 04:41

Well, whatever you did fixed the problem. Everything in both save games works just as it should. Thanks

Oldviper

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 13:46

Hi,

As the smaller shipyards now churn out units as wares, is there any way to add a degree of control to what exactly is produced? I.e. I'd want a station of mine to be churning out various Fighters, but I'd not want it producing the smaller trade ships.

Being able to limit a wares production would be most valuable for other station types too.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 15:41

Scoob wrote:Hi,

As the smaller shipyards now churn out units as wares, is there any way to add a degree of control to what exactly is produced? I.e. I'd want a station of mine to be churning out various Fighters, but I'd not want it producing the smaller trade ships.

Being able to limit a wares production would be most valuable for other station types too.

Scoob.
Fighters are not made at the same ship production unit as freighters. Let me explain. There are two types of small/medium shipyards you could make.
I forgot exact names but one is something like civ ship dockyard and one is civ ship parts lot.

The civ ship dockyard only builds ships. It has 2 production units for medium freighters/miners and 2 production units (or facilities, whatever) for fighters. It will go through its' production cycles building ships. You will always have fighters and freighters/miners being built.

The civ ship parts lot builds ships and produces some of the ship parts needed to produce those ships. If you do not want to deal with making the parts for the ships you just build the main part of the station. The main part of the station builds 3 production facilities for you (you can see this all in the station build menus and such). The 3 production facilities are 2 fighter production facilities and 1 freighter/miner production facility. So, if you basically want fighters, build this one as it will build more fighters than freighters/miners.

Now, also, there is a max number of ships that the station can hold at any given time. This will allow for more control of your station too. Once the max is reached for any ship type, the station won't build that ship type any more. This is good since the freighter/miner and fighter production facilities are separated you do not have to worry about freighters/miners hurting your ship production, except of course with resources. However, once the max is reached (15 or 17 or so) for a ship type, it wont build any more ships of that type. So once all your freighters and miners get to the max, it wont produce any more ships and then you can just focus on building fighters (whenever you want to build more fighters just buy fighters from the ship dealer).

This also give you some control of what fighters you build as you can leave the ones you dont want at the max number and just build the ones u want (and have those produced in more numbers). This means you will have to put a substantial initial investment in the station but eventually you will have a good bit of control.

I hope this helps, sorry if my explanation is complicated.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 17:32

Thanks for the explanation.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 19:28

Oh, and by the way, it is not difficult to fill up the station quickly. Even an hour worth of resources will produce like 40 to 50 ships.

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 00:52

@BlackRain, Thanks for this Mod, It's great.

The problem I've just found: Asked a ship dealer at my shipyard (Large BTO Shipyard) to sell my Scaldis,(but same happens for any ship) after the transaction my credit balance remained unchanged.
From the same Save file I sold the Scaldis at a npc shipyard and balance updated correctly.

Any one else found this?

Both Shipyards in Transcend, Rebirth: public beta 2.50

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 02:39

Peter Hull wrote:@BlackRain, Thanks for this Mod, It's great.

The problem I've just found: Asked a ship dealer at my shipyard (Large BTO Shipyard) to sell my Scaldis,(but same happens for any ship) after the transaction my credit balance remained unchanged.
From the same Save file I sold the Scaldis at a npc shipyard and balance updated correctly.

Any one else found this?

Both Shipyards in Transcend, Rebirth: public beta 2.50
The shipyard comes with the Transcend mod? Not sure about that. I have never had any issues selling ships to my own stations, always get the money. I will have to check it out, make sure you in fact didn't get the money (check your status)

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 03:05

BlackRain wrote:
.... make sure you in fact didn't get the money (check your status)
Just to clarify, I get the massage with an updated balance but then check my status and find it has remained unchanged.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 03:06

Peter Hull wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
.... make sure you in fact didn't get the money (check your status)
Just to clarify, I get the massage with an updated balance but then check my status and find it has remained unchanged.
Seems strange, are you absolutely certain it did not go up? I will have to check when I have time.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 08:23

Noob question (never owned a shipyard): Does the money appear on a shipyard/NPC account?

Peter Hull
x3tc

Post by Peter Hull » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 10:34

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Noob question (never owned a shipyard): Does the money appear on a shipyard/NPC account?
Hi Sparky. I did check the Shipyard's Managers account, it didn't change.

I also sent a freighter to dock to remove drones. Again the message to say my account was updated and showed my new balance on the info monitor was ok, the drones were removed ok But when I check status the account was not credited. ( As you would expect if you had just ordered a new ship)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 10:39

Thanks for the reply - I figured you would have checked but I was also hoping for an easy answer to the problem. Still, Super BR is on the case so fingers crossed :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 14:52

Peter Hull wrote:
Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Noob question (never owned a shipyard): Does the money appear on a shipyard/NPC account?
Hi Sparky. I did check the Shipyard's Managers account, it didn't change.

I also sent a freighter to dock to remove drones. Again the message to say my account was updated and showed my new balance on the info monitor was ok, the drones were removed ok But when I check status the account was not credited. ( As you would expect if you had just ordered a new ship)

I am a little confused here. The shipyard manager does not get the money. It goes directly into your account. Now I know for a fact that selling drones works just fine as I did it before but I haven't tested with beta 6 yet.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”