[MOD] TAF! v1.2 (12 Dec. 2015)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Captain Zorg
x3tc

Post by Captain Zorg » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 09:56

UPDATE

I've located the subscribed file now that I got from Steam's Workshop. I really don't want any further arguments brought up from this topic, so I'm now withdrawing my request for the manual download.

Thank you to the moderators for allowing me to post on this thread.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 10:35

Scoob wrote:TAF! is still showing in RED and cannot update though. Note: the description shown in-game is the new v1.2 one, yet no other files other than the content.xml appear to have been downloaded by Steam. Add to that, I don't have a "taf" folder, rather the aforementioned content.xml is in a folder called "ws_262382979".
Only time I've seen this is when I have a copy of the mod, or something else with the same ID, in my extensions folder and the mod downloads for some reason (update or something like that). Gets sorted out by unsubscribing, deleting all copies of it in the extensions folder including the ws_{somelongnumber} folder and whatever else might look like you didn't put it there, then resubscribing.

Come to think of it, I think the unsubscribe -> resubscribe steps might be unnecessary.

It seems that the mechanism for downloading from the workshop matches IDs and version numbers. If something doesn't make sense to it (for example, if there's something with the same ID but a higher version number than what it expects), it kinda freaks out and makes copies.

sasho

Post by sasho » Sat, 7. May 16, 14:51

do you mind uploading in on nexus mods as well?

emk2z
x4

Post by emk2z » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 10:11

Hi I'll be seen like necroing this thread... But Is there anyone who can supply the mod to me via PM or any other way.... I own the gog version of the game so steam workshop is a no go. Also I'd hope the mod author is still around and maybe he can upload his mod to nexus too.

Kind regards,

Edit.. I managed to figure a way to get the mod from steam. It appears there was a userscript to download mods using tampermonkey etc. Also there was a tool to extract DAT files
http://www.egosoft.com/X2/FORUM/viewtop ... highlight=

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 19:16

First of all thanks for a very useful mod.

I am having a problem with buying the trade software mkIII or even selling the mkII. When I try the game seems to crash, although it's not a total freeze it stills makes it impossible to continue without quitting.

I am posting here just in the off chance that this mod might be causing the crash. I don't have many mods installed and I thought if the crash is indeed caused by a mod it could be this one.

Is anybody using this mod having the same issue?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 20:50

While I never specifically tried to sell the Mk.II software, I never had any trouble buying the Mk.III while using this mod.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 14:11

Thanks Ezarkal, then the problem I am experiencing must be due to something else.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 11:11

XR 4.30

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 0.00 No matching node for path '//add_player_choice_sub[@text='{1002,3002}']' in patch file 'extensions\taf\md\npc_shiptrader.xml'. Skipping node.

robcza
x4

Post by robcza » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 18:21

Yes, Help!

Mod won't work...

Does anyone have any replacement?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 19:38

robcza wrote:Yes, Help!

Mod won't work...

Does anyone have any replacement?
I could give u my script, but that automatically subscribes any non hostile stations for the player upon entering a zone and also unsubscribes stations if the faction itself sees u as hostile.

So quite a different concept as this one.

PM me if u'd like me to upload it.

robcza
x4

Post by robcza » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 20:28

Of Course!

Thank you.

I started a new adventure and these agents are terribly annoying.

But the original script with the payment for the agent seems to me more real, so I am asking the author for improvement.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 20:55

robcza wrote:Of Course!

Thank you.

I started a new adventure and these agents are terribly annoying.

But the original script with the payment for the agent seems to me more real, so I am asking the author for improvement.
Np, u got it.

Ya, u're right. If he doesn't return i might publish mine on nexus and add a fee for every station added or something. Basicly the same but less hassle hence stations don't have to be contacted individually, but it's not worth the hassle if he fixes his mod. I usually keep my stuff to myself if other mods already offer comparable functionalities cuz it's less of a hassle in case i have to update lots of my mods with the same patch.

robcza
x4

Post by robcza » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 21:13

But your works great in 4.30!

Thank you a lot, I'm going back to getting the cosmos. :)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 17. Dec 17, 00:35

In the NPC_Shiptrader.xml file, comment the line

Code: Select all

<!-- <remove sel="//add_player_choice_sub[@text='{1002,3002}']"/> -->

Aszrayel
xr

Post by Aszrayel » Sun, 17. Dec 17, 17:27

On the steam workshop page, Bix stated back in August he is no longer modding Rebirth. I don't know if that's still the case.

OTAS
x4

Post by OTAS » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 12:24

Would someone be so kind to upload this mod to the superior NexusMods site so that we GOG users can also enjoy a less frustrating game?
Hiring trade agents is extremely annoying.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”