[MOD]XRNebulas

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ICO_hr

[MOD]XRNebulas

Post by ICO_hr » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 05:05

DESCRIPTION
Texture Overhaul for Albion,DeVries and Omicron Solar System Background Nebulas.

MOD VERSIONS
XRN HI-RES - Hi-Res textures.
XRN VANILLA - Vanilla size textures.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by ICO_hr on Sun, 12. Jan 14, 21:44, edited 3 times in total.

Vanysh2

Post by Vanysh2 » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 05:47

It's nice so far.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 06:11

Oh, f..k!Can someone move this thread to Scripts and Modding.Thank you. :)

Nukah

Post by Nukah » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 06:17

Looks nice :)

ALien8ed
x4

Post by ALien8ed » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 09:20

Great work as always.

Looks fantastic and am looking forward to seeing more of this... :)

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 12:40

:o
I normaly dont like it when a mod changes how the vanilla look is (or rather goes to far from the original feel )
but somthing about the way you ballanced the colors and the positioning of the nebula looks like its still the old green nebula only with more color , and of course based on a real one , good work I will be shure to try this out.
I think you are going to be the texture god of rebirth

arc_

Post by arc_ » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 13:05

That looks absolutely spectacular :o

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 01:34

Beautiful! When can we expect to see the finished product?
Ayn Rand was correct.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 16:56

jasonbarron wrote:Beautiful! When can we expect to see the finished product?
Argon and DeVries before the end of the week.Omicron will be next year because the way background is build is tricky to work.Unfortunately for Maelstrom i cant do anything because they have skydome only for the stars.

Is anyone know how on earth i can use DeVries skydome mesh for Maelstrom and Omicron with different texture so i can do proper backgrounds?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 17:09

ICO_hr wrote:Is anyone know how on earth i can use DeVries skydome mesh for Maelstrom and Omicron with different texture so i can do proper backgrounds?
i think that can be done with the map.xmls - will perhaps have a look when at home.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 17:44

UniTrader wrote:i think that can be done with the map.xmls - will perhaps have a look when at home.
I've checked Cluster(something).xmls and there have something for backgrounds and basicaly everything that is in the solar sysems but i have no idea what to do.

Btw can you help me with something else?

Code: Select all

<material name="cluster_b_nebula_mask" shader="shaderfx\high\XU_simple_background_neb.fx" blendmode="additive" preview="none">
      <properties>
        <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="assets\environments\cluster\textures\cluster_b_fog_mask1"></property>
        <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_detail_map" value="assets\environments\cluster\textures\cluster_b_fog_detailmask1"></property>
        <property type="Float" name="diffuseStr" value="0.7"></property>
      </properties>
I want to change (diffuseStr" value="0.7") to (diffuseStr" value="1.0") but when i do it the whole background turns pure white.

I've tried this:

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
     <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\XRNebulas\assets\environments\cluster\textures\cluster_b_fog_mask1"></property>   
     <property type="Float" name="diffuseStr" value="1.0"></property>
	 </replace>
<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_detail_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_detail_map" value="extensions\XRNebulas\assets\environments\cluster\textures\cluster_b_fog_detailmask1"></property>
  </replace>
...and this....

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_map']">
     <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\XRNebulas\assets\environments\cluster\textures\cluster_b_fog_mask1"></property>        
	 </replace>
<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_detail_map']">
    <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_detail_map" value="extensions\XRNebulas\assets\environments\cluster\textures\cluster_b_fog_detailmask1"></property>
    <property type="Float" name="diffuseStr" value="1.0"></property>
	</replace>
Can you tell me how this should work?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 18:14

first your additional issue: try that:

<diff>
<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffuseStr']/@value">1.0</replace>
</diff>
you aimed at the wrong node ( <property name="diffuse_map" /> instead of <property name="diffuseStr"/> ) and replaced the background texture instead of changing your intended value.

additionally it seems the xml parser has problems with add (and replace) statements over multiple lines, so it may help to "Linarize xml" (means remove all unnecesary whitespaces between the nodes, like Line Feeds and Spaces)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 18:43

UniTrader wrote:

<diff>
<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffuseStr']/@value">1.0</replace>
</diff>
It doesnt do anything.I test it first with Argon Background but i dont know if this param is for the base texture or for overlay texture so i tried on material that have only one texture and with lens flares material that change their opacity but didnt work.
UniTrader wrote:additionally it seems the xml parser has problems with add (and replace) statements over multiple lines, so it may help to "Linarize xml" (means remove all unnecesary whitespaces between the nodes, like Line Feeds and Spaces)
I have no idea what this mean. :(

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 20:39

ICO_hr wrote: It doesnt do anything.I test it first with Argon Background but i dont know if this param is for the base texture or for overlay texture so i tried on material that have only one texture and with lens flares material that change their opacity but didnt work.
well, applying this code does not cause any errors in the debuglog for me, so it should work, but since i have no idea what effect it should have i cannt really confirm...
ICO_hr wrote:
UniTrader wrote:additionally it seems the xml parser has problems with add (and replace) statements over multiple lines, so it may help to "Linarize xml" (means remove all unnecesary whitespaces between the nodes, like Line Feeds and Spaces)
I have no idea what this mean. :(
my previous example Linarized:

<diff><replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffuseStr']/@value">1.0</replace></diff>
(basically the whole xml is in one line with no spaces/' ' between the > and < ) - Notepad ++ has such a function in the xml-tools menu for example ;)

not2day

Post by not2day » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 21:53

nice work so far.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 22:14

UniTrader wrote:
ICO_hr wrote: It doesnt do anything.I test it first with Argon Background but i dont know if this param is for the base texture or for overlay texture so i tried on material that have only one texture and with lens flares material that change their opacity but didnt work.
well, applying this code does not cause any errors in the debuglog for me, so it should work, but since i have no idea what effect it should have i cannt really confirm...
DiffuseStr(diffuse strength) is how much of the applied texture should be visible.Its multiplier basically.1.0 should be the default value, 0.0 is pure black, 2.0 is double the brightnes(intensity).

I dont understand these things very much but you dont see errors in the debuglog because it doesnt do anything.Something somewhere is wrong with the code.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 22:29

if there were a mistake the debuglog would display something like this:

[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffusetr']/@value' in patch file 'extensions\TESTMOD\libraries\material_library'. Skipping node.
(note the missing S in diffuseStr) - but if i write it correctly nothing like this is in the log, therefore something IS changed :roll: ;) question is how to notice it InGame..

the-danzorz
x3tc

Post by the-danzorz » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 22:58

I really can't wait for this to be released, it looks amazing.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 23:12

UniTrader wrote:if there were a mistake the debuglog would display something like this:

[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffusetr']/@value' in patch file 'extensions\TESTMOD\libraries\material_library'. Skipping node.
(note the missing S in diffuseStr) - but if i write it correctly nothing like this is in the log, therefore something IS changed :roll: ;) question is how to notice it InGame..
The problem is, in ''Pimp my Skunk'' i have two of these errors because i redirect some of the materials to use one texture instead of two different and everything is absolutely fine.

Anyway, you can use this material for test ''vertexcolor_basis_06'' This change the intensity of the Lens Flares.Test with ''diffuseStr=0.0'' which should remove completely Argon Lens Flare from the game.
I'm just editing the texture for example purpose.DiffuseStr should do the same thing. :)
Last edited by ICO_hr on Sun, 12. Jan 14, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 06:31

Update on Devrie and Omicron...
Last edited by ICO_hr on Sun, 12. Jan 14, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”