[Tool] X Rebirth Save Editor (08.12.2013)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Isbeorn
x3tc

Post by Isbeorn » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 17:54

Imladir wrote:I'm trying to force a shipyard to complete its current build, but it always crashes (a NullRefereceException somewhere in the code).
Could you please upload your savegame file for me, so i can check what is wrong in the code? Thank you.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 18:02

Saheike wrote:
swatti wrote:CRASH-ISSUE: When i use a "regular" builder-ship and try to add cargo to it when it has "unpacked" to start building, the editor crashes.
Saheike wrote:Tried to stop it with the missionmanager ?

:oops:
Umm... "missionmanager" ? Care to explain or link?
in game press enter and search for it plz. I think it is under info (2) or so.

I see, you meant the "quest log"

Well, i have nearly nothing there. The "Alliances" quest does not have ANY quidance and the log doesnt affect the constructor in any way.
Also the constructor is not shown in the property-list nor under command of the URV-forge once it has started to build it.

Soooo... What did you mean by stopping it with the mission manager? Is there something there i havent noticed?

Cause all i need to do is to clear its orders ANY WAY POSSIBLE and at the moment there is NO in-game way to do so.

Imladir

Post by Imladir » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 18:16

Isbeorn wrote:
Imladir wrote:I'm trying to force a shipyard to complete its current build, but it always crashes (a NullRefereceException somewhere in the code).
Could you please upload your savegame file for me, so i can check what is wrong in the code? Thank you.
Here it is: http://dfiles.eu/files/pn6pnva5s

Isbeorn
x3tc

Post by Isbeorn » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 18:51

Imladir wrote:
Isbeorn wrote:
Here it is: http://dfiles.eu/files/pn6pnva5s
Thank you! i found the problem and it will be fixed in the next version. I will upload it in around an hour.

Saheike
x4

Post by Saheike » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 19:08

swatti wrote:
Saheike wrote:
swatti wrote:CRASH-ISSUE: When i use a "regular" builder-ship and try to add cargo to it when it has "unpacked" to start building, the editor crashes.
Saheike wrote:Tried to stop it with the missionmanager ?

Umm... "missionmanager" ? Care to explain or link?
in game press enter and search for it plz. I think it is under info (2) or so.

I see, you meant the "quest log"

Well, i have nearly nothing there. The "Alliances" quest does not have ANY quidance and the log doesnt affect the constructor in any way.
Also the constructor is not shown in the property-list nor under command of the URV-forge once it has started to build it.

Soooo... What did you mean by stopping it with the mission manager? Is there something there i havent noticed?

Cause all i need to do is to clear its orders ANY WAY POSSIBLE and at the moment there is NO in-game way to do so.
Look after press Enter under 2-Info point 5-Missionmanager...

Lieben Gruß von Sabine

//^:^\\ Trakkathrin-Kilrathina

Liberte, Egalite, Variete...

Imladir

Post by Imladir » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 19:43

Isbeorn wrote:Thank you! i found the problem and it will be fixed in the next version. I will upload it in around an hour.
Thanks, worked perfectly.

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 21:21

tried to repair my captured ships, seems to have done engines but not hull. and my mining ship is not showing in list.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

darkanimist

Post by darkanimist » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 03:05

When i use the editor everything is in the macro name still and when i click enable on skill for crew it does enable them but can not edit them they just revert back to 0 but stay enabled

Isbeorn
x3tc

Post by Isbeorn » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 09:55

darkanimist wrote:When i use the editor everything is in the macro name still and when i click enable on skill for crew it does enable them but can not edit them they just revert back to 0 but stay enabled
Seems like you miss the 2 XML files. They need to be placed in the same directory as the SaveEditor.exe.
Maybe the app hasn't got the rights to access those files? have you tried to open it in admin mode?

spartanheyho

Post by spartanheyho » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 10:07

Hi. Wondering if you could possibly check into adding a way for the save editor to check if your ships (if not all ships in the savegame) have the <gravidar/> tag enabled. It is always placed after the </ammunition> tag within ship data in the savegame. Without the <gravidar/> tag, ship's can't pick up targets and, as a result, don't attack. This is a major bug with all player-built ships from a shipyard as they are built without the tag enabled.

Finding said ship in your savegame and adding the tag usually works well but it can get tedious.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 10:37

Saheike wrote:
Look after press Enter under 2-Info point 5-Missionmanager...

Wtf, i know what the damn mission-log is! Do you even understand what im asking?

Im trying to clear orders from the plot-constructor, it has nothing to do with the mission-log ffs.

Isbeorn
x3tc

Post by Isbeorn » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 10:50

spartanheyho wrote:Hi. Wondering if you could possibly check into adding a way for the save editor to check if your ships (if not all ships in the savegame) have the <gravidar/> tag enabled. It is always placed after the </ammunition> tag within ship data in the savegame. Without the <gravidar/> tag, ship's can't pick up targets and, as a result, don't attack. This is a major bug with all player-built ships from a shipyard as they are built without the tag enabled.

Finding said ship in your savegame and adding the tag usually works well but it can get tedious.
Hi. Already saw your post on the nexus, but forgot about it :oops:
Hopefully i have some time today and will add a way to include gravidar.

spartanheyho

Post by spartanheyho » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 12:00

Roger. Thank you. I appreciate it.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 16:15

This is by far the best editor out there. I'm impressed with how well made this is and works in such a short period of time. Great job!

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 17:02

REQUEST: add ships function & add marines

My save is seemingly borked so may as well star a new but i dont want to re-capture all the capitals nor hunt crew for em. If im not listaken, npc-ships are "created" fully staffed. If not possible, any way will suffice.

Hunting the universe for those elite-marines is also pain, being able to add those would be huge help to us starting again.

Isbeorn
x3tc

Post by Isbeorn » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 18:57

swatti wrote:REQUEST: add ships function & add marines

My save is seemingly borked so may as well star a new but i dont want to re-capture all the capitals nor hunt crew for em. If im not listaken, npc-ships are "created" fully staffed. If not possible, any way will suffice.

Hunting the universe for those elite-marines is also pain, being able to add those would be huge help to us starting again.
This is planned, but it will definitely take some time, so no ETA on that.

lubatomy
x4

Post by lubatomy » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 19:19

One other thing i noticed, if you have a taranis in your assets, you can not add fuel cells to it because even though it can hold fuel, your save editor sees the ship as being unable to hold anything and will not let you add fuel to it.

Not sure if it is related to just the plot taranis or if it is related to something else. Only one i have had at the moment is the one from the plot line and when i open the save, it will never let me add fuel cells (ship is empty at the time).

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 21:22

Can you make it so you can add fuel cells to cap ships as well?
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Saheike
x4

Post by Saheike » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 21:25

StormMagi wrote:Can you make it so you can add fuel cells to cap ships as well?
Why don´t you give them the order to buy fuel cells ? See the command in the ship menue if contacting them.

Lieben Gruß von Sabine

//^:^\\ Trakkathrin-Kilrathina

Liberte, Egalite, Variete...

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 22:09

Isbeorn wrote:
darkanimist wrote:When i use the editor everything is in the macro name still and when i click enable on skill for crew it does enable them but can not edit them they just revert back to 0 but stay enabled
Seems like you miss the 2 XML files. They need to be placed in the same directory as the SaveEditor.exe.
Maybe the app hasn't got the rights to access those files? have you tried to open it in admin mode?
It looks like im having a same problem too. What two XML files im missing ? Also im having problem when I want to add drone/items( I can add only cargo lifter drones but I cant switch them to anything) Same thing for items I get antimatter cells but I cant switch them ,only thing I can do is change quantity ). Also admin mode didn't help :( Thanks for Editor it helps with those damn bags ;) Im using v1.18...

Sorry bad English

Edit: This is what I have in folder
ComboBoxValues
MacroTranslation
Redme
and Editor

I fixed problem my .NET Framework was v1.1 :oops:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”