[Tool] X Rebirth Save Editor (08.12.2013)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 22:54

TheRealBix wrote:Who is Marco ? xD
Marco Polo ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Polo
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 23:10

Nikola515 wrote:
swatti wrote:REQUEST: Remove or "reset" crew-member option

Now that some engineers go permanently to "none" and refuse to fix anything, time to drop some useless junk out of the airlock...

That, or totaly reset them, maybe random-generate new crew-member or so.

Once more we go to a editor to fix bugs... ¤#"%#%#&%!!

If your engineers skill is low it will take him longer to fix things.... Also it takes long time for 5 star engineer to just fix engines.(5m I think) and after everything is fixed your hull should be start repairing hull up to 75%.... Im using 1.19 and it works for me :D Also you can always bring new engineers and replace/fire old one :)

I hope this helps
No, wont work. Sometimes the engineer sets his orders to "none" and wont repair. Ive had this happen to few ships now.

You cant replace an engineer. If you bring a new one aboard and tell him to "work here" he will charge you extra hiring-fee and plays the vid of him ENTERING the skunk. Nothing will actually change, just you lose money.

Delete the engi and THEN bring the new one. Should work... I hope.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 04:06

It looks like 1.18 engineers wont work on 1.19 :( You need to replace new engineer and they probably start working(don't work for everyone).... I restarted my game after 1.19 that's why im not having any problems.... But now I finished station and I cant fix it(half of my station was destroyed by single River) :roll: I cant get engineers to work on my station and architect is telling me there is nothing to fix :) Fixing button for stations would be nice on this editor :P
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 19:28

Problem is, you CANT REPLACE any crew. It just doesnt work. Thus my REQ of a delete button...

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 21:56

I never had that problem before... This game is so baggy it is going to take forever to fix it :roll:

Frumph
x4

Post by Frumph » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:23

For some reason, shieldgenerators are not showing up as capable container type for me ;/ (Force field projectors)

also ship size_m are not showing on the list of player owned ships (gig size)

Also how difficult would it be to show ships owned by different factions?

With a box to change ownership (for ship and crew) ;/ - also remove the <job> for that ship at that time as well

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:32

Two bugs to report.

Adding drones to ships only will add empty cargo UVs, unable to change added type.

Opening a second file after opening a first leaves blank fields and windows where there should be ships/property/crew/etc. You have to restart the editor each time you want to edit a save file.
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 23:27

This is a great utility. Thanks for all your work!

And with all you've done to catalog and edit player owned ships, these findings on giving ships unique names via savegame editing might be something worth looking into.

SlappyChicken

Post by SlappyChicken » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 01:20

Adding drones to ships only will add empty cargo UVs, unable to change added type.
Add the cargo URV, then highlight it, then change the drop down. works like a champ. but took me a min to figure it out too.
"Pass me the duct tape" hahah

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 01:34

Doesn't work for me, tried 3 different versions of the save editor too.
MOD XR Show Skills

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 06:03

StormMagi wrote:Doesn't work for me, tried 3 different versions of the save editor too.
Update your .NET Framework to 4.5 :P I was having same problem too and it fixed it :)

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 06:08

Yeah, I had 4.5, there was a 4.5.1 update i needed =/
MOD XR Show Skills

shawnbrown40
x4

worm/virus in the files d/l from nexus

Post by shawnbrown40 » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 20:49

can you upload a clean copy it seems to have aquired a virus/worm. ws.reputation.1

thanks.

Isbeorn
x3tc

Re: worm/virus in the files d/l from nexus

Post by Isbeorn » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 20:56

shawnbrown40 wrote:can you upload a clean copy it seems to have aquired a virus/worm. ws.reputation.1

thanks.
i redownloaded my uploaded version and checked with my antivirus. could not find anything. you sure this is no false alarm?

StormMagi
x4

Re: worm/virus in the files d/l from nexus

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 20:59

Isbeorn wrote:
shawnbrown40 wrote:can you upload a clean copy it seems to have aquired a virus/worm. ws.reputation.1

thanks.
i redownloaded my uploaded version and checked with my antivirus. could not find anything. you sure this is no false alarm?
I will second that, scanned and was clean for me as well.
MOD XR Show Skills

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 21:58

swatti wrote:Problem is, you CANT REPLACE any crew. It just doesnt work. Thus my REQ of a delete button...
Indeed. A Crew delete button is badly needed. Please implement this feature. (remove selected crew member)

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 10:31

Is there a way to eject a ship that's stuck in a shipyard?

I have a Rahanas that i stupidly put into the shipyard for repairs that's been there most of my game.

I'm trying to edit the save file myself but it's heavy going.

Kayzer1980

Post by Kayzer1980 » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 17:10

Easiest way imo

1. quicksave
2. open quicksave with notepad++
3. search for buildmodule_ships, one will have a list a few lines below it with the resources the shipyard is missing
5. set all of them to 0
6. save and exit
7. alt tab back into game and load the quicksave (u dont have to exit game to edit saves)

Ofc u can use the option in the save editor, but it bugs the ship (no gravidar, crew, drones etc)

quintupularity
x4

Post by quintupularity » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 02:54

swatti wrote:BUG / ISSUE:

Fedhelm the mining-ship is not shown as a picture in the editor and its name is shown as: units_size_l_ore_collector_macro - now also ingame :D
Built in a dock, not capped.

EDIT: its name cant also be modified. Once saved and re-opened, its reverted back to units_size_l_ore_collector_macro

PS: ignore the reset-shipyard REQ, staying in Omicron for a while resetted the shipyard.
I'm seeing this happen as well. A few differences, though.

I have one Fedhelm out and about mining. I have a second being built. Both of these show up in the editor as units_size_l_ore_collector_macro. The editor tells me I also have a Sequana, which I don't and never have.

The game correctly displays one Fedhelm in my collection, photo and all.

Frumph
x4

Post by Frumph » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 04:45

I would like it that this savegame editor *not* give name="" additions to the connection ship if none were given.

Also if it's an empty input box remove it if it exists

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”