[MOD] X rebirth Voice and Audio overhaul Loose edition. V1 FIXED THE LINK

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What should I improve more on the next version?

Improve editing on voices
28%
Improve sound effects
28%
Make the UI sound nicer
No votes
Make Betty talk more with the use of the UI
17%
Make betty say dishwasher for no reason whats so ever
28%

Total votes: 18

Privata
x4

[MOD] X rebirth Voice and Audio overhaul Loose edition. V1 FIXED THE LINK

Post by Privata » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 22:19

X rebirth Voice and Audio overhaul Loose edition.
This is a different version to my audio overhaul mod , as this one it is in loose files (Read how to install if you dont know how to use the loose files mode)
so what the different? this version includes all my edited sounds (remove my sound mod)
but not just that ! it all so includes the brand new re edited voices.
bare in mind the mod is not fished yet .*

LINK http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/ ... d_id%3D367

-------HOW TO INSTALE-----------
Remove my old version of the mod if you have it

You have to put both the file SFX and voice-L044 in to your X rebirth root
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\X Rebirth)
Then go to your steam and right click on rebirth and then select properties then click on set launch options then add in '' -prefersinglefiles"" with out the "".
----------------------------------

---*Details*---
so , then what does it do?
-the mod makes the exterior sounds muted , dark and mysterious no longer will you hear water , or insects in space ! know you will hear the vibrations of your lasers , or the enemies motors on there ships.

but what about the voices?
well it removes silly words such as :
Nice chat ..... NOT ! = Goodby Ottani.
I need a hachet job done , no you dont need a axe = I need a hachet job done.
so it removes most of the silly things , the only down side is you see the mouth of npc open and close with no sound (rare)
(Bare in mind even tho most of all the files are edited , it still is WIP but it is safe for gameplay and 60-70%done and will improve with time)

-------HOW TO INSTALE-----------
Remove my old version of the mod if you have it

You have to put both the file SFX and voice-L044 in to your X rebirth root
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\X Rebirth)
Then go to your steam and right click on rebirth and then select properties then click on set launch options then add in '' -prefersinglefiles"" with out the "".
----------------------------------
Last edited by Privata on Tue, 4. Feb 14, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 23:15

Feature list (in current version)
-All out side sound effects changed so they sound muffled like things should in space , adding to the feel of claustrophobia in space.
-UI sound changes to more ear pleasing ones
-betty know speaks the name of the weapon you choose (WIP)
-MUCH better voices , sins the anoying or silly parts have either been cut out or replaced. (there are still errors here and there but will be fixed with patches)
-station ambianced reworked (all done , but re overhaul coming soon)

future plans
flavor packs and expansions , the possibility for you to choose what files you want

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 17:27

Hey, i'm downloading the mod (515 MB which is quite a bit for the connection speed in my country), so i would like to ask if it isn't that much work: can you give us back the betty from X3? Obviously Egosoft wont be doing that. They preffer the new useless co-pilot that can turn her head 180 degrees.

Betty gives that feel of piloting a ship with a futuristic onboard computer.. that lacks in here.

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 18:14

Eriodas wrote:Hey, i'm downloading the mod (515 MB which is quite a bit for the connection speed in my country), so i would like to ask if it isn't that much work: can you give us back the betty from X3? Obviously Egosoft wont be doing that. They preffer the new useless co-pilot that can turn her head 180 degrees.

Betty gives that feel of piloting a ship with a futuristic onboard computer.. that lacks in here.
well , this is an older version than the one I have for me that is still being finalized and I got my self a voice actress ! thats right ! that means she will be redoing ALL the anoying as frack female voices in the game.

in my mod , I try my best to add more sounds.

for ppl like you I shall upload my next version in smaller parts so you can download it bit by bit , or just the bits you like

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 20:45

Wow thanks for the consideration and your work.

I totally hate the ridiculous dialog some NPC has, and the lack of betty's voice (That's why i have X3Ap+XRM+(A lot of other mods) installed also).

Did you also got rid of the insulting dialog? It makes me think of uninstalling the game (Again).

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 22:09

Eriodas wrote:Wow thanks for the consideration and your work.

I totally hate the ridiculous dialog some NPC has, and the lack of betty's voice (That's why i have X3Ap+XRM+(A lot of other mods) installed also).

Did you also got rid of the insulting dialog? It makes me think of uninstalling the game (Again).
yes all imature dialog is gone , I cant remeber to what extent in the version you have , or are thinking of using.
in the version you have there I change things so its like this
Nice chat....NOT !
is
Nice chat. witch sounds more neutral.

I also maid betty say the name of some weapons , again cant remeber if that current or old , I will upload new one just I allways make shure my work is playable befor giving it to the public.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”