Script & Mod Requests

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Noimageavaiable
x3ap

Post by Noimageavaiable » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 10:32

zurakx wrote:It cant just be a "no you shut up"

it has to be a venomous rant that lasts like a minute. personal attacks, hitting below the belt ect. the sort of rant that when you see happen IRL the entire room is quite afterwards.

and then make it so yisha never tells betty to shut up after that :D
"No you shut up! I've been here since the 90's and who the **** are you? Some cheap gimmick that gets the boot as soon as the first mods hit!"

Classic Style
x3

Re: Millenium Skunk????

Post by Classic Style » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 10:34

98abaile wrote: People asking ES to be able to walk around on ships and stations, very nearly ruined this game. Focus on the stuff that actually matters.
Jury's barely still out, but I'm thinking they're going to rule that it did, indeed, ruin the game.
-Classic Style-

stk25
x3ap

Post by stk25 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 11:49

Did some digging around and finding nothing I decided to try removing the text from the translation files, which worked :D
Here's a small extension which should remove it from all the language files (only tested in english though):
http://www.mediafire.com/?m4g77yonhzda0d0
Last edited by stk25 on Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.

Mad_Joker
x3

Post by Mad_Joker » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:02

Argh stk25, you managed to do it just before I uploaded my fix. Well, anyways, I did the same here.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:19

I think this mod killed Betty.

Kirmari
x4

Post by Kirmari » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:48

ScorpyX wrote:->SyberSmoke: "why worry about rotation" - because you dont think about other peoples
auto-rotation is cool thing but in options you can switch it off and use "q" and "e"
another point is - old fans get used to it - its mean "q" and "e" by default is good

you say "hold mouse button" but if you press "space" and switch mode
hold-mouse-button will rotate ship - its mean you "desire" interfere and will not work
devs not stupid - they picked up the button for a long time that all parties are satisfied

another thing is "nobody cares" about your desire's.. siriusly
but many players can have same issue just like you
its mean - or somebody will come up with a new approach and you just need patience
or only you yourself can do it by study modding capabilities

simple

ps. Of course you can re-bind all the buttons as desired
Also if you still press "enter" for menu wheel in-game
try re-bind it on button close to "WASD" (or maybe mouse button - if it work)
then do not have to remove your hand from the mouse

this was my point as well just have a hard time getting it on text

I have a good mouse g500 with lots of extra keys which i use for other things the same with my keyboard it a g510 logitech with has 18*3 memory banks with give 54 options extra more then I need

I can even leave a station station with one click as marco witch in may case will be combo 'r - 5 - 5' this is made with delay for the ui delay you this can be done with mouse as well this is why i love logitech hardware it give many possibilities you can call the software a mod in some case as i can make complex scripts with it some have even use it for cheat in mmo for making bots :!:

you don't always need fancy mods just some fantasy with is good if you want to mod as well

with all this was meant as ideas for others ideas as many forget that you can remap keys it oslo lead to good mods ides now and then

my ideas may not work for you but then it may give you an idea how to do it a way you can use we are all different :)

well you can always say it this way you need to think outside the box for possibilities :gruebel: :)
*English is not my native bare with me*
Steam: Masku
Youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCcKMIlYzLnWI646LhNiXXRg

Halconnen
x3tc

Re: [Request] Hold L-Mouse for Context

Post by Halconnen » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:49

SyberSmoke wrote:My F Is currently cycling my weapons. But I may just get rid of my Q and E as the ship auto writes any way...why worry about rotation.
You can set the auto-rotate to off in the game options to get rid of that behavior.

Kirmari
x4

[Request] Logitech LCD Display

Post by Kirmari » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 13:01

Hey

if someone can make a logitech LCD display mod like the ones for the
previous games it will be awesome 8) :wink:

I am currently using a g510 keyboard which is a little different from g19 one
which as far i how is different in all compare in LCD display from other models but i am not sure

it will make me as happy Taladi making lot'sss profitsss :P
*English is not my native bare with me*
Steam: Masku
Youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCcKMIlYzLnWI646LhNiXXRg

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 13:09

The line I'd like to see Betty use is:

"Say that one more time and I'll vent you into space the next time I catch you alone in the airlock."

stk25
x3ap

Post by stk25 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 16:00

Mad_Joker wrote:Argh stk25, you managed to do it just before I uploaded my fix. Well, anyways, I did the same here.
Looks like you beat me into making a thread for it though :P Feel free to add the other languages from mine to yours if you want, looks like we're patching it the same way so it should work fine
Last edited by stk25 on Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.

swatti
x4

[REQUEST] Run faster -mod for indoors

Post by swatti » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 16:49

In the words of the great Dave Chapelle: RUN BIATCH!!

Jeah, interiors sure do add some "immersion" but that wore off fast... Now its a chore to run all the way to every trader in the station to sell my stuff or hire some or...

RUN FASTER!!!!1

aerojet029
x4

[mod request] Fleet management.

Post by aerojet029 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:27

first and foremost as many have mentioned before fleet management is broken

first off, why do your captains and defense officers not shoot at your enemies?

my only guess is that your faction relations don't carry over to them when you hire them. maybe add a trigger which changes their relations during the cutscene of them boarding your ship?

also as a suggestion, turn the table in the back room to a fleet management table that you can interact with in space and docked giving access to fleet management commands.

Telkorenar
x3tc

[Request] Beauty Patch

Post by Telkorenar » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:50

Will someone remove the grandmas from space please?

Pretty please with sugar on top!?

At least put a bag over their heads so I don't spill my lunch over the keyboard everytime I open a comm line or go dock.

Petroph
x4

Post by Petroph » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 20:22

Yes, I want the ability to command my ships the way we've always been able too. I'm tired of seeing all these retarded captains only knowing how to follow my ship rather then do other stuff.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 20:24

Nothing along the lines of fleet management yet, that's down the line - but i am working on some basic commands right now - hold position, follow, go to sector, refuel ship, recall drones - some examples

However its slow going as im learning my way though the new codebase.

Petroph
x4

Post by Petroph » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 20:31

Jack08 wrote:Nothing along the lines of fleet management yet, that's down the line - but i am working on some basic commands right now - hold position, follow, go to sector, refuel ship, recall drones - some examples

However its slow going as im learning my way though the new codebase.
That in itself makes you a better coder then some people at Egosoft... Keep up the work man.

aerojet029
x4

Post by aerojet029 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 21:23

i've been sifting through the countless XMLs, but even if I find what i'm looking for, i have no idea how I would add in commands -_-

Insanitywelcome

Mod Request

Post by Insanitywelcome » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 21:45

Okay so I know this will sound stupid, but I was wondering if someone could mod the game so the banners and the holo dancers go away. I have a 12 year old daughter who likes the game and wants to try mine. But I don't want her to land on the stations with content like that. If somoene could do this I would love it. Please let me know if your interested. Thanks so much.

John

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 22:16

This should not be a mod, but inside the game in next patches.

+1

stk25
x3ap

[REQUEST] A mod request subforum?

Post by stk25 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 22:23

Sorry if this is the wrong section for it, I'm kinda new to these forums.
I noticed theres a lot of mod requests in here starting to clutter up this section, is there any chance we could get a seperate mod request subforum? I keep seeing titles which get me excited, then I click them and it's just asking for someone to make it :(
It would be easier for mod authors to see what's wanted too, instead of having a dedicated request thread where each request is a paragraph long and the thread spans 10 pages, you could have a board where each title gives the basic idea of the mod, much simpler to see what people want imo.
Plus the most popular requested mods would be bumped to the top by people replying to them, again making it even easier to see what's wanted the most.
Last edited by stk25 on Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”