[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Drewgamer
x4

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by Drewgamer » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 16:43

Marvin Martian wrote:
Mon, 19. Nov 18, 16:11
some factions not generate a Police chief, i will see to provide an fix for in upcomming days - best you search the regular HoF,PMC,AR PoliceChiefs
Thanks, I was able to find one in the Heart of Albion sectors :)

espoir
x4

Post by espoir » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 23:28

Hello Marvin!
I have one question about your NF.

It is possible to merge shiptrader_pl script with shiprecycle mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =357067204)?
How can i make it?

At this moment i comment 3th left line (ship sell) and line from Shiprecycle mod appeared in game, but testing ship stuck at station (after dock), it's hull do not degrade and resources dialog of shiptrader is empty (((
Maybe problem in Xenon shipyard?

UPD #1:
No, problem is not in Xenon Shipyard, i’m try OM Shipyard and ship stuck too.

Kane Hart
x4

Post by Kane Hart » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 07:07

I'm hoping to update my PC next year if I get this job and looking forward to playing this on better specs.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 09:24

SirNukes wrote:
Mon, 12. Nov 18, 21:34
SirNukes wrote:
Mon, 12. Nov 18, 09:21
Retrying with just Lost Sectors or just NF did not run into this bug, but I was able to repeat it with the mods combined.
After more testing, it appears the problem is purely in NF. Its appearance was inconsistent in my initial tests which led me to the wrong suspicion of Lost Sectors, likely due to which tests I saved/reloaded on.

The bug occurs on a simple save/reload at the start of a new game, in both campaign and free play starts, with all extensions disabled except: HoL+TO, mm_uspprod, nf_base, nf_hol, nf_ol. I am using the latest files available on github. For the campaign, the bug only shows up after Yisha does the initial engine upgrade.
Hi did you manage to solve that bug? i have the same issue with the engine in the cockpit...

magitsu
x3ap

Post by magitsu » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 01:01

Bomekron is quite the boss. I took the Heretic Vanguard start and by the time I capped one and used it the first time I felt like I turned into a a government faction.
Should've taken over a salvage ship first though, since B produces filthy amount of wrecks wherever you park it for patrols to find.

edit: It was nice to see early action as a new player coming to this mod. For example Argon built a Metalworks I behind the OL gate (opposite side has the Sky Meadow) in the Alpha Quadrant only 6 hours in.

Vectorial1024
xr

Post by Vectorial1024 » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 19:21

Hey there, back again.

Now I want to really point out one thing: shipyards don't ever consume turrets.

Previously I ranted here (my bad) about introducing this "weapon parts" ware, trying to solve the problem that turrets seemingly are not being bought. Now as I look closer, the problem of turrets not being bought is that shipyards mysteriously do not consume turrets at all... (they consume drones, though.)

This, I think, is the true cause why the economy seems to have stalled mid-game.

I am running New Frontiers without the Universal Production component.
Engineering student, reporting for duty. College is tough, so no rush.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 01:39

SY only directly buy ware they need (or expect to need), based on types they can build
intention of WP(Compoments) was that some SY not _need_ some sort of turrets, so they don't have them in stock if an "non regular order" arrive but anyway, i think they will request them at this moment finally

so no, SY not buy turrets only for fun, drones are all added as tradeware, not reccources! but this is vanilla behavior, not depending on NF

Vectorial1024
xr

Post by Vectorial1024 » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 04:47

Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 01:39
SY only directly buy ware they need (or expect to need), based on types they can build
intention of WP(Compoments) was that some SY not _need_ some sort of turrets, so they don't have them in stock if an "non regular order" arrive but anyway, i think they will request them at this moment finally

so no, SY not buy turrets only for fun, drones are all added as tradeware, not reccources! but this is vanilla behavior, not depending on NF
Thanks for the explanation!

EDIT5: Absolute heresy. Maybe I have found a bug in the vanilla game accidentally.

Vectorial1024
xr

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 13:34

Hey again,

I propose we make some updates on the Architect special building. Mostly, there should be some options for us to delete some unwanted blueprints to get other new blueprints. (Right now, I can have a maximum of 4 blueprints, and those blueprints are not removable.)

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 19:17

in theory you should able to click through all blueprints and select that one you want like always this menue type is use - if it is not working there is any bugfix required

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 14:25

wow Marvin still working on this mod? respect.

How do you feel about X4? Any plans of modding it?

Vectorial1024
xr

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 18. Jan 19, 05:49

Warnoise wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 14:25
wow Marvin still working on this mod? respect.

How do you feel about X4? Any plans of modding it?
As a matter of fact, this thread for X4 exists:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=403357

Not gonna interpret anything myself...

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”