fusion reactors disappears on save-load

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jebbyk

fusion reactors disappears on save-load

Post by jebbyk » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 15:56

it can disappear if I begin to board a ship then save (F5) and load again (it happen sometimes when I try to board PMC Sanahar). And also it may happen when i boardig PMC Rahanas without save-load, but when i destory drone lounch pad, or damage the ship's hull to much. Is it a bug or a feature?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: fusion reactors disappears on save-load

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 16:22

Fusion reactors are trade wares and the type and amount of carried cargo wares left intact that you get when you board a ship is disclosed by the RNG at the point of successful boarding.

I am not sure if cargo can be destroyed just by partial damage to the remaining hull points, but it can be vented if you destroy dedicated storage.

If wares disappear exactly when you destroy the drone launch pad then perhaps something odd is going on as just the drones belonging to the target ship that are already docked there are destroyed when the launch pad dies. Ones in use and in transit to/from the ship remain in use until they run out of time.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jebbyk

Post by jebbyk » Mon, 16. Sep 19, 16:42

So you think that after save-load it just become visible that after end of boarding I will lost all fusion reactors?
I'm not quite sure, but it seems to me that maybe reactors disappeared before I started boarding, while I damage the hull and save-lad after that

And about Rahanas... Yes, reactors desappears after destroing drone lounchpad or damaging ship's hull to much (50-75%) (I have test it with saving before begin boarding and loading several times after)
And it happens near jump beacon, when Rahanas isn't transfering wares

And also another one interesting thing for me. Is there any way to change boarding mini - mission if drone lounch pad destroing is needed? Some times I don't want to lost all drones from boarded ship.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 00:14

The best way to save the drone launch pad from Yisha's target allocation is to leave lots of alternative surface targets for her to choose. That gives far better odds of her not selecting it for destruction. For example, I always leave as many small shield generators as possible, and I leave the topside turrets intact and launch my marines underneath the target where the remaining turrets cannot see them.

Another little trick is to time it such that one of the target's engines gets repaired during the operation as that will always be selected as a surface target by Yisha. If you let the jumpdrive device be repaired then that can be a definite Yisha target choice too, but you have to make sure to destroy it again before the ship jumps away.

If your boarding points are much better than the target's defence points even with the drone pad, you can even afford to ignore destroying the drone pad if chosen, well maybe once at least.

jebbyk

Post by jebbyk » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 08:28

Wow, thanks. Now I understand that I did it almost the same, but I did not guess to leave the turrets below and wait until engines and jumpdrive will be almost working.
I just started boarding after I destroyed engines, jump drive and all the turrets.
My current boarding power = 103, but enemies have an average boarding defense of 75-120. So ignoring Yisha - isn't my way currently I think

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 09:39

Oh, and make sure you have a hacker drone so that you get some hacking tasks from Yisha instead of just surface element targets.

jebbyk

Post by jebbyk » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 09:41

yes, I have it

jebbyk

Post by jebbyk » Tue, 17. Sep 19, 12:57

MY russian friends just bring me an idea not to destroy a turrets at all, but just leave only 20% of hull for each of them and they will not shut my mariners. I think it's realy cool idea.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Thu, 19. Sep 19, 11:07

jebbyk wrote:
Mon, 16. Sep 19, 16:42
And also another one interesting thing for me. Is there any way to change boarding mini - mission if drone lounch pad destroing is needed? Some times I don't want to lost all drones from boarded ship.
To add to what Alan said: just ignore this request. If you know that you already have enough boarding strength to take the ship, you can ignore the subsystem targets that Yisha calls out. It would just take a bit of extra time to update the boarding progress.

jebbyk

Post by jebbyk » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 09:28

jebbyk wrote:
Tue, 17. Sep 19, 08:28
My current boarding power = 103, but enemies have an average boarding defense of 75-120. So ignoring Yisha - isn't my way currently I think
)))

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 28. Sep 19, 22:11

:oops:

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 30. Sep 19, 05:57

whatever Yisha is saying doesn't have any actual impact on your effectiveness at boarding. each hard point, including the drone bay, adds to the boarding resistance of the target. if you blow up all of them, with 50% hull on the target, generally it'll have about 50 boarding resistance. with all hard points destroyed and <15% hull, it'll have around 20 boarding resistance. You can check this yourself if you check the info on the target and expand the "general information" section after each deal is destroyed. If you leave the drone bay in tact, at <15% hull it'll have >50 boarding resistance. sometimes in the 70's depending on the target.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 30. Sep 19, 11:14

".. whatever Yisha is saying doesn't have any actual impact on your effectiveness at boarding .."

What it does though is increase losses of marines in that boarding fight phase if you fail to do what she says - unless you have a significant boarding points superiority. If that is not the last boarding fight phase then those marine losses will have knock-on detriments for subsequent ones too. This obviously applies much more when you are trying to keep the target as intact as possible to save repair time after boarding.

I rather get the feeling that this has stopped being a tech sp thread and is more a gameplay one now. Maybe it should be moved to XR Universe?

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”