[MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 2.5 Home of Light!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

will_990
x2

Post by will_990 » Sun, 7. Dec 14, 10:04

Many thanks for your work, MJ (and from Realspace in the first place). :)

I'm currently trying it on v2.51, but since I've only started the game a few hours ago I can't really see that much background for now... ;)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 7. Dec 14, 13:32

Looking at screenshot I really like what you have done to OL.
Definetly gonna try this mod once 3.0 will be released.

Anyway, is there a chance to have this mod in Steam workshop?

lubatomy
x4

Post by lubatomy » Sun, 7. Dec 14, 14:34

mr.WHO wrote: Anyway, is there a chance to have this mod in Steam workshop?
nope because it is too big. steam workshop gives you 100mb limit for all your mods you try to upload. this one mod is too big and goes over that limit.

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 17:29

Yeah, right, thats the problem. I tried, but it won't work until Steam changes this- would be logical for a game needing large files for texturing and modeling- so every mod that wants to do more than changing just one or two things reaches this limit very soon.

So, a little update- I finally finished the work on Maelstrom for 2.0. I completely reworked this System- here are the things I changed:

-first one: making the 'false' black hole much more dominant. It's the center of a gigantic planetary nebula bigger than others, containing or illuminating most of the systems of the original Xbtf core systems. So It must be the center of the whole system, illuminating it with its accretion disk and jets. So I decided to replace the star by this object- with the gasgiant orbiting it.

-the black hole was after all not realistic- of course it is not a real black hole, but it looks like one- so i used the discovery from the movie Interstellar to completely rebuild it, with a much smaller accretion disc (3 times the radius of the event horizon) and the gravitational lens creating the glowing halo around the event horizon.
All as billboard, until there is a working way to use 3DSMAX/GMAX to build models for Rebirth, but It already is possible to create a good looking hole this way- and standing still is also realistic, because of the temporal dilatation :wink: .

-rebuilding the background being more affected by the black hole- with a dusty ring and the jets hitting the dust sphere that represents the center of the halmnan aurora.

-completely rebilding the jets to look more like... jets at all. And let them interacting more with the background.

EDIT: forgot one: making the maelstrom interacting with the black hole in its center- by just rotating it! :D

screens following.
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 17:43

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

thats what I created. Hm, the screens are a bit dark at the background- sorry for that. Why the hell isn't Rebirth able to take just the image I see? the screens are somewhat darker and with a strange contrast- but I want to get the image I see, not a different one! :?

EDIT: reworked the pics to get the look from ingame. now much more accurate to what you will see ingame...

btw, for everyone who is ready and brave enough to change things in BIOS: If your processor has virtualising technology- Intel VT (It will, everything you can play rebirth with, should have), turn it on- I think, since I activated it, Rebirth works faster and better... Incredible what you have to do to use good old Photoshop 5.0 in Win7...
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 18:49

And yes, the event horizon is incredibly big- but again, this is a 'false' black hole creating similar things like event horizon- but there are differences, too. It seems to emit more mass with its jets than it absorbs- otherwhise it can't create a lage planetary nebula with it. possibly a damaged jumpgate? I created a few possible informations about this false black hole, fitting with the new look, data I can work with:

Mass: 1/3 Sun-masses
Radius of event horizon: 69911km (about Jupiter radius) (normally this means 34955,5 sun-masses!)
Quasar-characteristics, with accretiondisk-radius: 209733km
Jets emit about 7 times the absorbed mass
The unknown object inside- ringform, like a jumpgate or a spinning singularity?, radius about 20km (bigger jumpgate like the 1000km one in helges novels?)

greetings, MJ Fire

will_990
x2

Post by will_990 » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 09:17

Good to hear about v2.0. When do you think will you upload it?

(I don't care about Steam Workshop and always prefer manual download...)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 22:19

Hm, for now I look at the new teladian system to find out, if I should do something with it- until now, it seems to be good as it is. When I finished this- and reworked the intro if this is possible- I will upload 3.0- As both, complete package and patch. I think in a week or faster? Counts on the amount of work remaining.
greetings, MJ Fire

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 01:22

Looking forward to this.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 04:57

Code: Select all

["message"]="Error: Cannot match path '/materiallibrary/collection[@name='effects']/material[@name='highway_streamclouds_03c']/properties/property[@name='alphaStr']' in patch file 'extensions\\Encyclopedia\\libraries\\material_library'. Skipping node.",

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 00:10

Thanks. looks Like the §$%&'* Streamclouds_03c. It's kind of a joke from the game, I fixed this probably 1000 times... :roll: Here we go again... :D
It's very hard to mod another mod- how to change the cluster_t.xml from the DLC with Ency? Nomal way does't work...
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 13:10

Solved- it worked, but cluster_t_v2 is the one you have to modify. I think tomorrow will be the upload time, I hope for a successful upload... :wink: :D
greetings, MJ Fire

SupraRZ
x4

Post by SupraRZ » Sat, 20. Dec 14, 13:41

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:Solved- it worked, but cluster_t_v2 is the one you have to modify. I think tomorrow will be the upload time, I hope for a successful upload... :wink: :D
greetings, MJ Fire
Been waiting patiently in the background for this I can't wait .... :D

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 16:47

2.0 is online! Patch 1.8 ->2.0 is coming...
greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 17:32

2.0 version is amazing , maybe you should try to make your own sectors based on old ones from older X games or somthing.
amazing work

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 23:58

Just amazing :o thanks
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 01:36

Nice early xmas present. Thanks MJ Fire x

toepick
x4

Post by toepick » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 06:24

This along with the other graphic mod you suggest are amazing.. well done.

Question tho, does this change at all where some of the default stations or build points are?

A station in Albion/Inner World/Periodic Blasting is infringing upon my H20 plant (only build spot in that sector). This occurred when trying to start 3rd stage. The first two and the radar constructed without issue. But I had installed this prior to starting that stage.

Maybe there is a way to fix it before I tear it down and start over somewhere else lol.

edit: disabled mod and same problem.. so its probably a default bug.

Still can't get over how much better it looks with your mod :o

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 04:55

Thanks, toepic :)
That's the good thing- against the Universe in X3AP, changing Background has no effect on stations or something. EGO splitted this into zhe universe map and the System/Cluster background created as a scene- so this also has no effect to your savegame or something else- One of the powerful changes in Rebirth.

@Privata: I do- but at first for X3AP, because I can do more with that at this time, but I will also build this in Rebith, when the equipment needed is out.
My plan is to create a story- the Chronicles of Fire- located in the 'Heartcloud' a region around Light of Heart, that gets reconnected by terran gate-technology. It contains 8 systems: From Hatikvahs Faith to Montalaar- every system in that region, even Avarice, renamed and controled by the goners.

And a new system at the left from heartlight, a system, Orokai Teshara, filled with blue dust and ice, hidden like Home of Legend since short before the Darkness, containing two important things- the reborn league of hatikvah and the direct rival of the OTAS: the FLC- Fire Lands Corporation with their special yard.

3 powers leading the Cloud- Argon Government, Hatikvahs League and Goner Conclave, everyone with unique design and ships. I created a whole story around the birth of these 3 and planned every single system with its own unique history, planetary system and economy. I nearly finished this work, a gameplay-beta is coming- but first only in german, I need help to translate the texts.
Ups, sorry for the long description :oops:
greetings, MJ Fire

SupraRZ
x4

Post by SupraRZ » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 09:45

Absolutely beautiful thanks MJ... :D

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”