[MOD] Realspace Backgrounds and Planets (Update 1.4)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:33

ICO_hr wrote:Realspace , i start to dig into the files and find that they have two version of the same clouds, dark and brighter one for DeVrie.Is this have something to do with the HDR or something else?Do you have any idea? :?

EDIT: btw atleast these are mapped on sphere as far as i can tell which made them easy for edit.
why don't you try first to play with the settings in the material.xml? Mybe it is possible to reduce the alpha or intensity of the textures

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:53

Realspace wrote:
ICO_hr wrote:Realspace , i start to dig into the files and find that they have two version of the same clouds, dark and brighter one for DeVrie.Is this have something to do with the HDR or something else?Do you have any idea? :?

EDIT: btw atleast these are mapped on sphere as far as i can tell which made them easy for edit.
why don't you try first to play with the settings in the material.xml? Mybe it is possible to reduce the alpha or intensity of the textures
You mentioned changing settings anyway, is there a way to see the tweaks without restarting the whole game?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 13:48

nope. at least none that I know. but you can add the files as pck in the corrispondent main root directory and the game will use your file OVER vanila and mods

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 14:26

Realspace wrote:nope. at least none that I know. but you can add the files as pck in the corrispondent main root directory and the game will use your file OVER vanila and mods
I found it by accident.Run the game in fullscreen and alt+tab reloads the shaders.They even mention this in patch notes because of some crash or something.This speeds the work big time. :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 18:29

ICO_hr wrote:
Realspace wrote:nope. at least none that I know. but you can add the files as pck in the corrispondent main root directory and the game will use your file OVER vanila and mods
I found it by accident.Run the game in fullscreen and alt+tab reloads the shaders.They even mention this in patch notes because of some crash or something.This speeds the work big time. :)
good to know! :wink:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 19:56

Version 1.4 relased
Nebula and 3 planets in system Devrie improved

System Devrie is very immersive for the idea but there are some really bad design touches that spoil totaly immersion. One is the stars, big spots on the backgrpound, now replaced. Another is the nebula, pixelated due to the huge texture the mesh would require (it would be better to change the mesh completely) and some ugly hand brush on the margin of it, visible in the game. Then planets, are made of the same textures and their look is, well...bad, inferior to X3's. I changed the textures and tried to lower some effects such as reflection of material, unfortunally some things such as the haze are shared by all planets and you can not change differently.

http://xrebirth.nexusmods.com/mods/53/
Last edited by Realspace on Sat, 30. Nov 13, 14:28, edited 2 times in total.

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 08:58

Could you please rezip and reupload the file ? Problem while dezipping it

edit : It seems to be fixed now

Frumph
x4

Post by Frumph » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 20:37

Do you think it's possible to separate the mod into individual little mods? like for each galaxy or something? .. the 100mb download from nexus is a bit harsh with all their problems they are having.

X2return
x4

Post by X2return » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 18:39

Hi Realspace,
your version 1.4 i downloaded yesterday doesn't work on my configuration - any ideas maybe?

X Rebirth 1.18 Beta + following MODs
- 5k Scan Range 0.3 (Tyrant597)
- Better Cockpit 0.5 (OlDav54)
- Better Highway alphas 1.0 (Nebogloee)
- Helpful Directions 0.25 (Swallen)
- Manual Command 0.12 (Jack08)
- No Fog 0.2 (enenra)
- Reduced Masstraffic 0.3 (enenra)
- Remove Boarding Cutscene 1.01 (koronus)
- Remove Detail monitor Animation 1.02 (koronus)
- Run (Gazz)
- Show Skills 1.0 (StormMagi)
- Smart Miner 0.4 (Felrasha)
- Warning System 1.3 (Azalrion)
- Young Females

Your MOD is installed and turned on at extensions. I didn't look at planets yet but there are no Start anywhere - for example in DeVries

Greetz
X2return

letherial
x4

Nexus sucks

Post by letherial » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 09:29

Seriously...

Load the mod up to mega, and then just share the link..

https://mega.co.nz

you could even put up each version, 50gig free

X2return
x4

Post by X2return » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 10:59

Hi,
found the problem through the same problem with another MOD (Pimp My Skunk) in renaming the mainfolders name. In my Extensions directory i prefer folders without that annoying "_" and including version and author - in this case like "RS Stars 1.4 (Realspace)". Most MODs i tried out keep working with a renamed Mainfolder.

Without renaming the folder your MOD is working well.
So thank you - with yours i have to do an exception renaming folders, i fear.

X2return

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 14:42

X2return wrote:Hi,
found the problem through the same problem with another MOD (Pimp My Skunk) in renaming the mainfolders name. In my Extensions directory i prefer folders without that annoying "_" and including version and author - in this case like "RS Stars 1.4 (Realspace)". Most MODs i tried out keep working with a renamed Mainfolder.

Without renaming the folder your MOD is working well.
So thank you - with yours i have to do an exception renaming folders, i fear.

X2return
Mate, when the mod change/replace game assets(textures,meshes,sound files...) you cannot change folder names or folder structure because the game cant find the assets.For this mod and mine you need to edit ''material_library.xml'' so the proper paths are added to match the new folder names or folder structure.Another example is if you use mods that change sound files you need to edit ''sound_library.xml''.

kriller2

Post by kriller2 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 20:57

This is a great mod!

I think there are to many small stars? Watch this movie to see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev9oPUNaqXE

Allso if you pan with the camera I get flickering stars, what I did was to copy stars_bright_few_diff.gz and rename it to "stars_dim_lots_diff.gz" and then the flickering stopped maybe you can use that to pin point whats causing it.

kriller2

Is this mod dead??

Post by kriller2 » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 19:11

Just wondering since I gave feedback and got no answer.
/K2

jasio2k

mirror

Post by jasio2k » Sun, 2. Feb 14, 22:46

Hi

Any chance get mirror download link, not just nexusmods ????

Thanks

Eldgrim
x3ap

Post by Eldgrim » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 01:24

Broken Link :(

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 07:55

Updated link for anyone interested.

http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/53/?
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

MrUp
x4

Re: Updated link

Post by MrUp » Fri, 14. Feb 14, 16:11

Got it.. thanks!
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― douglas adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

narn
x3

Post by narn » Sat, 1. Mar 14, 00:10

Dead links to the preview images.

Jase555
x4

Post by Jase555 » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 11:10

Hey thanks for this. Registered at the nexus great site.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”