[MOD] Yet Another Trader v2.03c (updated 11th March '16)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 02:54

I think you are confusing sectors and clusters :) Cluster = system, which is both sectors of Transcend. So yeah the miners will wander off - they are set to find a need (read buy order) find the closest source of that ware, mine it and check again for the sale. Rinse, repeat, profit.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 03:20

Yea, I get them confused :)
Just for a laugh I decided to follow one of my Titeral mining vessels to see where it went, sheesh, talk about a long trip, it went right into Albion (the big empty) to sell stuff..

One question, I also have your Galaxy Trader installed, I trust this won't cause problems, or don't I need it any more...
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 03:49

It won't cause problems as such but it might reduce your available trades a fair bit. The npcs don't cover all wares of course, so there's still profit to be made.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 22:51

well I decided to take galaxy trader out, since that is the mod that causes those problems we have at the jump gates when we "in-zone"
Not too worried about the profits margin at the moment :)
It is very interesting watching my mining ships with this mod running tho, they are going all over the galaxy, my poor fighters that are supposed to be protecting them cannot keep up with them :lol:
You done a really great job, thank you...
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 23:03

Let me know if the npc galaxy trade ships disappear ok after removal, I might need to look at an uninstall version. To be fair it was as much of a 'because I could' mod as anything else after SilverXarrow's thread about how to make it happen.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 23:36

Umm I not sure how I could tell if ships were doing galaxy trading or not, my traders are now happily using this mod..

not sure if this is important or not, but this just happened...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =285190693

13 instances of this happening in 2 minutes.. :o

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 23:41

Huh. No that should not be happening :) I'll look into it, thanks for reporting.

And if you see LI, JSS ect trading outside their own clusters, then there are still galaxy trade jobs running.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 00:18

NZ, were all the 13 from same ship? or spread between both?

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 00:41

YorrickVander wrote:NZ, were all the 13 from same ship? or spread between both?
All from the same ship..

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 01:01

Cheers. I think I see whats wrong - the 'sold' message isn't checking for failed trades (schoolboy error). I'll add in some check code and a failsafe of some sort for repeating the same failed sale attempt after a couple of tries. Thanks again.

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 02:22

I'm currently using Euclids Autotrader..Would like to give your mod a try but don't feel like starting a new game..

Can you post some quick instructions on how-to change the mods still using the same savegame?

Thanks!

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 02:31

Sure :

Stop your Auto Traders (invite to squad iirc). Order to leave squad. Press ENTER > 4 > 2 > 1 and select a ship to start trading or mining (if it has the required drones aboard (see OP) follow the menu options and off it goes.

You can simply remove autotrader, the tags used and * ** *** added to captain name will remain unless you change staff but it is not required as this mod uses a completely different system to store its information.

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 02:51

Thanks for the super quick reply. Appreciate it!

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 03:03

Couple of things/questions after first minutes of using..

- Do I need to assign a budget to the captain..it's 0Cr initially
- Can you show what trades are done (maybe show the planned trips like in manual trading) instead of Free trading
- What's more efficient, Zone, Cluster or Galaxy trading?
- The Ship Config menu exits out after each setting, that's a bit frustrating to use, should go back to config menu I guess

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 03:47

1] Yes. The Captain needs money to buy things :)
2] Possibly. However due to the unreliability of the ware reservation code it wouldn't be 100% useful. If I can get this to be reliable, maybe.
3] Depends where you are, and what wares your ship can carry. Galaxy trading has more potential trades, but can take a lot longer. You decide.
4] How often do you redo every setting for a ship? :P Will have to wait until I learn to fully craft my own lua stuff. The defaults are reasonable for budget cap and home zone is not used on traders. I assume you read the OP :)

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 04:32

I got 3 mining ships and they are set to sell galaxy wide.. - At present they are jumping all over the galaxy from my home base.. - But the good thing is they making me credits :)

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 11:26

YorrickVander wrote:I decided to filter out CVs to prevent adding a working one by accident. There is a way to test for that specifically but playing it safe seemed better :) I also have no idea what happens if you add one from a fully finished station aside from that station losing the ability to repair.
Yea. I was surprised when the game released and CV's were in such a limbo that ego had to lock them down so to speak. Talk about shoddy design and dev choices :D . I wouldn't personally mess them either in your situation.

Keep up the fantastic work!

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 21:00

Just a little update on my ships using this mod :D

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/581 ... 9BB7083A3/

Looks like things going good... Profits coming in... :lol:

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 21:10

Glad to hear it :) After the logbook spam fix I want to add a new role : Trade for CV. It seems architects are crap managers for trade ships. I assigned a titurel to one earlier during test of a new mod and it sat there with commander 'cv' command 'none'. Doh. So, hopefully a trader can be assigned to cater for that CV's needs only until you have built what you want :)

Also - opinions please. Would assigning a particular ware be thought useful for a miner? Say mine only Ice and sell at Galaxy range or whatever.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 21:16

YorrickVander wrote:Glad to hear it :) After the logbook spam fix I want to add a new role : Trade for CV. It seems architects are crap managers for trade ships. I assigned a titurel to one earlier during test of a new mod and it sat there with commander 'cv' command 'none'. Doh. So, hopefully a trader can be assigned to cater for that CV's needs only until you have built what you want :)
Also - opinions please. Would assigning a particular ware be thought useful for a miner? Say mine only Ice and sell at Galaxy range or whatever.
Good idea, actually from what I have noticed, it seems that managers of any station are crap managers :lol:
I am getting to the stage now of contemplating taking all ships away from my stations and reassigning them to other duties (or just selling them)

Yes, could be very useful, point in fact, two of my miners are currently mining ice and selling it to the same station, if you put in what they could mine then I could split them up to mine different resources :)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”