[Tool] X Rebirth Save Editor (08.12.2013)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mcaule
x4

Post by mcaule » Tue, 12. May 15, 16:53

You can get it here:
Download

I haven't tested it on 3.53 saves yet, so don't know if it still works.
I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...

twinview
x4

Thanks

Post by twinview » Tue, 12. May 15, 16:58

Thanks for the Link and Reply....

brady560
x4

Post by brady560 » Sat, 11. Jun 16, 04:27

is there any way to edit the save files still? i saw that they changed save games by adding gz at the end so no save game editor works now

canshow
x4

Post by canshow » Sat, 11. Jun 16, 09:46

brady560 wrote:is there any way to edit the save files still? i saw that they changed save games by adding gz at the end so no save game editor works now
Remove the GZ extention, use the save editor, and then put the GZ extension back on.
[ external image ]
Stargate Junkie

squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart » Sat, 11. Jun 16, 15:25

canshow wrote:
brady560 wrote:is there any way to edit the save files still? i saw that they changed save games by adding gz at the end so no save game editor works now
Remove the GZ extention, use the save editor, and then put the GZ extension back on.
thats some stupid advice right there considering gz means the file is gzip compressed.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 11. Jun 16, 21:46

In the game settings, disable compression, save the game and you can edit the save file in the editor.

Remember! The editor is very old, and can damage the save file.

canshow
x4

Post by canshow » Sun, 12. Jun 16, 05:49

squall_leonhart wrote:
canshow wrote:
thats some stupid advice right there considering gz means the file is gzip compressed.
Choke on your words. How about you give some advice of your own instead of being an asshole.
[ external image ]
Stargate Junkie

brady560
x4

Post by brady560 » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 00:48

alexalsp wrote:
In the game settings, disable compression, save the game and you can edit the save file in the editor.

Remember! The editor is very old, and can damage the save file.
ok so i tried that and the editor still didnt work. i tried to change the cash i had on hand and it wont keep the number i put in.

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 08:52

Line 6 is only the savegame display vaule

Code: Select all

<player name="Ren Otani" location="{20005,108}" money="15373"/>
this entry is the actual bankbalance

Code: Select all

<account id="[0x2d]" amount="15373"/>
the easiest way ( but you can get false ones because some othervaule could be similiar ) is to search for the samevaule as in line 6 ;)

Edit: removed the line information , regards to unitrader ;)
Last edited by Rice on Mon, 24. Oct 16, 10:02, edited 3 times in total.
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 09:36

Line count is irrelevant since the position depends where the player is currently in the universe. but for some reason it seems to be always account number 0x2d
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

phantomrock2
x4

Link Is Hidden Or Dead

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 14:08

somebody tell me why when I click on DOWNLOAD the file has been hidden on Nexus
[" thank you "]

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 14:48

somebody tell me why when I click on DOWNLOAD the file has been hidden on Nexus
because the author had hid the file. *badum*

Revils has ported the Program to Net 4..something. after iseborn had release for sometime the Sourcecode at Nexus
can be found at ~ page 9 and on page 15 (with my forum settings -- before Unitrader tells me you can modify the amount of displayed entries per page :D )
mcaule wrote:You can get it here:
Download

I haven't tested it on 3.53/4.00 saves yet, so don't know if it still works.

if you readup the little fighting about the Tar.gz compression a bit earlier in this thread the most question should be solved ;)

PS: 7-zip can work with the *.GZ files to compress and decompress them if it is easier for you than to Save an uncompressed save through changing the Options in XRebirth
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 14:56

Rice wrote:PS: 7-zip can work with the *.GZ files to compress and decompress them if it is easier for you than to Save an uncompressed save through changing the Options in XRebirth
no need to compress again after edit, just remove the original file since compressed ( .xml.gz ) files have prio over uncompressed ones ( .xml only ) afaik ;)

and no idea if its possible to display more than 15 posts per page..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

phantomrock2
x4

Pretty Obvious

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 24. Oct 16, 16:10

Well that's obvious to see
However what I'm trying to figure out is why is there link still leading to it
Somebody take it down please
Thank You
[" thank you "]

Death_Krusher

Re: [Tool] X Rebirth Save Editor (08.12.2013)

Post by Death_Krusher » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 23:27

I was looking for a savegame editor for X4, tried this one on a hunch, and.... surprise! It works :D (although it breaks the ships names)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”