[MOD] Explore and Salvage v1.0 (4.0 Update)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 26. Aug 16, 23:28

iforgotmysocks wrote:Oh... i didn't even know that compability issues on other platforms exist. xD Thought it's all the same. :D I'll have to look into it.
Thank you.

To save you the search there is a guide in this thread:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=380912

basically for what I get:
  • * No uppercase anywhere
    * No spaces in names or weird windows name thingies

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 00:02

Thanks, that helps quite alot. :D

jocan2003
x4

Re: [MOD] Explore and Salvage v1.0 (4.0 Update)

Post by jocan2003 » Thu, 8. Sep 16, 04:17

iforgotmysocks wrote:You need to install SideBarExtender by Philipp Offensand for the menu options to work.

Link Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/416/?

(Some pretty stuff to look at)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y1i9md23old7abs/8jj3RRY21j

Explore and Salvage

Important! If you want to update a save that runs an older version of EaS you have to perform following steps!
Before removing the old version open the config file (Extensions\ExploreAndSalvage\md\ES_Config.xml)
and set the value "global.$ES_InitUpdate" to exact="true" and save the file before closing.
Load your save now so the old mod content is going to be removed. Save your game!

Now just add the latest version and keep playing. :)

New in v1.0:
- Fixed Enemy Capship turrets not firing in some situations
- Fixed Salvagers not working if Exploration was disabled
- Enemies are more aggressive now

New in v0.09:
- Another issue causing the disappearance of ships spawned by EaS after boarding fixed
- Updated enemy spawn libraries and overhauled enemy spawns
- Improved cleanup on mod-removal, now all EaS wrecks get removed, even those who's cleanup routines were disrupted (happens rarely)
- Fixed an issue that caused weapon modifications to disappear

New in v0.08:
- Debrisfields no longer despawn while the player is close to them (happend before if the player was crossing over zone boarders frequently)
- Adjusted loottables a little more
- Fixed an oversight hiding in the weapon removal script when removing the mod. (Back then mk2 was topnotch and to avoid problems the mod simply removed all weapons and added a set of mk2 weapons, now the player gets to keep his weapons)

New in v0.07:
- Salvagable NPC wrecks!
- Exploration (Spawning of wrecks and enemies) is modular now and can be disabled in the config file
- Drone loot is logged via logbook entries if enabled in the ingame menu
- Fixed loottables (the new items ruined the old loottabels - sorry about that :D)
- All loottables are now configurable in the config file
- Boarded ships won't be removed by cleanup routines anymore
- Improved cleanup
- General code adjustments (last version was released over 2 years ago)

New in v0.06:
- Different enemies now, not just your daily xenon ;x
- Slightly improved enemy ai (i didnt have much time, this is just a quick solution until i can focus on that)
- Removed salvage items and created a loottable which contains items that actually make sense.

New in v0.05:
- Added menuoption to en/disable drone autolaunch
- Added menuoption to en/disable drone ware selection (legal/illegal)
- Nerfed collectingspeed of drones
- Fixed the drone animation (they actually only pull out their arms if they are working now)
- Fixed a bug which caused errors in legal ware collections
- Fixed the drone's name
- Requires SideBarExtender now (if you don't want to use the SideBarExtender,
you can also set the drone launch and ware type options in the config file.

New in v0.04:
- Update to the update/deinstallroutine, 0.02 can be updated without issues if done as described
(Sorry if you installed 0.03 already, hopefully you still have a save with 0.02, otherwise your
weaponlayout will be messed up if you had salvagers installed. If you didn't have salvagers, you are fine.)

Salvage Drones:
Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i7141o7jh8sz ... 5tdAa?dl=0

Salvage Drones can be bought at your friendly neighbourhood
Equipment Vendor. They are't entirely cheap, but they are worth it. :p
I created them as inventory items, so they wouldn't stop the player from taking combat drones.
They work completly on their own, and don't need any playerattention. (Except protection)
The player can activate/deactivate autolaunch and collection of illegal wares under "Crew" in the Main menu.
If the playership finds wrecks in range (default 20km), up to (default 20) drones are launched which start salvaging the wrecks in range.
If the player moves too far away (default >30km), they will take it as a recall and return, unload their cargo and dock.
A drone will also return to the player if its cargo is full (200 items), but will continue salvaging after dropping of the salvageloot.
If a player enters a highway, drones will "jump to the playership and dock automaticly".
Drones can also leave illegal wares behind. (This will prevent being killed by stations while afk salvaging ^^)

The config file can be found here: (Extensions\ExploreAndSalvage\md\ES_Config.xml)

Known Bugs:
- Sometimes site spawns end up being "ghost sites", the player will pass through spawned content, and can't attack it. Enemies aren't able to harm anybody either. Drones can salvage wrecks as usual. This only happens rarly and i'm working on it. Simply leave the site aside until it despawns.

Planned:
- More realistic salvage animation

This mod brings exploration, hunting down spezial items, practicly a reason to leave the spacecities and highways once in a while.
Discovering long forgotten shipgraveyards, finding missing relicts...

Archived:
- Salvageable NPC Wrecks
- Spawning random groups/clusters of debris/wrecks with the chance for enemies to hide in and loot to find. (currently spawning/despawning by entering/leaving a zone)
- Creating large remaining fields of spacetrash which might hide enemies and treasures... or probably just trash. (Just 1 each sector in albion yet)
- Salvagers which can be bought or found to salvage wrecks.

In work:
- Collecting information about the game performace while running the mod
- Collecting some ideas how to bring more depht in the whole process of exploring
- Creating more remaining trashfields and shipgraveyards
- Creating local events which might leed to more wrecks (some on paper, some for real)
- Writing logbooktexts which tell a fitting story about some larger trashfields or ship graveyards
- Better enemyvariations and control

Planned:
- More variations of debris and stuff like stations etc.
- Creating missions forcing the player to go out there
- Salvage ships and drones which can salvage large amounts and collect goods used in the economy. (This will take time!)
- Dynamical and depletable space trash fields forming where battles take place

If you guys like the project, stick around, drop off some ideas and enjoy a much needed game experiance, soon. :)

Install:
Download the mod, extract the data and copy it into your Extentions Directory.

Update/Uninstall:
Before removing the old version open the config file (Extensions\ExploreAndSalvage\md\ES_Config.xml)
and set the value "global.$ES_InitUpdate" to exact="true" and save the file before closing.
Load your save now so the old mod content is going to be removed. Save your game!

Now just add the latest version and keep playing. :)
Oh wow, makes me think of the one i made for X3 reunion back in the days!!, thank you for this mod :D

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 13. Sep 16, 03:35

I absolutely love the idea behind this mode! I have been wanting a slavaging mechanism for a long time.

This adds a new interesting way to get materials.

I just want to confirm one thing:

For example when a ship is destroyed, can you salvage its wreck? Or do the ship wrecks randomly spawn accross the universe?

it would be amazing if i can send my salvagers into a warzone and let them do their job, then sell/use the loot.

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Tue, 13. Sep 16, 06:15

yes you can salvage wrecks from freshly destroyed ships even all the fighters you kill. but you can also salvage what i think random deposits.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 13. Sep 16, 06:28

I really want to install this mode, but i would like to confirm another one point:

Is this mode compatible with CWIR mod?

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 13. Sep 16, 13:22

Hi Warnoise

Yes it works with mine and i haven't come across one mod it doesn't work with.

There are a few flyby mods that when working with this mod saves you the trouble of searching for those containers after shooting said ships if you want to increase your savage stocks.
Last edited by JESS 246 on Fri, 16. Sep 16, 13:35, edited 2 times in total.

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Thu, 15. Sep 16, 07:55

can someone tell me what i am supposed to do with all the people i pickup?
and that rare Terran high tech is far to common i just made 100million after like an hour of salvaging.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 15. Sep 16, 12:36

Hi ADMNtek

I had found mostly in Omicron leire (sorry for spelling) stations are traders with a suitcase icon some of these buy the people this was a while back haven't seen these traders or sold any people lately.

Hope this help.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 10:27

Are there any plans to add salvagers (ships that salvage wreckss) for AI factions?

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Sat, 17. Sep 16, 07:26

i just noticed something since i have this mod installed station info points don't show up as easily as before. is that intentional or am i just imagining things.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 17. Sep 16, 12:31

Hi ADMNtek

There's been a lot of issues/posts about station icons not showing i've had many stations with nothing showing even the docks so i tried this as a quick fix all i did was hit the window key this put the game in the taskbar its like a pause then bring it back up it worked for me so see if that works for you this action can cure a lot of glitches.

Also I think there's a mod out there that improves the station icons sorry cant remember the name might be in workshop or Nexus mods.

As well you may be at an angle that the icon wont show move about a bit see if that works too.

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Sun, 18. Sep 16, 00:29

i have now switched the game to borderless window and it is better now.

but one more thing is there a way to remove something from the loot table i want to stop getting those rare Terran high tech good they are far to expensive.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 30. Sep 16, 19:06

Hey guys, sorry, i've been busy. Thanks for helping each other out! :)

A couple anseres to questions above:

1. Salvageloot is completely customizable, take a look at the config file.

2. I had plans to introduce bigger salvageships which would then recover industrial materials but i don't think i have the time to get there. Theres alot more involved as it seems and i'd run in various gamelimitations trying to implement it and it costs some serious amount of time to find ways around them.

3. This mod does in no way affect info points or ui elements in any way, mate. Must be something else. :/

Aww and i forgot to upload the linux version... well i hope i can get to it soon.

Romz
x4

Post by Romz » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 12:44

Hello! What are the chances that this mod will be adapted to patch 4.30?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 13:29

Romz wrote:Hello! What are the chances that this mod will be adapted to patch 4.30?
Not very high. Adapting itself wouldn't be a problem, simply deactivating the exploration part should fix the biggest problem. Salvagers and salvage drones should still work (after a little update) to salavage npc ship wrecks, but sadly the game engine has been changed in a way that basicly killed my approach of spawning ship wreck fields duo to insane performance issues that i wasn't able to track down at all.

I have 2 weeks off now, so i might just take a look after the holidays and try again. Worst case i'll just disable the exploration part for good and then it's only gonna be a salvage mod.

Romz
x4

Post by Romz » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 20:11

For exploration we have Exploration Software. So here let it be only Salvaging

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 27. Dec 17, 16:04

Romz wrote:For exploration we have Exploration Software. So here let it be only Salvaging
Exploration Software does something entirely different. ^^ The exploration part in this mod used to be able to spawn lots of wreckage fields with loot for the player to find, enemies to fight and lots of wrecks to salvage. It was rather the bigger part of the mod.

Hm, most things are fixed by now except the exploration part, gonna have to disable it. I'm currently concidering to add, that drones also loot wares in space.

I'll see how much time i have the next couple days and update it when it's all done.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”