[MOD] Faction Logos --» now for all buyable L/XL Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 22:40

Is it just me or do the dropbox download and save to my dropbox not work? - I tried clicking on them but nothing seems to happen :(
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 04:13

just downloaded it and it worked fine for me..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 07:39

Thanks for that, I just tried it again and it worked this time, probably just one of those things :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 08:19

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 18:55

Yeah the Dropbox website doesn't work properly when opened with "tab in background".

Oh that is a very great faction logo :o

Btw are you using XR reimagined or why is your space looking so neat? I love shiny blue :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 19:51

Tamina wrote:Btw are you using XR reimagined or why is your space looking so neat? I love shiny blue :D
It looks like the Tree of Life sector in Observe's Transcend - Lost Colony mod.

btw -- Where's that image from, NZ?

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 21:01

I know this pict lol!! I love dragon too as my avatar shows...

How to set it please?
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 03:21

Tamina wrote:Btw are you using XR reimagined or why is your space looking so neat? I love shiny blue :D
As Vim Razz said, it is part of Observe's Transcend - Lost Colony mod.
Vim Razz wrote:btw -- Where's that image from, NZ?
The image is one I have used a lot in Virtual worlds, it is my "trademark" on the virtual worlds.
Miniding wrote:I know this pict lol!! I love dragon too as my avatar shows...
How to set it please?
I just made an image then followed what Unitrader said to do in the first message of this thread :)

Litauen
xr

Post by Litauen » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 13:58

@UniTrader - I am wondering does upgrade_object_by_macro work instantly from md cue, or it is necessary to dock/undock (or do some other action) for changes to take effect?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 16:27

it works immediately, but
A) the changedroom event for the player is a bit too early (it triggers before the Room is created)
B) this Command needs multimacro upgrades definied on the Object which is to be upgraded (defaults.xml sets default parameters for whole object classes, which can be overridden per macro if needed)
C) these Multimacro Upgrades break the regular Upgrade Functionality.

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Litauen
xr

Post by Litauen » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 16:33

Is it possible to change the logo on the ground with md cue just standing and looking at it, let's say every 5 seconds?

What I am interested to do is to show LIVE hull and shield values from player.ship.hullpercentage, player.ship.shieldpercentage.

I thought maybe using your method applying the logo, it is possible to have 0..9 digits as small logos and construct hull/shield percentages not on the floor, but in front of the captain as a hologram.

What do you think? Doable?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 16:56

certainly ;) but i would suggest to apply this to the Platform itself, not to the Ship as whole (and maybe even more specific, eg if we could get a specific "Display" Macro, which is connected to the bridge, into a variable and "upgrade" this one with the specific Numbers any number of numeric Displays would be possible without resorting to hundreds of macros necesary to differ between the many displays)
this approach needs some experimenting, though - but if i understand this multimacro upgrade system correctly it is posssible and your version wouldnt need to break the existing upgrade functionality

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 19:40

Ok, i have to make a small anoouncement regarding the next Version, which is nearing its Completion:
I have changed the Logo Sizes on some Ships and my tests showed there is an incompatibility in this case: the Logos which have been altered in size will become unchangeable. Therefore i made a small update to the current Version - it now includes the improvements for the Hierachy managment i announced earlier and the possibility to remove the Logo (hint: remove it from the leader and it should be removed from all Ships under his command, except they have explicitly set an Logo ).
3 possible ways to update to the next Version:
A) The Logos have to be removed from all affected Ships when the Extension is updated that they remain functional.
B) Alternatively the Mod may be removed so all Logos on all Ships are removed (also works retroactively)
or C) you can live with these few unchangeable Logos.

sorry for the inconvinience ^^''

Affected Ships are:
Taranis
Scaldis
Sequana
Balor
Lyranea

ETA of the next Version is this weekend and all Buy-able Ships should have Logos by then ;) (DV Ships are finished, and i am currently working on the OL Ships ^^)

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 24. Sep 14, 21:44

UniTrader wrote:the Logos which have been altered in size will become unchangeable.
Affected Ships are:
Taranis, Scaldis, Sequana, Balor, Lyranea
Note to self, don't put any logos on the above ships for at least a week :lol: - I lucky in that I have only put logos on my Construction ships and my Titerals (in the new bridge) so far.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 10:04

ok, i have finished: now all buyable L and XL Ships have Logos pasted onto them :D

Changelog:
=> the Ships available in DV and OL now have Logos, too ;)
=> Changed some Logo positions and sizes (Taranis, Sequana, Scaldis, Balor) or glued them to the parts instead of the ship as whole (Lyranea)
=> better behavior together with Hierarchies (was partially included in the preperation Version for this one):
--> the Technician of the Skunk can now set two Logos: a global default Logo anyone will fall back to if no other one is found and a Personal Logo specific to the Player/Skunk Squad (and its subordinates, ofc ^^)
--> Hierarchies are now full supported without additional actions - the technician will use the most specific Logo he can find (his own setting > Commander Ship > the Commanders Commander > …… etc… …… > global default Logo )
=> Improvements in the Script-part
=> Cleanup in the files

Update-Notes:
=> the previously mentioned problem with unchangeable Logos (for details see previous Posts)
=> Additionally it is better to delete both Folders of this Extension before Extractiong the new Version because i deleted some files ^^ (put your own Logos somewhere safe while doing this ;) )

DL-Link as usual here in the 1st Post ;)

-----------------------------------------------

Also note i made a small Poll ;)

Mackan
xr

Post by Mackan » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 18:04

I've been playing around in Starpoint Gemini 2 a bit, and its customisation system brought my mind to your mod. The way it works in SPG2 makes it readily apparent just how powerful a diverse customisation system is in regards to the personality of space ship games as it differentiates between ships and ships, and your mod takes the first steps towards such a system for X Rebirth.

My proposal is the combination of 3 systems; one that changes the hue of ships (a la X3), your logo mod AND ship name decals on the hull with randomized ship names for NPC ships.

These 3 systems are great on their own, but combined they are much greater than the sum of their parts. Ship hue and faction logos would add distinct identity to each faction in a way that you would be able to tell at a glance what you were looking at (in X3 you went by ship profile to tell factions apart, it doesn't work that way in XR as all companies use the same type of ships). Visible ship names on the hull would help diminish the feel that you're just butting heads with computer spawned ships as each ship would be individually identifiable. There could also be naming conventions in place for each of the companies (different fonts?); for example, one company could have names inspired by Norse mythology for all their ships, while another company just names their ships by ship ID ("#AXLF-351") to reinforce a sense of soulless corporate culture. This would certainly help with one of the things we probably feel is lacking compared to X3, which is faction diversity.

Such systems would also allow the players to stake out their own identities in the universe that is unique to them, which incentivises investment in our own empires. As it stands right now, the game feels very flavourless.

This post might be better fit for a suggestion-thread, but modders seem to be the first crowd to approach if you want something implemented (by ego or otherwise) in an X-game. I also just want to get the discussion going, if it wasn't already. :) Thank you for reading!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 18:23

did you just peek around in the mod files? :P the Ship Names is in theoretical planning (thats what the currently empty folder assets/markings/letters is planned for ;) ) but since thats technically as weird as abousing the Multimacro Upgrade System like i did multiplied by itself (for Ship Names i have to attempt this recursively, putting each letter inside the previous one) i laid this on ice for now to work on something else..

for the diffrent Fonts: not for the initial Version. i will probably make some preperations in the Code for that, but the most important part is to get it working first..

PS and the Poll is over since i think no one else is gonna answer.. results:
Where should this Extension head next?
More Logos on implemented Ships ---> 0% [ 0 ]
Logos for S&M Ships ---> 37% [ 3 ]
More Variation for NPCs (eg Military, Police, Trading, Mining etc.) ---> 25% [ 2 ]
Logos on non-buyable Ships (pls reply which ones are important for you ^^) ---> 0% [ 0 ]
You can pause with this for now and start with another Awesome Project ---> 37% [ 3 ] (ok, one of those was mine :D :P )
Total Votes : 8

so i will add these Logos on S&M Ships when i am stuck with my other Awesome Project (i already know what it will be ^^ will tell more when i have something presentable ^^), and maybe experiment a bit with Logo variations ^^

Hoshinator

Post by Hoshinator » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 13:52

Greetings UniTrader,

many thanks for your great mod! Gives the game a special atmosphere. I tagged my starting plot lyranea with my company logo and it looks great!

But the best part ist the GUI logo in my skunk-display, love it!

Here is a link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =321684265

Dragon Industries will rock the galaxy! :D

regards,
Hoshinator

All rights of the original logo belong to Bethesda Softworks, I just modified it for my own purpose (just to be on the save side) :roll:

Litauen
xr

Post by Litauen » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 15:02

Very nice mod. Do you have plans to put these logos on the stations also?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 3. Oct 14, 16:21

@Litauen
i do, yes.. it is supported in theory, but it does require more preperations (some changes in the map are necesary to avoid many debuglog messages..) - but not now, first i will work on another project ^^ (it involves adding Sectors to the current Galaxy and also an additional Story-Plot)

@Hoshinator

:thumb_up:
btw: your reply in the German Topic was enough since i am from Germany ;)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”