[MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 2.5 Home of Light!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 12. Jun 14, 11:47

Not yet- but I'm thinking about a Version compatible with XR Nebula- so this would also be compatible with XR Planets. But I cant load the mods because of the Nexus limitation, so before getting these mods I don't want to start this- becaose I don't know, which textures exactly got replaced.
greetings, MJ Fire

IceIvan45
xr

Re: [MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 1.1!

Post by IceIvan45 » Thu, 12. Jun 14, 18:02

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:...DeVries: better planet-conzepts and a 5-times bigger sun create a much more realistic solar system!...
I have an unmodded 2.1 version on Steam.

I recently ventured into DeVries and the Sun was gigantic! I could not help feeling like I would either burn up or get sucked in. Not to make the feeling worse, but the Stations were even closer than the entry point! What I am wondering is if Egosoft implemented your 5x larger Sun or if you made it that much larger!
Last edited by IceIvan45 on Mon, 23. Jun 14, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Thu, 12. Jun 14, 23:13

You mean the BIGGER sun when you play the mod instead of the unmodded game? I know, much bigger than before- when you take the biggest planet (the 'melting archon' planet) as jupiter-size, this is a realistic size for a G2V-Star like our sun. I rescaled all sun-model-parts to get this size- and yes, thats much more extreme, but now you really feel that your orbiting a star- not like the dwarf before :D

Yes, the feeling, that you get nearer and nearer to the star from gate to cantera is weaker- but not lost. And that also means the star is much more domiant, and I think that is also nice :)

And of course I repositioned the sun so that the canteran stations in glaring truth are still near the surface and not in the star.
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 00:53

Ok, after many people asking for it I finally released a Version compatible with ICO_hrs XR Nebulas and XR Planets. And 1.5 is also out! Have fun... :wink:

And an idea I had to ICO_hr: (If he's reading) Your Mods are small enough to upload them to the Workshop... :wink:

greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 01:28

I realy do like you mod.
do you think you could make a planet change only version of ommicron?
so only the extra planets are added but all the fog/nebula and other things like that remain the same , so it only changes the black hole and planets and adds all the amazing new ones?
I know it sounds ungreatfull but that would make my day , the rest mailstrom albion and deveris are perfect.

but this is just my opinion you did an amazing job its just I keep trying to do that my self and it just brakes know :(

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 14:13

Hm, a bit difficult- I've changed the nebula clouds you see on different sectors to fit more with the descriptions- So you have to copy specific planet parts into the folder cluster_c_data and the entrys belonging to into the unchanged cluster_c.xml.
Hm, look closely at the cluster_c. xml, and be shure you have the right path to the cluster_c_data folder (right at the bginning of the file)- this is probably the reason for the crash- the path must be containing the right mod folder.
And notice the fact that I also replaced the star-mesh at the Full Edition with a new one.

A tip: The base edition contains the original background, so using this would be easier. Only the new textures for the earthlike planet are missing in the base edition. So the only thing you have to do is copy the whole package (cluster_c.xml and cluster_c_data folder) of the Base Edition to the Full Edition. (the earthlike planet will automatically get the new clouds from the Full Edition) the last thing remaining are the new positions of the sector-specific nebula clouds. And that should be working without a crash, even when you make a mistake.

When you also want to see the new surface of the earthlike planet in the so replaced OL: copy the Full Edition file of the part_GeoSphere01-lod0.xmf into the now REPLACED folder. (-BEFORE the whole replacing, take it to another folder so you already have the file after replacing- :wink: )

So, I hope this will be helpful. And by the way: I think file uidata.xml in the Rebirth folder in your own documents would be helpful: here you can read exactly what was your mistake before- the error should be listed in there.
greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 15:33

what I will try is just copy the planets into a vanilla version of C cluster and see if that works (along with your files)
I just like looking at the dense nebular and all the small clouds here and there

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 12:42

I created new materials for only a few of the planets- so it won't work without copying the entrys in the new material libary.

Here is a list of all entrys you need for the planets, including the little sun:

<!--Earthlike Clouds-->
<!--Earthlike Planet-->
<!--Polecap hiding-->
<!--Ice Moon-->
<!--Techno Planet-->
<!--Gasplanet-->
<!--Black Hole-->
<!--Stardust Disk 2-->
<!--small Sun-->
<!--new Watermoon-->

And a list of the meshes you have to copy (don't forget to copy BOTH, lod0 and collision) from the Ency cluster_c_data to your own.

anim_blackhole_disc
anim_blackhole_part
anim_gasgiant
anim_moon_7a
anim_newstar
part_GeoSphere01
part_GeoSphere03clouds
part_GeoSphere03haze
part_haze_gasgiant
part_haze_watermoon
part_polemesh
part_watermoon

And you have to copy also the connection entrys into the new cluster_c.xml from all that meshs- thats important, I resized some of them, so the positions are different!

The textures you need you can find in the material libary entrys.
good luck!
greetings, MJ Fire

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 24. Jun 14, 10:08

I've been using this mod for awhile now. It's great stand alone and I thank you. The sweetFX settings are a nice bonus for folks who enjoy that really dark setup. My gamma might lower than normal I dunno or I'm old.

Thanks!

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 14:30

INFORMATION: DeserterX has released a 64-bit compatible Version- you need this new Version for Rebirth 2.2, because the 64-bit is now the primary exe.

Don't forget to save the settings file before copying the new Re-Imagined files from 2.1 (this is the new Re-Imagined Version with 64 bit)!!!
greetings, MJ Fire

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 01:35

Great Mod :)

I wonder if you know off the top of your head the co-ordinates of the devries star?

I'm thinking of implementing it's heat into my Hot Engines mod, but I think it's too close. In vanilla it looks like it's about twice as close as it should be given the skunk should overheat at around 2 million KM from a G2V (skunk can't survive re-entry so that gives us an idea of it's temperature tolerance).

Or would it be possible to move the sun to a better distance?

Thanks!!!

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 12:28

yeah, its a bit too close but in the corona there is a important fact that must be known- even when the particles are millions of degrees hot, the space between them is too big- so they can't give enough of their heat to you. When you're in space there, you would freeze to death, if your ship or spacesuit can block the other radiation. But your'e right, out there because of the radiation you should be dead- and the gravitation would pull you into the star, even when you can block the radiation.

But I think, the Skunk IS able to survive entry- or should be, because in the german official books many smaller ships can land on planets because of their shields. There is even a fight in a planets atmosphere between a Split Mamba and a Teladian yacht (hm, is it a fight whenh you ram a enemy because you have no weapons? :D ). The reason you die trying to land is because you don't know how to activate the 'entry mode' :wink: :D (in the normal flight, the shields are deactivated -the bar shows you the shield ENERGY not the shield integrity :wink:)

The same problems are of course at the surf planet- but I have a theory, I used it in my upcoming Chronicles mod- That both sectors are protected by two things: a big shield blocking most of the critical radiation and creating a vacuum and a machine that neutralizes the gravity- without, both sectours can't exist. I think the gravity machines are in the terran crystal palace at Glaring Truth and in the crater on the ground under Radiant Heaven.

And the highway tubes block any particles and create a vacuum inside, so that you can enter a atmosphere in it. Only bigger things like ships can enter the highway -a bit like water surface. That's shown also at the offical novels from Helge T. Kautz- in the new upcoming one for Rebirth. (An no, thats not really a Spoiler- The Information is extracted from a little reconciliation sentence between two locations)
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 12:32

By the way, I loaded the whole cluster into gmax, so I can see, where the sun is and where It should be after resizing- the same with the planets in OL.
greetings, MJ Fire

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 19:11

That's a great theory :) And I never knew that about the corona :) Very interesting.

I think it still holds with your argument that the skunk should feel the heat from the star and still potentially blow up. Even if it can survive re-entry, the Skunk still gets killed in game entering the atmosphere of a planet. That'd mean, we as Ren, would have a very selective memory, only remembering to turn on the re-entry systems when in the vicinity of a star and then completely forgetting about activating it when near a planet :D

But that does lead to an interesting concept: shields operating in two modes.

I don't mean to derail your thread, but what do you think the difference between these two shield modes would be? One would be for survival against weapons (both impact and energy eg normal gameplay), the other mode would be to survive frictional heating and high radiation.

I don't know how to open the clusters in gmax (nor do I have gmax) -- would you be able to give me the x,y,z co-ordinates of the sun?

And thanks again!

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 15:33

can you unpack the game? Hm, you must when you want to change it... in assets/environments/clusters you can find the file cluster_d.xml- this is the file, where you find the positions, rotations and visibility-boxes of the cluster DeVries. The Sun has multiple bodys combined at one position. The Sun parts are: anim_sun_smalla_layer1 to layer05, part_flare01 (in my mod its also flare02) and part_magneto01. So the Sun has 7 to 8 bodys.

The visibility-boxes: every body in this file has a information about the size, and its not to upscale the file (for that you need to upscale the mesh)- it's the information for the game to know, when the object is out of view- then the mesh gets deactivated. Thats why I call them visibility-boxes :wink:

Imprtant: y and z axis are reversed to the position ingame, and I think the x value is the negative...

Ginger470
x2

Post by Ginger470 » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 19:22

Thanks Commodore, I can find it from that info ... just wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for :)

Many thanks!

Realspace
x4

Great Work

Post by Realspace » Tue, 7. Oct 14, 00:00

Very happy to see you went further on this, I don't mod the game anymore so if you want feel free to implement the stars too by adding the part relating to stars only from my background mod. Ther are also some high-res textures for planets and nebulae, use them if you wish.
http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/53/?

I'm using yours now. For anybody using my mod RS_Stars and this mod you can delete all the content of the file material_library.xml in my Rs_Stars mod and add this content

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff>

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_dlc1_stars']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\textures\environments\stars_v2_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_a_stars']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\textures\environments\stars_pattern_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_a_stars_bright']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\textures\environments\cluster_a_bg_stars_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 
<!-- Albion Stars-->
<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_stars']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\textures\environments\cluster_b_bg_stars_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_stars_dim']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\environments\cluster\textures\stars_dim_lots_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_stars_bright']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\environments\cluster\textures\stars_bright_few_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_c_stars']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\textures\environments\cluster_c_bg_stars_diff"></property> 
  </replace>

<!-- DEVRIE STARS-->
<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_d_stars_bright']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\textures\environments\stars_rare_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_d_stars_dim']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\textures\environments\stars_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_d_stars']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\textures\environments\cluster_d_bg_stars_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='stars']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\textures\environments\stars_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection/material[@name='stars_pattern']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\RS_Stars\assets\textures\environments\stars_pattern_diff"></property> 
  </replace> 
 </diff> 
this way you can use both and my mod will add only better stars to the game. vanilla stars, expecially in Devrie, are bad

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 20:29

Hmmm, I personally like that vanilla stars- your new stars remind me on the picture, when I look to the stars when you're in city- darker, only a few- it's very different outside a city, then you can see much more stars, much brighter... I like that :wink: :D
But of course, everyone has his own favourite, so everyone, when you want, use it, no problem. :)

EDIT: Sorry, forgot a sentence- your planetary textures and others are nice, especially the clouds of the Planet in Albion, but I still have no Account on Nexus- and Downloading such a large file is only possible, if you have one. Bad Nexus... :(

Until now, no Problems under Patch 2.5, when you have one, report it...
And when 3.0 arrives... we'll see... :wink:
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 21:35

Can't believe it- no one noticed, that the little stoneplanet in DeVries is missing! :o :o :o :o It was a silly mistake in material libary... I will change this and add a rotation to it, then I will upload a fixfile also fixing two other little issues...
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 15:38

Patch is online, have fun! :)
greetings, MJ Fire

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”