[Investigation] Can you find the missing Rahanas?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

[Investigation] Can you find the missing Rahanas?

Post by Scoob » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 15:02

Hi all,

Like many, my starting Rahanas was never returned to me due to a bug in the plot. Sadly I cannot recall the names of any of the (expensive) crew I had on board, else I'd search my saved-game for them.

As our starting Rahanas was a "special" ship, i.e. it could carry "Containers" as per the (Container) variant, yet also "Energy Cells" so we could do a certain plot. I was wondering if it might be possible to find it buried in my save file...

I did some research myself into this, thankfully I backup my games regularly. I identified my Rhanas in my save file from before it was confiscated, noted the Crews names. I searched a later backup where the ship had been taken from me (you know, the thing could easily just have jumped to me!) and I can see that both it, and the crew, show owner="ownerless". I thought this was pretty encouraging!

So, I inspect my more recent saves and...the ship simply does not exist in them. Technically, I might be able to copy/paste the entire ship block back into my saved-game - I'll experiment with that later, when I get the chance. However, it appears that the reason the Rahanas doesn't get returned to some of us is because it gets destroyed somehow. Maybe it gets parked somewhere in limbo, maybe it's actually in a proper Zone and gets attacked. Maybe it was left where it was - it was right behind me in my current game, prior to me going through the gate. I mean, I couldn't stop the bloody thing following me lol. However, it was in-zone just before I fled through the gate, and maybe that's what killed it. In my earlier game, it was in another Zone and I eventually got it back.

So, I'm going to play a little more, maybe hack a save to bring it back - though that might REALLY break things...especially if any ID's get recycled...wish me luck!

Cheers,

Scoob.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”