[Request] - Split want gender equality

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Chobittsu
x4

[Request] - Split want gender equality

Post by Chobittsu » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 09:24

[ external image ]

So I went on a long range scouting mission (sunk a Xenon cap while I was at it) and found myself in the company of an entire station of Family Ryak!
After a brief jaunt around their homey little station something quickly dawned on me... Not only was the station of Argon design and layout, but every single split was THE SAME GUY.
SAME VOICE. SAME CLOTHES. SAME FACE.

With a corrupted save file I was unable to fully complete the plot, so I don't know if there are other Split characters poking around the stars, but if this is meant to be the main Split faction, there should be a bit more to it than Gary the Green copypasta'd all over the place :(

Normally I avoid calling out Egosoft on their mistakes since they always try to correct them, but I'm afraid that this is one of the larger derps I've seen so far. On the plus side, Egosoft DID give Split their six-fingered hands, sadly they didn't add the animations for their wacky sign-language. (Yes Bernd, some of us actually read that monolithic encyclopedia) :D

So, TL;DR - More Split, more divercity, more lore-whoring. Once the modding community figures out how to make new character models, I'd like this placed in the 2nd-most-important slot, right under Space Grannies

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 10:07

*turret from Portal voice*
"I see you."

More seriously, nice piece of art. Do you have higher res versions of your stuff somewhere?

I haven't been to the Split Colony yet, but that does sound pretty awful. Split are pretty much my favorite race of the series. :I

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 10:14

Painting can be found in Creative Universe sub-forum, discuss it there, not here. This thread is for weeping over the mightiest of the X-Universes warrior race being reduced to clones :P

Texhnolyzed
x3tc

Post by Texhnolyzed » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 16:12

I really hoped for awesome Split, with awesome ships and awesome stations where you can watch awesome Chelts swim around. Damn you Egosoft!!!

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 16:22

normaly there is a split female in the files somewere.
remeber in one of the trailers and or vids about how the game controlls there was a bald split women.

also an other fix we need for lore is the split to move there arms when they speak to you 50% of split language uses sign language + normal vocals , thats why there speach patterns are so small

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”