[Mod] [Bug Fix] Fix for engineers not fixing surface elements like engines.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kierk

[Mod] [Bug Fix] Fix for engineers not fixing surface elements like engines.

Post by Kierk » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:00

[ external image ]

not sure how to make those nifty picture links :/.

Anyway does what it says, compatible with .3 version of my hull engineer mod as well.

Made 2 versions, playerfix does only your ships, allfix does everyone. Reason for this is that the way I fixed it might cause CPU performance hit. Pick which version you want and rename it to engineer.ai.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:45

Excellent. Will this be combined with your Hull mod, or do you intend to keep them separate? I plan to use both regardless :)

Scoob.

Kierk

Post by Kierk » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 00:03

Since it is a bug fix I'm gonna keep em separate. With version .30 of the hull mod you can have both active without any problems.

In fact I just did that to test the problems people have been having where they capture ships with 0 drones on board.

So I used a saved game and did 3 separate runs against a Rahanes freighter.

Run #1 no bug fix, hull repair on. Flew up to the freighter scanned it found it had 9 construction drones and an engineer, set the boarding action and started blowing stuff up. No repairs happened to the ship, my boarders lost and i left it burning in space.

Run #2 bug fix on, hull repair on. Same as #1 to begin except enemy engineer triggered one enough stuff was destroyed, turrets, shields and engines kept popping back up making it a rather interesting fight. Repairs continued after drone bay was destroyed.

Run #3 bug fix on, hull repair on. Targeted drone bay first, checked details of the ship after drone bay destroyed and no custruction or cargo drones shown onboard! Sitting duck, but would be a repair problem afterward...lol.

End result destroying drone bay does in fact kill inactive drones, without bugfix almost all drones will be inactive.

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 00:18

I don't understand how to install.
If i get your hull mod, do I have to install this too, or will my ship get fixed anyhow ?

Kierk

Post by Kierk » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 11:19

Sorry I wasn't more clear. When you get the mod place the Component Fix folder in your extensions folder. Inside the Component Fix folder is an aiscripts folder. In that folder are the two versions, playerfix and allfix. Rename one of them to engineer.ai. (right click, rename). and you should be good to go.

This is entirely stand-alone, no other mods required for it to work.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”