[Request] Sins of a solar empire

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kennowski

[Request] Sins of a solar empire

Post by kennowski » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:08

Hello guys,

Personally I thought xrebirth will be a game that will resemble with Sins of a solar Empire kind of, not a type of arcade game.

By new intuitive UI, I thought egosoft will improve the micromanagement part of the game with smarter AI. Insted they implement a lot of anoying unimportant features like, Oh my gosh 'Your tradeship is out of fuel', and you need to tell them to refuel. Really?

Or crappy little boxes inside stations, because I will make an Empire by looting those boxes.

We need a mod/mods that let us control the 'BIG picture', especially the 'sector/zones' UI, a big rework is necessary. Strategic view. Select this ship, tell them to go there, point and click. (Sins of a solar empire stuff)

We need smarter AI, capable of f*cking refuel by himself. Autonomy is the keyword.

Tradeships able to find the best price, and sell for profit. Or why not, asign them to make your missions. You take the mission and assign a ship to do stuff:
'Find that guy and kill him';
'Find those wares';
'Assist me, go buy some <energy> and randezvous at that point';
'Kill everyone from <sector>/Protect that sector';
etc

We can make a list of ideas and maybe someone will code parts of it.

But most important, I really think we need to replace that joke of 'sector maps' with a strategic kind of view more accessible, where you can move ships easly, and tell them to do stuff right from there, with multiple target selection/area selection.

kennowski

Post by kennowski » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:22

P.S. I really like the idea of taking a mission, then talk to a captain from your dreadnought, telling him to do <that mission> for you.

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:30

our solar empire already sinned.
why do want more misdeed ??

spool1

Post by spool1 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 10:30

These changes will come in time. Most of us modders are just starting to learn how to, and what we can actually do. Big projects will soon follow. But in the mean time it looks like its up to the modders to fix some of the annoying bugs/problems this game has currently.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”