[MOD] Yet Another Trader v2.03c (updated 11th March '16)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 18. Mar 16, 16:42

I3laze wrote:Hi Yorrick, mod is still working flawlessly. Is there any way you can add options for traders to buy defence, repair and cargo drones themselves if they lose them? Just like the options for stations to restock drones when needed.
stations should automatically be able to do that now in 4.00. You set it up through the station manager I believe.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 18. Mar 16, 17:23

I3laze means the ships not the stations :) I was gonna wait for a bit. I have no idea if ES intend more content for XR now or whether they plan to re-add this functionality for ships. They may just want to put their energies into the next project. I'm gonna hang fire with this type of addition for the moment until ES tell us (ok that's not gonna happen but we live in hope) or sufficient time passes that I can assume there will be no 5.0 or next big release for XR with shiney new toys.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 18. Mar 16, 17:43

hmm with the infrequency of their updates and news... it will be months before we even hear anything from them of official capacity. Compared to some other developers out there, their record of informing their players is spotty at best.

I3laze
x4

Post by I3laze » Fri, 18. Mar 16, 19:25

Ok Yorrick guess I'll have to wait then :)

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 12:41

Just to make sure my new start does not get f'ed up, is this mod compatible with the "Sensible Miners" mod?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 13:12

afaik i know sensible miners hasn't been updated in quite some time so I cannot vouch for whether it works at all.

iNelsy
x4

Post by iNelsy » Sat, 30. Apr 16, 11:40

Condition for notifications and write in logbook always false here:

Code: Select all

aiscripts\yat.trade.performplayertraderun.xml:503:        <do_if value="this.ship.commander == player.primaryship">
aiscripts\yat.trade.performplayertraderun.xml:542:        <do_if value="this.ship.commander == player.primaryship">
aiscripts\yat.trade.performplayertraderun.xml:600:        <do_if value="this.ship.commander == player.primaryship">
aiscripts\yat.trade.performplayertraderun.xml:671:          <do_if value="this.ship.commander == player.primaryship">
aiscripts\yat.trade.performplayertraderun.xml:704:        <do_if value="this.ship.commander == player.primaryship">
aiscripts\yat.trade.performplayertraderun.xml:757:        <do_if value="this.ship.commander == player.primaryship">
For some reason ship that assign to Yat always leaves player squad.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 1. May 16, 18:38

Ah yeah, my bad not removing some legacy stuff - I had intended that YAT ships could be in or out of squad for this version. Some unforseen issues with stuff added in 4.0 made it a buggy thing, so I reverted to forcing YAT ships to be out of squad. The design for yat 2 was done before 4.0 was announced in beta so it became a mission each beta release to check for new incompatabilities and changes to the base ai I leverage.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Sun, 1. May 16, 20:45

YorrickVander wrote:afaik i know sensible miners hasn't been updated in quite some time so I cannot vouch for whether it works at all.
Well I took a gamble and it seems to be working just fine, both in and out of zone.

The only "downside" with having an auto-miner is that you can't see how much money it's made, I guess because it tries to use the regular profit calculations which doesn't work if you got the resources for free?

In any case, thanks a lot for this mod, it's a great addition.

nog22
x4

Post by nog22 » Mon, 23. May 16, 19:43

hello,
with your mod and galaxy range i m am now the king of the universe
do you think you can add multiple assignment to YAT because adding 60 freshly buyed gigurum to yat one by one is very annoying:)
or perhaps i missed something to do that
thanks for the work

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sat, 30. Jul 16, 07:38

Is it possible to somehow group those ships that we assign to YAT2 to have groupings set up so that when we lookup at the property owned we can have something like below, rather than having them listed down (so that we can minimize and check which ships are yet to be assigned to any Manager

-- Albion Skunk
-- YAT2
-- -- Trader
-- -- -- Ship1
-- -- -- Ship2
-- -- -- Ship3
-- -- Miner
-- -- -- Ship1
-- -- -- Ship2
-- -- -- Ship3

If there is a way to do this already can someone share it pls?
thanks

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 30. Jul 16, 09:20

@wazlord, not exactly what you're asking for, but wouldn't something similar be accomplished by assigning ships to a warehouse and using Yorrick's Galaxy Station Range? They wouldn't then running be YAT though but just the vanilla trading scripts with galaxy (or whichever-you-set) range. (I think?)

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sat, 30. Jul 16, 12:11

w.evans wrote:@wazlord, not exactly what you're asking for, but wouldn't something similar be accomplished by assigning ships to a warehouse and using Yorrick's Galaxy Station Range? They wouldn't then running be YAT though but just the vanilla trading scripts with galaxy (or whichever-you-set) range. (I think?)
i dont mind actually, as long as they are as efficient :)
never really compared both but if they can do the same, ill go for that method instead

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 30. Jul 16, 17:50

Probably the best way would be to setup a ship, say a large well defended one, next to a station. Assign YAT ships to that, send them on their way :)

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 31. Jul 16, 01:53

hmm,
what would happen to those ships, say in case the main ship that those trader ship that was assigned to somehow slips through the zone (as once we assign it to either Defense/Manager/Architect, dont think we can control it) and got itself killed, will this disrupt the traders/miners commands?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 31. Jul 16, 11:44

No :) It would merely act as a command holder - however do let me know if there are any issues with doing it.

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Tue, 2. Aug 16, 20:45

Hello,

Firstly, thanks so much for the mod. I love having a similar convenience of automated trading like I did in X3:AP whilst I get on with the fun stuff of capping ships and doing missions.

I was just wondering if there is any reason to invest in the MK3 trading computer which at around 50 million is a massive amount of money for me starting off. Assuming I only ever use YAT for my trading ships I assume they won't benefit from it or will they? Any other reason it might be useful for me in the early game stages (20 hrs in or so)?

Thanks,

DrH

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 3. Aug 16, 02:00

No the YAT ships won't use it. It would only be worth it for say a manually controlled build materials ship to buy everything in one round of travel.

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Wed, 3. Aug 16, 09:09

YorrickVander wrote:No the YAT ships won't use it. It would only be worth it for say a manually controlled build materials ship to buy everything in one round of travel.
Thanks for confirming - seems like I can hold off for the timebeing :)

Andy_MB
x4

Post by Andy_MB » Wed, 21. Sep 16, 01:07

"YAT traders will not show up in manual trade dialogs."
After this mod starts and I make first 'Cancel Trade Offer Updates' at one station,
all my ships disapears from manual trade dialog.
I disabled mod and load from the previous save. No effect! all my ships stell not shows in manual trade dialog.
where there is a lock? how to return?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”