how to do you use the console

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

markdb92
x4

how to do you use the console

Post by markdb92 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 01:49

I found console command in assign controls

So I gave it shift c for it

Is there commands I can type in this

Like a lot cash so I can jump right into action and what not?

Right now the silly story mod is broken so I kinda want to give self lots of cash in sandbox mode so I can try the systems out

Jams79
x4

Post by Jams79 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:33

Edit your cash in a save file (make sure to edit all instances, not just the first). It's just an xml edit.

Malaras
x4

Post by Malaras » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 10:47

Jams79 wrote:Edit your cash in a save file (make sure to edit all instances, not just the first). It's just an xml edit.
i've edit 2 instances and still not showing, how many are there and whats the name i've found first one with
money=

2nd
money_player

The search in program isn't finding any others

MilesRS
x4

Post by MilesRS » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:05

quite simply find the amount of cash you had, then search for any repetitions of this number in the xml file, replace all with the amount of money you would like :)

edit: it hasnt worked for me though, im not convinced it would actually work
---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
---- X3ap BSG: Terra Incognita mod (in development)----
Latest update: 31/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S3YB ... ef=2&pli=1
OR
https://goo.gl/TH215l

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:33

MilesRS wrote:quite simply find the amount of cash you had, then search for any repetitions of this number in the xml file, replace all with the amount of money you would like :)

edit: it hasnt worked for me though, im not convinced it would actually work
That may work but it's risky because the search may not be unique. Instead change the player money right at the start of the file to an amount of your choice (don't overdo it :p ) and then search for account and replace the number there with the one of your choice.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Cubia

Post by Cubia » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:06

Let me say wow in part how this turned from about the question to modding money in save files, plz someone take the time to answer the real question, how do we use the console? Cause I for one would like to know...
Terror of Death

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:23

Cubia wrote:Let me say wow in part how this turned from about the question to modding money in save files, plz someone take the time to answer the real question, how do we use the console? Cause I for one would like to know...
Aye, kind of hijacked the OP but thought it's a joke because as in all Steam games the console is for in-game chats etc.. AfaIk there are no Dev commands if that's what you looking for :p

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:30

Yep as far as I know there are none in the game.

markdb92
x4

Post by markdb92 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:50

I hope a someone from Egosoft answers

Gave myself 300mil going to buy upgrades and what not haha

Do wish I knew how to enable the script editor in game so I don't have to you know find and replace my account numbers in the save as I don't care too much about achievements.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:58

markdb92 wrote:........Do wish I knew how to enable the script editor in game so I don't have to you know find and replace my account numbers in the save as I don't care too much about achievements.
So sorry but there is no SE.

Cheers Euclid

AuGuR
x4

Post by AuGuR » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:18

The 1st entry is related to the amount showing on the save game info, the rest are found by searching for account id="[0x3d]" amount= and putting the amount you want between the quotes after. There's something like 4 or 5 instances I believe.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:25

markdb92 wrote:Do wish I knew how to enable the script editor in game
As others have mentioned, there is no in-game script editor. This has been replaced by external xml files where you can write MD and aiscripts. This new method differs from the old X3 script editor that some are accustomed to.

It is relatively easy to write an MD "script" to add money to your account.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:30

I went easier with that, i first tried to use cheatengine to edit the money but sadly it failed, what i did instead is i search for the number of a said ware, sold one, did the new search, found it again, and again till i had only 1 amount of personal trading items, then i gave myself thousand of the said ware and sold it all one shot.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:00

Memory editing for credits? Heh.

It's like the 5th line in the save file, which is a plain XML file so you can edit it with Notepad if you like...

You don't even need an "XML editor" for that kind of work.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”