[MOD] PlayerJump (Update August 22 2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 11. Jan 14, 03:37

Lovely update :) Tyvm.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 04:06

Nice work, very handy.

Can you make it compatible with NESA mod please? (They use the same keys Universe - 3)

zxzlf

Post by zxzlf » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 09:53

Glad to see updating.
But there is a problem:the choice "Jump to the position"&"Mark the position" have conflict with NESA.
Change the choice position from "bottom_left" to "top_right" may be a solution.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 12:07

zxzlf wrote:Glad to see updating.
But there is a problem:the choice "Jump to the position"&"Mark the position" have conflict with NESA.
Change the choice position from "bottom_left" to "top_right" may be a solution.
Thanks Endeavour79 & zxzlf for the feedback :)

And, yes zxzlf, this is a solution but please adjust this in your version because some other mod may use the very key and we have yet another conflict.

To avoid conflicts like that I guess we have to wait patiently for Egosoft to implement menu features like we have in X3:R.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 15:14

A local workaround would be to edit the lines starting :

Code: Select all

<add_player_choice_sub text=
and removing the optional parameter

Code: Select all

position="*menu slot*"
The mod will then simply place the option at first available position. Too many for that menu handler might well cut off later added one of course...

(Props to UniTrader for pointing this solution out to me in a different discussion)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 15:20

Strange things happen YorrickVander, I usually do that and had that in a first test version but, although there were free slots, the unpositioned command did not show the option. This is why I've inserted a position.

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

[Cyborg]
x3tc

Post by [Cyborg] » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 02:57

hello,

Great script Euclid !!

I made ​​some changes and maybe you would like to adopt them.

Here my changes :

NESA Compatibility
New Menu and sub Menu
You can't mark position if docked
Clear old position
Now support Multilang

I hope this Update can help

thanks
Last edited by [Cyborg] on Thu, 16. Jan 14, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 17:44

[Cyborg] wrote:I made ​​some changes and may be you would like to adopt them.
I hope you asked before you changed his mod and just published it yourself...

[Cyborg]
x3tc

Post by [Cyborg] » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 19:06

iforgotmysocks wrote: I hope you asked before you changed his mod and just published it yourself...
:arrow: There are no restrictions introduced by Euclid

also I applied a simple philosophy:

When you see someone in trouble, you ask him if he needs help or you help without asking !?

I prefer to help without asking  because I think anything that is not given is lost and because I do not expect anything in return.

I hope this clarify things for a better world (X or Your) !

Cheers

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 20:12

nexusmods wrote:Note: crediting other people's work does not entitle you to use their work. You must always get permission from the creator of the work first before you upload it
Well... it's pretty much on you what you do.
But if you wanna help somebody, you should do it the legal way.

Oh, and the default settings (no other restrictions) means:

Users can modify my file; including releasing bug fixes or improving on the features my file adds to the game, and upload it as a separate file
Not without permission from me first

[Cyborg]
x3tc

Post by [Cyborg] » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 21:07

iforgotmysocks wrote:
nexusmods wrote:Note: crediting other people's work does not entitle you to use their work. You must always get permission from the creator of the work first before you upload it
Well... it's pretty much on you what you do.
But if you wanna help somebody, you should do it the legal way.

Oh, and the default settings (no other restrictions) means:

Users can modify my file; including releasing bug fixes or improving on the features my file adds to the game, and upload it as a separate file
Not without permission from me first

hey dude WTF you want ? :evil:

nexusmod rules are for their members , I never seen these rules in Euclid post here from Egosoft forum or in the file readme.txt from PlayerJumpAnim MOD

If you don't like don't use it And please, stop your flood and crying like a poor kid !

You're there only to criticize , what have you done to help this community ?
maybe your problem is that you have not been able to do what I did !

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 21:55

[Cyborg] wrote: hey dude WTF you want ? :evil:

If you don't like don't use it And please, stop your flood and crying like a poor kid !
You are raging like a kid. ;)
And you should respect others work and ask before using it as you please. Decency is not your strong side, is it?
[Cyborg] wrote: You're there only to criticize , what have you done to help this community ?
You've gotta be kidding. xD
I won't list the hundreds of hours.
[Cyborg] wrote: maybe your problem is that you have not been able to do what I did
It's getting funny. ^-^

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 22:25

[Cyborg] wrote:nexusmod rules are for their members , I never seen these rules in Euclid post here from Egosoft forum or in the file readme.txt from PlayerJumpAnim MOD
If the Author didnt state anything about using his Work that basically means he did not give you any permission to use his work, Credited or not. Since i dont know what euclid thinks about this and i dont want to provoke unnecesary conflict i will leave this as it is for now, but next time please ask the Author before if he didnt state the conditions for re-usage by others.

EDIT: PS just found the related Rules from Nexusmods
Absolutely no copyrighted work is to be used without permission of the original creator. This includes content from other games, from DLCs, music creators or from other file authors. This also includes members from countries that do not recognise copyright laws.
and since euclid uploaded it there it is pretty safe to assume that their Conditions for re-usage of his work are in accord with the Authors intentions. These rules are the conditions under which the Author released this Mod - it has nothing to do with you being Member there or not.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

[Cyborg]
x3tc

Post by [Cyborg] » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 22:42

UniTrader wrote:
[Cyborg] wrote:nexusmod rules are for their members , I never seen these rules in Euclid post here from Egosoft forum or in the file readme.txt from PlayerJumpAnim MOD
If the Author didnt state anything about using his Work that basically means he did not give you any permission to use his work, Credited or not. Since i dont know what euclid thinks about this and i dont want to provoke unnecesary conflict i will leave this as it is for now, but next time please ask the Author before if he didnt state the conditions for re-usage by others.
I agree and sorry for the inconvenience ,my intention here was to help sharing what i did with this Mod .

thank you for your understanding

[Cyborg]
x3tc

Post by [Cyborg] » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 22:50

iforgotmysocks wrote:
[Cyborg] wrote: maybe your problem is that you have not been able to do what I did
It's getting funny. ^-^
funny is you , why you don't take your other account ?

I lost too much time to give you my attention , so good luck , you need it in your life!

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 22:58

[Cyborg] wrote:
iforgotmysocks wrote:
It's getting funny. ^-^
funny is you , why you don't take your other account ?

I lost too much time to give you my attention , so good luck , you need it in your life!
What other account?
Probably, thanks! It's always better to be lucky. :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 00:19

Chill guys :-)

I appreciate your intervention on my behalf but there is no need to turn this thread into a threat :p
[Cyborg] wrote: ....and maybe you would like to adopt them....
Tad late for that Cyborg since you have published your mod of my mod already. Had appreciated a pm before you publish it - next time ;-)

Concerning copyrights: I allow anyone to modify any of my mods but please, do not publish them on the Nexus. I will keep maintaining my mods there and do not wish any conflicts.

After all we are a big family of players enjoying the same game and hence any improvements to existing mods are beneficial for our gamer community :-)

Cheers Euclid

[Cyborg]
x3tc

Post by [Cyborg] » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 04:35

euclid wrote:Chill guys :-)

I appreciate your intervention on my behalf but there is no need to turn this thread into a threat :p
[Cyborg] wrote: ....and maybe you would like to adopt them....
Tad late for that Cyborg since you have published your mod of my mod already. Had appreciated a pm before you publish it - next time ;-)

Concerning copyrights: I allow anyone to modify any of my mods but please, do not publish them on the Nexus. I will keep maintaining my mods there and do not wish any conflicts.

After all we are a big family of players enjoying the same game and hence any improvements to existing mods are beneficial for our gamer community :-)

Cheers Euclid
Hi Euclid,

Thanks , sorry for inconvenience , I only made that upgrade for NESA compatibility and because I love It ! small script with nice render in game , im working to finish a more advanced version . I have only 5 days playing Xrebirth and very long time out of the world X !

[Cyborg]
x3tc

Post by [Cyborg] » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 10:54

v0.22 Done !

- Monitoring your jump now is possible for fix pos or Zone pos
- Menu and Code improvement

Enjoy !

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 23:18

I noticed that I am loosing a lot of unlocked trade offers every time when jumping. Can you please fix this?

Cheers

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”