[MOD] Auto Trader (v1.1 Dec 15 2015)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 17:11

DarthNihilus wrote:There's no description of what the captain is doing when the ship is set to AT. It's always "nothing". Damn, I want to be a ships' captain.
The text displayed of his current action is due to a "command". Unfortunately there is no way to customize this to, say "Auto Trading".

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

DarthNihilus

Post by DarthNihilus » Wed, 16. Mar 16, 15:55

the "sector miner" doesn't want to show up
To start the AutoMiner the ship needs at least 10 Scooper and 10 surface drones
oh ok

DarthNihilus

Post by DarthNihilus » Fri, 18. Mar 16, 10:18

A few times I saw that the autotraders are selling for LESS money than they bought!!!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 18. Mar 16, 14:05

DarthNihilus wrote:A few times I saw that the autotraders are selling for LESS money than they bought!!!
This should not be possible. Any trade consists of a ware from a seller and a corresponding buyer selected by maximum profit. Once chosen both, buy and sell, actions are reserved to avoid other traders to interfere with that trade. How did you "see" that?

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

DarthNihilus

Post by DarthNihilus » Fri, 18. Mar 16, 14:10

euclid wrote:
DarthNihilus wrote:A few times I saw that the autotraders are selling for LESS money than they bought!!!
This should not be possible. Any trade consists of a ware from a seller and a corresponding buyer selected by maximum profit. Once chosen both, buy and sell, actions are reserved to avoid other traders to interfere with that trade. How did you "see" that?

Cheers Euclid
In the notifications window. I made it write to the log, I'll check it out again.

DarthNihilus

Post by DarthNihilus » Mon, 21. Mar 16, 19:41

is it possible to add cv's into stationtrader not only stations?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 21. Mar 16, 23:46

DarthNihilus wrote:is it possible to add cv's into stationtrader not only stations?
That is a good idea .. I'll look into that.

Cheers Euclid

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 01:35

Is this mod compatible with the latest game version? And is it compatible with CWIR?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 09:10

BoostHungry wrote:Is this mod compatible with the latest game version? And is it compatible with CWIR?
It has been reported as compatible with the current release of the game (4.00). It's a bit early to tell for the new beta being tested (4.10) because it could theoretically contain breaking changes after it is finalised.

I don't know if it is compatible with CWIR. Feel free to ask in the CWIR thread too - soem users of it might use this mod.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 09:33

euclid wrote:
DarthNihilus wrote:There's no description of what the captain is doing when the ship is set to AT. It's always "nothing". Damn, I want to be a ships' captain.
The text displayed of his current action is due to a "command". Unfortunately there is no way to customize this to, say "Auto Trading".

Cheers Euclid

what about using the free trade command? i think this should be a good enough fit

(late reply because i just read that post now)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 14:22

Please read the OP/readme ... everything that could interfere with the AutoTrader is in there but here again:
  • 1# Change of the captain or his inventory/account

2# Issue any other command to the ship
And, yes, because of the above exceptions it will work with the latest version (4.10).

Concerning the command setting I'm reluctant to set it on Free Trade because that might (if not now then in a future patch) call the free trade script to interfere with the autotrade script.
Once the Auto Trader has started there is no reason for him to stop the job unless the player interfers (see the two points above).

Cheers Euclid

Inchínn
x4

Post by Inchínn » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 22:34

I installed teh mod with Nexus, it didnt seem to work (nor have a few with Nexus)
So i removed it and tried teh steam version.

Now Autotrader 0.01 is missing form teh save game.

THe steam version and correct version is 1.10.

Nexus seems to do this with all mods, its a pain! any fix?

UPDATE - it was in teh save file, I have had others do this and could not find them in the "Patches" area of save.
So fixed I hope i get the mod working with steam version.

nope -
[gamestart: 179] - [Wed Mar 22 22:46:12 2017]: Error: extensions\autotrader\md\euclidsautotraderalt.xml(168): Error while scanning expression: Missing ' at end of expression
* Input: {345000,87} '.[$Title,event.object.knownname,$Level,event.object.maxbudget/1Cr , event.object.maxbudget % 100]
* Pos:

-reinstalled manually, it works, but the ship is not in my sqaud while pressing autopilot x2 , then i get the Autotrade menu.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 13:32

Hmm ... there is a steam version? :o

All my mods are exclusively uploaded on the Nexus and the downloads from there are working fine. How do you know that the Nexus version didn't work? A few more details would be helpful.

If you have trouble with the steam version then ask whoever uploaded it there .. wasn't me :p

Cheers Euclid

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 20:05

UniTrader wrote:
euclid wrote:

Cheers Euclid

what about using the free trade command? i think this should be a good enough fit

(late reply because i just read that post now)
IIrc then "free trade" triggers trade.findfreetraderuns.xml which would interfere with the autotrade script.

Cheers Euclid

Netblaise
x3fl

Post by Netblaise » Fri, 1. Sep 17, 08:25

DOes this still work?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 14:21

Netblaise wrote:DOes this still work?
Yes, works fine in my game.

Cheers Euclid

Stonehouse
x4

Post by Stonehouse » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 00:24

Is it common that a galaxystationminer just start to collect something without any offer?

My GSM started mining niv cause there was no need for mining stuff at my stations...but i have no station that need niv...after he collect 10k one station needed ore so he switched to ore...got 2,5k (cause the storage was already blocked with niv) and sold it...mined the next 2,5k and sold it...

So...does he sell the niv to other stations? Or sould i take care of it...

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 14:34

Sells products to other stations automatically.

Stonehouse
x4

Post by Stonehouse » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 14:42

Didnt even look like ... still got the niv at storage and using the free storage for other stuff my stations need...

I edited the amount that should be free after mining stuff ;)

I removed the log msg for total profit...cause that spam rly sucks...i'd like to just lower it but looks like if i extend the "wait" i slow down the whole script or did i read it wrong :D

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 18:53

Hi Stonehouse,

And no, a station miner should only collect resources that are in demand for at least one of your stations. He will not trade with any npc stations. If none of your stations require any collectibles then the station miner will idle and check the demands of your stations in frequent intervals.

Cheers Euclid

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”