I found a workaround for the centre console not working [Q&A CPP-3]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Muritiku

Post by Muritiku » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 09:28

Nothing can fix this. I tried to save, load, continue from checkpoint, leave and return from menu, call map by button and by menu, start new free game. Map doesn't work.

Map started to work only after started of new company.

Mortucus
x3ap

ui map panel is gone

Post by Mortucus » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 12:12

yep gone nothing on it dont even pop up this is my 4 restart and its starting to anoy me big time

Raxeus
x3tc

Post by Raxeus » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 12:47

Same here, I've started a routine system save list (that I have to do manually) and I've had to go back legitimately over 50 times for bug related things, but yes now my ui screen does not come up anymore and I'm on my last bit of patience via going back to my older saves.

icyspirit
x3tc

Post by icyspirit » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 12:58

When you are in the cockpit, try ENTER->CREW, and then ENTER->COCKPIT
想左右一切的时候,往往被左右。

Zhevron
x4

Post by Zhevron » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 13:05

icyspirit wrote:When you are in the cockpit, try ENTER->CREW, and then ENTER->COCKPIT
Just to make it clear, note that you have to use the menu and not the button at the door. It solves it in most cases. If not, the consensus seems to be that your save is broken.

LeonhardSpoiler

Missions / Trades / Map display has disappeared

Post by LeonhardSpoiler » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:27

The display showing Missions, Trades, Galaxy/System/Sector/Zone Map etc. has disappeared from my game. It doesn't come back if I exit the game completely and load my latest saved game, so it would appear that something in my saved game is causing this.

I had this problem earlier in the campaign, and the display eventually reappeared. I don't know what sequence of things happened to make it reappear.

I would post a screenshot, but there doesn't appear to be a way to upload an image to the forum. I can provide a screenshot on request.

Can anybody else confirm that they also have this problem?

EDIT: I found another thread in which somebody suggested trying MENU->CREW and then returning to the cockpit. This worked for me!

Sarge222
x3tc

Post by Sarge222 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:42

I was going to suggest the same. The issue occurs when the "sitting" animation has the bug where you sit through the chair. Keep going to crew and returning until it fixes itself magically.

Zhevron
x4

Post by Zhevron » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:44

Yeah, having this on and off. Seems to occur only after entering the ship using the button by the door.

For reference, the workaround is to hit ENTER and 5 to enter the crew compartment and then ENTER, 5 and 5 again to enter the cockpit. Do NOT use the button by the door.

This issue persists through saves as well. Posted just in case someone else stumbles onto the thread.

spitzfire
x3tc

Post by spitzfire » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:56

I have also been hit by this problem numerous times, but it has always somehow resolved itself, so it has never 'broken' a save for me.

Sometimes it's fixed after doing ENTER/5, ENTER/5 while flying, sometimes after docking at a station.

Something else that has helped me when the problem happens while I am flying, is to use ENTER/5 to enter the back of the Skunk and, while 'walking', open whatever menu you want (e.g. ENTER/4 for Trade).

Mozz
xr

Slide up menu missing from game save

Post by Mozz » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:56

I've encountered quite the game breaking bug. I've had a look on the forums and on the net in general but I can;t find anyone with quite the same issue.

The sliding hud that pops up in the middle of the albion skunk between you and your co-pilot doesn't slide up, or display any of the hud. I can still interact with it by hitting random numbers (specifically in the mission section).

I have started a new game and the hud works in this. I have tried loading, quick loading, changing the screen resolution and AA settings to try and force a graphics refresh but none of these work. The menu stays invisible and no models slide up.

I'm running the steam downloaded version of the game on windows 7 64 bit. With a EVGA 770 GPU running nearly up to date drivers (holding off as latest drivers break other games) [will update with exact driver version]

I've spent a fair deal of time working up this save to a state where I have a million credits near the start of the game from mission and exploration farming. So I'd rather avid restarting after spending my weekend hammering the game (Would rather not loose interest).

jurrehart
x3tc

Post by jurrehart » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:59

I started testing a method to avoid the info screen to disaspear, and at the moment I have 3 to 4 hours of gaming without the issue. The method consist in exiting the info screen always from the entry point by using the back button.

It seems that if you enter the info screen and then change pages , followed by closing the info screen with the X button you are much more prone to the issue.

For Example when viwing a detail from the sector map:

, -> sector MAP -> 4 zone -> 4 detail -> 1 back -> 1 back -> X (close)

spitzfire
x3tc

Post by spitzfire » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 15:18

There have been multiple threads about this issue. Here are 2 on the first page of Tech Support.
Thread 1
Thread 2
Good luck. :)

Rudinho
x3

Post by Rudinho » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 16:10

CONFIRMED - i had to RESTART a fresh game
X3: Reunion SH3 and IV style Hunter :D
Asus P5QLD
Antec True Power 650W
C4Q 9550@2.8Ghz
G.Skill 4x1GB 6400 CL4
SSD X25 60GB
ATI HD6950 2GB

Shadow4869
x4

Post by Shadow4869 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 17:03

I had fixed this one by hitting enter and then the button that checks on the crew while in space. When I came back it was fixed.

scottykad

Post by scottykad » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 17:08

This is a regular feature for me, i go check the crew, then go back to the computer, 90% of the time it fixes it.

Ruges
x4

Post by Ruges » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 17:11

morikaane wrote:It'll get fixed.

Pretty sure it's triggered by something not firing right the moment that door you go through to get onto the bridge (in that cutscene sequence).

You can also press <enter>, then 4 to get off the bridge and then just activate the panel to go back if you can't be bothered using the drone trick [especially if you don't have any].

Works every time.

M.
You would also think it would be an easy fix too since the bug is saved in the save file.

xandicar
x4

Post by xandicar » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 17:42

Thanks for the idea. I did already use the 'crew' option and that works most of the times.

e4gail
x2

[Bug] Pop up computer no longer shows

Post by e4gail » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 05:25

I can select a mission - or any menu actually - information - map - anything

The pop up computer on the right does not show.

I also notice when I go from crew back to the front the ships seat does not work.

If I dock somewhere and then jump back on my ship everything works.

I have a save file if anyone wants it - should be reproducible with the save.

Katastrophi
x3

Re: [Bug] Pop up computer no longer shows

Post by Katastrophi » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 05:36

e4gail wrote:I can select a mission - or any menu actually - information - map - anything

The pop up computer on the right does not show.

I also notice when I go from crew back to the front the ships seat does not work.

If I dock somewhere and then jump back on my ship everything works.

I have a save file if anyone wants it - should be reproducible with the save.
I can confirm that I have run into this bug as well.

Airemon

Post by Airemon » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 05:49

I have found it also, and found that the the commands still work in stations.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”