[MOD]XRNebulas

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

redshift690
x4

Post by redshift690 » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 16:02

This looks amazing! Will definitely be using this my next attempt at a playthrough here in a few months. Thanks for this.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 18:07

sweet! thank you.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 15:43

Excellent mod ... The only one I use ...Can someone tell me how to get rid of the comic book go faster stripes following the static exploding rocks in Albion.

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 15:55

birdtable wrote:Excellent mod ... The only one I use ...Can someone tell me how to get rid of the comic book go faster stripes following the static exploding rocks in Albion.
try turning off SSAO , however I dont see what you mean by the game looking comic book , yes there somthing that looks a bit lowish res about the game but it not the assets but more the render , so maybe SSAO will help when its off

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 15:59

@ Privata ... I never said the game looked comic book ... I said the impression of movement following the exploding rocks looked and is comic book.... the exploding moon or whatever it is meant to be ...

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 16:02

birdtable wrote:@ Privata ... I never said the game looked comic book ... I said the impression of movement following the exploding rocks looked and is comic book.... the exploding moon or whatever it is meant to be ...
ah ok , sorry.
know that I think of it , yes there does seem to be a weird shader around the moon.... or something that looks like one.

yeah and sorry for miss understanding your post :)

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 16:11

No problem .... :)

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 19:46

birdtable wrote:Excellent mod ... The only one I use ...Can someone tell me how to get rid of the comic book go faster stripes following the static exploding rocks in Albion.
If you mean dust(smoke) trails that exploding rocks leaves from the broken moons, i'll fix that in the mod that i'm currently working on that should make all the planet and moons look as real as posibble or atleast as good as the X3 planets or maybe even better.
Last edited by ICO_hr on Thu, 16. Jan 14, 20:28, edited 2 times in total.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 20:22

@ ICO_hr ..... Brilliant ... The static smoke trails really do look crap ...look forward to that mod especially the "or maybe better" ...
Cheers .... :D :D :D

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 20:27

Btw if anyone else want something removed or changed drop one post here i will see what i can do. :)

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 23:19

ICO_hr wrote:Btw if anyone else want something removed or changed drop one post here i will see what i can do. :)
love the mod as well , and better planets ?! :o
I would love a better volumetric fog.

and there are two textures that I hate in rebirth , its that flat 2d nebula in omicron shure it adds depth but it reminds me of melted cheese , I dont like cheese and the smoke FX....

annyway , you are amazing !

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 23:58

Privata wrote:I would love a better volumetric fog.
Only thing i can do here is to change the color and density but i can't write better fog.Sorry.
Privata wrote:and there are two textures that I hate in rebirth , its that flat 2d nebula in omicron shure it adds depth but it reminds me of melted cheese , I dont like cheese and the smoke FX....
All nebulas and clouds in Omicron are added currently to the Planet mod and will be changed.I will separate and add them as update to XR Nebulas mod when i have time for them. :)

Magma Tung

Post by Magma Tung » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 21:35

Let me understand this correctly here. :o

I went over to Nexus website to download this, and its requiring me to sign up
in order for me to download anything, and on top of that its asking for a monthly fee to even sign up ? :o
Just so I can download a few files for XR ?
seriously?.... am I getting this correctly or am i missing something here :?

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 21:49

You don't have to pay anything to have an account on Nexus, though you do need an account to upload or download mods there.

You can just click past that page without selecting any of the "supporter" options and you'll have a free account.

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 22:37

Oops...missed this mod till now... it drops fps?

-Skipp-
x4

Post by -Skipp- » Sun, 24. Jan 16, 22:20

I've been using X:R Nebulas and X:R Planets since they became available. Unfortunately the mod is not compatible with 4.0 beta, and it makes planets semi-transparent so you can see through them.

I'm guessing the nebula/space background textures overlap the planet textures so you get the effect half the planet is missing (screenshot below).

If you're still working on the mod - would you like checking it out? The game looks gorgeous with both mods turned on

Top image - Before 4.0 beta
Lower image - After 4.0 beta

http://i.imgur.com/VJtDzUB.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

NodusCursorius
x4

Post by NodusCursorius » Sun, 11. Jun 17, 05:08

-Skipp- wrote:I've been using X:R Nebulas and X:R Planets since they became available. Unfortunately the mod is not compatible with 4.0 beta, and it makes planets semi-transparent so you can see through them.

I'm guessing the nebula/space background textures overlap the planet textures so you get the effect half the planet is missing (screenshot below).
This affects the vanilla planets as well and seems to be related to the argon flare_bg_mesh in the file:

Code: Select all

X Rebirth\extensions\XR_Nebulas\assets\environments\cluster\cluster_b.xml
If you take the original code

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<diff>
    <!--Remove Argon Flare_bg_mesh-->
	<remove sel="/components/component/connections/connection[@name='Connection14']" />

</diff>
And comment out that single line, like so:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<diff>
    <!--Remove Argon Flare_bg_mesh-->
	 <!--<remove sel="/components/component/connections/connection[@name='Connection14']" />-->

</diff>
All should be well and fixed for the planet and nebula textures, though obviously this brings back the flare in Albion that I'd like to get rid of. I do not know why this bug has occurred nor do I remember the modding framework enough to fix it while also keeping the flare removed.
This isn't about death. This is about what you learn from death. Never hollow.

kongha

Post by kongha » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 22:44

[quote="NodusCursorius"]
All should be well and fixed for the planet and nebula textures, though obviously this brings back the flare in Albion that I'd like to get rid of. I do not know why this bug has occurred nor do I remember the modding framework enough to fix it [b]while also[/b] keeping the flare removed.[/quote]

Thank you. It worked excellent for me.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”