[MOD] Realspace Backgrounds and Planets (Update 1.4)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 23:33

Version 1.2 released. I worked on making the textures lighter for performace benefits. It includes the new planet of Albion.

http://xrebirth.nexusmods.com/download/302

Example:
http://static1.nexusmods.com/154/mods/1 ... 987378.jpg

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 00:06

Can you fix the background in the second Solar system(with the big sun).It has compresion artefacts or the skybox is just pixelated due to low quality sourse pictures using in it.

Btw can you upload the high qulity textures.People with more Vram will use it.Thanks! :)

Dexion

Post by Dexion » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 00:07

*drools* I can see actual stars this time, not just white dots on a sky(hah space) box! Ty so much for this looks amazing.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 00:22

ICO_hr wrote:Can you fix the background in the second Solar system(with the big sun).It has compresion artefacts or the skybox is just pixelated due to low quality sourse pictures using in it.

Btw can you upload the high qulity textures.People with more Vram will use it.Thanks! :)
Ok gona see it, I replaced the texture but not proofed in that Sector.

Textures are not small, when I say smal I intend same as vanila or more but not the 16MB I used before

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 00:28

Realspace wrote:Ok gona see it, I replaced the texture but not proofed in that Sector.
The pixelation was there, its not caused by you. :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 05:09

ICO_hr wrote:
Realspace wrote:Ok gona see it, I replaced the texture but not proofed in that Sector.
Exactly! :wink: It was there, but I corrected it now (at least stars), download version 1.3
(DeVrie system corrected)
http://xrebirth.nexusmods.com/download/318

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 05:13

Realspace wrote:
ICO_hr wrote:
Exactly! :wink: It was there, but I corrected it now (at least stars), download version 1.3
Post link to the main page please.Some people may want to see screenshots or to endorse you...and now i need to search for the mod page for that. :)

Btw thanks! :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 05:16

ICO_hr wrote:
Realspace wrote:
ICO_hr wrote:
Post link to the main page please.Some people may want to see screenshots or to endorse you...and now i need to search for the mod page for that. :)

Well..the link in the home is always pointing to the NEXUS where the latest version is given. You mean I should write on the home that it's been updated?

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 05:23

Realspace wrote:
ICO_hr wrote:
Realspace wrote:
ICO_hr wrote:

Well..the link in the home is always pointing to the NEXUS where the latest version is given. You mean I should write on the home that it's been updated?
I mean post this: http://xrebirth.nexusmods.com/mods/53/? ... w%3D&pUp=1 ...so that people will know what they're downloading.Btw add screenshots and update your description page so everyone can find whats new there for them. :)

Btw yes i know i'm annoying. :D

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 05:36

Weird, i open the textures and they dont include any of the clouds.Are they separate?

Hirikan

Post by Hirikan » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 09:33

Hi Realspace

Great mod!

Just a wee suggestion: could you be more descriptive with your updates?
What do you mean by "DeVrie system corrected"?

Rowddy
x3tc

Post by Rowddy » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 14:26

Sorry i cannot download this awsome MOD because it is bigger then 2 MB :(
Is it possible to upload somewhere else or in a different way? I can download all other MODS from Nexus just not this one.

Regards Rowddy.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 15:27

ICO_hr wrote:Weird, i open the textures and they dont include any of the clouds.Are they separate?
no clouds modified upto now, only stars
Rowddy wrote:Sorry i cannot download this awsome MOD because it is bigger then 2 MB :(
Is it possible to upload somewhere else or in a different way? I can download all other MODS from Nexus just not this one.

Regards Rowddy.
next release i optimize the references so less textures are added to the mod and it is much lighter
Hirikan wrote:Hi Realspace

Great mod!

Just a wee suggestion: could you be more descriptive with your updates?
What do you mean by "DeVrie system corrected"?
yup! :D it means that the pixelated backgrounds of DeVrie (in vanilla too) are now corrected (stars only upto now). I created a total new custom texture for that system only

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 16:02

Rowddy wrote:Sorry i cannot download this awsome MOD because it is bigger then 2 MB :(

Regards Rowddy.
you just need to make an account just dont tick anny of the payment methods and you get an account.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 19:12

Realspace , i start to dig into the files and find that they have two version of the same clouds, dark and brighter one for DeVrie.Is this have something to do with the HDR or something else?Do you have any idea? :?

EDIT: btw atleast these are mapped on sphere as far as i can tell which made them easy for edit.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:33

ICO_hr wrote:Realspace , i start to dig into the files and find that they have two version of the same clouds, dark and brighter one for DeVrie.Is this have something to do with the HDR or something else?Do you have any idea? :?

EDIT: btw atleast these are mapped on sphere as far as i can tell which made them easy for edit.
why don't you try first to play with the settings in the material.xml? Mybe it is possible to reduce the alpha or intensity of the textures

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:53

Realspace wrote:
ICO_hr wrote:Realspace , i start to dig into the files and find that they have two version of the same clouds, dark and brighter one for DeVrie.Is this have something to do with the HDR or something else?Do you have any idea? :?

why don't you try first to play with the settings in the material.xml? Mybe it is possible to reduce the alpha or intensity of the textures
You mentioned changing settings anyway, is there a way to see the tweaks without restarting the whole game?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 13:48

nope. at least none that I know. but you can add the files as pck in the corrispondent main root directory and the game will use your file OVER vanila and mods

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 14:26

Realspace wrote:nope. at least none that I know. but you can add the files as pck in the corrispondent main root directory and the game will use your file OVER vanila and mods
I found it by accident.Run the game in fullscreen and alt+tab reloads the shaders.They even mention this in patch notes because of some crash or something.This speeds the work big time. :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 18:29

ICO_hr wrote:
Realspace wrote:nope. at least none that I know. but you can add the files as pck in the corrispondent main root directory and the game will use your file OVER vanila and mods
I found it by accident.Run the game in fullscreen and alt+tab reloads the shaders.They even mention this in patch notes because of some crash or something.This speeds the work big time. :)
good to know! :wink:

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”