Script & Mod Requests

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

nik_nv

Post by nik_nv » Sun, 11. Sep 16, 22:23

Guys, is there any mod which can move player' station to a new location?

Vovva
x4

Post by Vovva » Sun, 11. Sep 16, 22:38

Hello) Are any gides about adding new station/custom ship to the game exist? Is it possible?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 11. Sep 16, 22:59

Guides are not available, but there are mods which add new Ships and Stations, made from existing Parts though. There is also a 3rd party Converter for XR Meshes to/from .dae but it was not used by many modders yet - there are only two mods i am aware of which used it: the Capital Bridge Mod, and my Faction Logo Mod, but my dae was edited as raw xml so i cannt help you with the details for modelling, i just used it to get a quadratic plane into the game, thats all..

As first step for any modding i recommend to extract the Game files. for this purpose get the XR Modding Tools offered by EGO ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=363625 ), put this batch file in their Folder and run it:

Code: Select all

mkdir "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
XRcatTool.exe -in "..\X Rebirth\01.cat" "..\X Rebirth\02.cat" "..\X Rebirth\03.cat" "..\X Rebirth\04.cat" "..\X Rebirth\05.cat" "..\X Rebirth\06.cat" "..\X Rebirth\07.cat" "..\X Rebirth\08.cat" "..\X Rebirth\09.cat" "..\X Rebirth\10.cat" -out "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
after about 15 minutes it should be done and you can find all extracted files in the X Rebirth Folder under "XR_extracted".
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

JladBlind

Post by JladBlind » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 15:37

I want to remove 4 line of show_notification in nofitications.xml
2 of cue name: BaseRelationChanged, 2 of cue name: PlayerMoneyTransfer. Any one help me. Thanks

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 15:52

related context in file wold be helpful. cannt look it up currently.

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

nik_nv

Post by nik_nv » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 17:03

I don't understand how (and through what scripts?) the game reacts on that useless offer "surrender". I never saw a big ship surrendered even it was surrounded by another capships, and it has 1% hull. Why not to surrender?

Can somebody make a mod where capships will surrender under certain conditions like the hull is low and the enemy has an overwhelming fleet within 10km and etc. Thanks.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 15:49

Can anyone make a mod that improves the Drostan behaviour?

In CWIR the drostan got better, but its lucklaster. When it attacks surface elements, it doesnt use missiles. But when it attacks the ship (no surface elements) it acts correctly (using missiles from max range and keep distnce).

Can anyone make a mod that fixes drostan behaviour to make it use missiles and always keep distance even when attackign surface elements?

Thanks!

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 30. Sep 16, 19:22

Warnoise wrote:When it attacks surface elements, it doesnt use missiles. But when it attacks the ship (no surface elements) it acts correctly (using missiles from max range and keep distance).
not very familiar with the fighter combat script, but just gave it a quick read and, against big targets, small ships with missiles or torpedoes (such as the Drostan) already should fire at first opportunity then stop firing and veer off after firing a volley.

Target selection is a bit fuzzy. If it begins the script targeting a surface element (rarely, if ever, if i remember correctly), it keeps shooting at the surface element. Otherwise, there's a skill check to fire at some surface element that's within view, the surface element's parent (usually the big ship if it's fighting a ship, i would guess a station module if fighting a station), or the big target (the big ship or station). Looks like, ironically, it could fail to fire if the skill check passes and the surface element is not in view. So bad pilots in Drostans might fire torps more often, but are more likely to hit something other than what they're aiming at.

Jimby
x3

Post by Jimby » Sun, 2. Oct 16, 23:30

Would love to see a simple mod that brings up the Shields of the Fulkremon to the equal value of the Awran. Also, having the sector music play while on board your capital ship would be nice as well.

Cheers.

eikichi14
x4

Post by eikichi14 » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 01:54

Oh estimed modder, I have a dream, a dream that one day I could build immense stations complex in one zone :D

Well by that, it's mod that add the possibility to create highway and/or jump beacon would be great.
I like to have all station from a complex in one sector and as near as possible because they all depend of the other but zone offer 2 build spots in general in know zone and empty zone can be pretty far away.
Highway aren't lost technologie unlike the gate if I remenber correctly from previous X game.

An other approche would be to double the build spot of each zone so that we can pack more station in one zone and build bigger complex.
Quand l'envie cède aux désirs, l'azur ce fissure

nik_nv

Post by nik_nv » Sat, 15. Oct 16, 19:38

Is there any mod or way to dynamically change the ware production effects?
Manager/engineer and etc effects can't be stable ok, they are people and should sleep, sometimes they go get drunk in the bar or even take too much space weed, so sometimes the production effects from them should be even negative..

Varyah
x4

Post by Varyah » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 14:10

I'd like to get rid of the clutter on the radar/event monitor. I prefer the radar, most notifications, like picked up loot, trade profits, out of ammo notification, reputation gained and similar not really important information makes the radar practically unusable because most of the time something else is displayed.

I tried to patch most of the <show_notification ...> actions out of md/Notifications.xml but so far only the out of ammo notification has been removed. My code:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff>
<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='OutOfAmmo']/actions/show_notification"/>

<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='DropCollected']/actions/do_if/show_notification"/>
<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='DropCollected']/actions/do_elseif/show_notification"/>
<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='DropCollected']/actions/do_else/do_if[@value='$important?']/show_notification"/>
<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='DropCollected']/actions/do_else/do_else/show_notification"/>

<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='RemoteTransportWareNotifications']/actions/do_else/show_notification"/>

<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='DroneReturnedToPlayer']/actions/show_notification"/>

<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='PlayerOpensCrate']/actions/do_if/show_notification"/>

<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='BaseRelationChanged']/actions/do_if/show_notification"/>
<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='BaseRelationChanged']/actions/do_else/show_notification"/>

<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='PlayerMoneyTransfer']/actions/do_if/show_notification"/>
<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='PlayerMoneyTransfer']/actions/do_else/show_notification"/>

<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='AutopilotTargetSet']/actions/show_notification"/>
</diff>
I'm rather new to the modding, but could it be that the event monitor notifications are handled in some lua script? Or did I just mess up? Any pointers, ideas to help achieve the desired result?

Edit: Code fixed.
Last edited by Varyah on Sun, 30. Oct 16, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 14:30

i think your sel paths refer to more than one node, which results in them not being applied because its abigious what you want to change. a debuglog from game startup would be helpful.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 14:31

Check in log for any errors - if you havent done so add the launch option
-logfile rebirth.log
It shold create a log file right next to the save games' folder which will show any errors that might have occured while executing your patch.

You can also add
-debug all
it sets verbosity level highest iirc.

Also there is a typo @
<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='DropCollected']/actions/do_else/do_else/do_if[@value='$important?']show_notification"/>
a '/' is missing before show_notification.

You can also shorten the sel paths by starting with // like
"//cue[@name='DropCollected']/actions/ ..."

xquery can be a good tool too to change all nodes in a similar way across xml files. You could generate removes for each occurrance of show_notification and you'd have to just remove the ones you want to keep.

You have much more files to modify for this imo, both MD and AIScripts.
Unpack the md and aiscript folders from rebirth cat files, and do a text search on them - you will find lots of files which use this command.

Varyah
x4

Post by Varyah » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 17:52

pref wrote:
Also there is a typo @
<remove sel="/mdscript[@name='Notifications']/cues/cue[@name='DropCollected']/actions/do_else/do_else/do_if[@value='$important?']show_notification"/>
a '/' is missing before show_notification.
Thanks for the tips. There was also one /do_else too much in that line.

Otherwise it now seems to work almost as intended and the log shows only the usual "Ignoring root node 'diff' [...]". After removing the three show_notification nodes from aiscript/trade.performplayertraderun.xml everything except certain money transfers (reward for killing enemies near NPC station, and other most likely trade related I couldn't identify and chase down in the xml files).

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 18:15

if at first you don't succeed, /do else instead?

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Sun, 18. Dec 16, 15:04

I was thinking about the economy and was wondering if there could be mod that acted like an economic adviser. It could scan the economy to find where there is a gap in production and suggest system-sectors where you could build a station that would fill the gap in production for a certain ware. Maybe you would have to pay a certain amount based on how much research you wanted, System level or Universe level.

Not sure if there already is a mod out there for this. Thanks.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 21. Feb 17, 12:46

Hi all, is there a mod, or a possibility to modify the game to nullify exploding ships damage?

Since the AI is too stupid to escape from exploding ships, it is too frustrating watching your ships dying to one dead Xenon K explosion.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 21. Feb 17, 13:32

Warnoise wrote:Hi all, is there a mod, or a possibility to modify the game to nullify exploding ships damage?

Since the AI is too stupid to escape from exploding ships, it is too frustrating watching your ships dying to one dead Xenon K explosion.
Done quickly, but needs to change a value in every ship macro, which means newly added ships via other mods need to be changed by urself. It's simple though, so shouldn't be an issue.

noexplosiondmg

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 21. Feb 17, 15:16

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Warnoise wrote:Hi all, is there a mod, or a possibility to modify the game to nullify exploding ships damage?

Done quickly, but needs to change a value in every ship macro, which means newly added ships via other mods need to be changed by urself. It's simple though, so shouldn't be an issue.

noexplosiondmg
Wow thanks man i really appreciate it!

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”